"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

McTag

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 09:56 am
@Izzie,

So if he had muddy boots how come you didn't ask him to leave the stuff by the front door?

Once we had a delivery of a hamper on Christmas Eve, early in the morning, and because we weren't dressed properly we asked the man to come into the hall (the lobby- Scotl.) and put it down near the door, and after he had gone (lovely hamper, by the way) we had horrible oily black bootmarks on the carpet.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, as we always say.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 10:49 am
My little boy was very excited when I picked him up from school today. There's a squirrel that has been coming up to him during playtime. Today it perched on his shoulder and gave him a kiss.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 11:43 am
Hi all,

So busy day at work! Am waiting for Sgirl to come home with a couple of her friends, apparently she is filming tonight and tomorrow for her media film - a horror! Great!

Just had an arguement with a game store in Exeter! So am gonna Vent! My son bought an xbox game Battlefield 3, all his mates have it and he wanted to play on line, but we kept getting an error fromEA server! The shop won't take it back because it has been opened! I told them I had researched online and there is a problem with this! The shop denied it, I told them to do some research! they said to come in and talk to some of the people that work there who play it with no problem, but they are aware it is an open server game which could get busy! I said he has tried every day for a week to access and it keeps coming up with an error on EA games server!! Argh! So for any of you with teenage sons beware!

Ok vent over! Thanks for listening and apologies for a long rant! I will go in tomorrow and vent some more and threaten trading standards!

So deep breath and need to go cook some tea for the mob that is soon to arrive! Oh hum the joys!

Hugs and stuff to all X

mismi

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 12:26 pm
@annis,
Hi!

I am back in the refinishing furniture business. I just made the most wonderful run on our local thrift store. I got 2 hardwood tables, an upholstered chair and another rattan table that has none of the spokes broken or chipped - it has a glass top. I spent $50 for the lot of it. I am pretty sure that I can refurbish every single item and make at least $75 a piece for them. Pretty sure more. But I will more than make what I spent and the time will not be a big deal. I can do it when I have the time and let it dry when I am running around after the kids...

baseball season is right around the corner.

Also - Izzie love - I heard about the other job. Have an interview in 2 weeks. I was told that I was by far the most qualified and the strongest possibility for it out of all of the resume's they have received. Happy thing that. Very Happy The reason for the delay is that the company just got bought by another one and the main employer (the one that will interview me) has things to wrap up before he can come down. It will be a huge relief for the Professor if I get this job. He is worried about my spending money to make money. Wink

I am sorry about the footyprints on the carpet though. Men. humpf. Wink

Hiya McT.

Izzy - how neat is that! I think squirrels are adorable. Love their little bitty hands. SO cute.

Good to see you Tulip. Take a rest! You deserve it.

Hello Dear Dutchy! ((Dutchy))
McTag

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 12:37 pm
@annis,

Quote:
with a game store in Exeter!

Call me old-fashioned (well, I am, it's true) but there was I thinking hares, rabbits, venison, partridges, pheasants, salmon.....
annis

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 12:42 pm
@McTag,
Ha! thanks McTag that made me laugh!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 02:39 pm
@mismi,
Hello Crew

(((((MaMaVerby)))))

http://rlv.zcache.com/happy_5th_wedding_anniversary_postcard-p239493284638912087z8iat_400.jpg

Hope you can have a rest today and enjoy your anniversary together. (((MaMaVerby, Eby and H-boy))) xxx

McTag wrote:

So if he had muddy boots how come you didn't ask him to leave the stuff by the front door?

Ah well, had I seen he had muddy boots, I would asked him to leave it at the door... but he followed me and ... the rest is history. No worries tho, li'l bit of mud. Hope all is good up country ((Taggers))

izzythepush wrote:

My little boy was very excited when I picked him up from school today. There's a squirrel that has been coming up to him during playtime. Today it perched on his shoulder and gave him a kiss.

How lovely is that Very Happy There's a couple squirrrrrrrrls in TC's tree which don't half whip up noise with their tails Shocked Cute little critters! Hoping you three are doing well along the coast. Saints v Leics on Monday, c'mon the Saints! (((IzY)))

annis wrote:

Ok vent over!

Hey Tulip - any luck with the game or the store today???? Hope S-girl had a good time last night. Send my love to them and keep out of the nasty weather... it's been a horrid day. (((Tulip)))xxx

mismi wrote:

Hi!

I am back in the refinishing furniture business.

Also - Izzie love - I heard about the other job. Have an interview in 2 weeks. I was told that I was by far the most qualified and the strongest possibility for it out of all of the resume's they have received. Happy thing that. Very Happy

Oh (((((Mis))))), I'm so, so pleased for you... you know you're in my thoughts and I'm posivibing heap-bigtime for you for t'other job coming up trumps. Keep going girlie... the right thang for you is right around the corner... and you're headed in the right direction. Keep your faith. Love you much x

BEAgle - hope the sun is still shining but you're staying cool. How's it going Down Under? All OK hun. Glad you liked the sunrise - you'll be seeing that soon... nearly time to wakey wakey. Give my love to MrsB and hope all is well with the PL clan (((((D))))xx

((((lyBlue-xox))) you and yours xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See y'all later. x
mismi

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 10:37 pm
@Izzie,
Happy Anniversary Verbs! Wow...five years! Really hard to believe! Congratulations!

Hiya Iz. Thanks hun. Hope you are having a good weekend...
Hope you all are!

Hugs you all!
mis
mismi

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 09:57 am
@mismi,
Good Sunday Morning Folkses.

Hope you have a good day. I am running late for church. I have been playing. Shocked Really not a shocker at all is it?

Hugs y'all
Dutchy

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 01:38 pm
@mismi,
Morning Izzie, mismi and the rest of the crew. New week down here and still very warm so lying low with a cool drink! Ice cold freshly squeezed orange juice. has plenty of vitamin in it.

Trust you made it to church on time Miss Sunshine and said a little prayer for the Bosun. I've strayed a little and need a clean soul. Wink

Verbivor congratulations, your box of chocolates are in the mail. Smile

Waves and hugs from down under.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 05:37 pm

Yesterday at the orchestra we started rehearsing the "Egmont" overture, Beethoven.

subtitled "Ouvertuere zu Goethes Trauerspiel"- sounds authentic.

I feel very privileged, and a bit astonished to be playing this stuff...however imperfectly. Smile Shocked
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 01:30 am
@Izzie,
you know, this ship has been sailing for years, and I've never bothered to check the batteries in the smoke detectors...

while I'm doing that, Ima reload the mars bar stash, and tune the piano.

waka waka...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Q-NJKt-pc&feature=related

steady as she goes, captain.
McTag

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 02:44 am
@Rockhead,

Thanks Rock.

I love you madly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUVK3WoBUT0&feature=related
JPB

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 06:21 am
Numerous reports of tornadoes rolling throughout Alabama over night and continuing now. Sending out a special prayer to all in the path a double prayers for our Miss Mismi and her loved ones.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 06:42 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Numerous reports of tornadoes rolling throughout Alabama over night and continuing now. Sending out a special prayer to all in the path a double prayers for our Miss Mismi and her loved ones.

Take care, Mismi!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 08:16 am
@JPB,
Thank you so much JPB. We needed those prayers. Thank you Wandel! I am very sleepy - but so thankful we were safe. It was a noisy storm - I have never seen so much lightning. And very, very windy - but no tornadoes!

Further north though - it's bad. Same area that got it back in April. It breaks my heart for those folks. One of my friends students got killed in it. I kept praying too as I would see that couplet on the radar going past friends homes.

The biggest fear I have when it comes to these storms is not getting everyone to our safe place. Yes - I want to keep sleeping but those babies in the next room give me the gumption to peel the eyelids back and watch James Spann in his suspenders ad nauseum. Two of the boys did wake up when a siren went off but thankfully it was for the northern part of the county. They went right back to sleep.

I do so appreciate your thoughts and prayers! I am going to go back to bed! Wink
mismi

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 08:23 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
waka waka...

I shoulda known it would be muppets. I thought you were posting a Shakira video at first! I don't know that I have ever eaten a Mars bar. But I am sure I would like them...not sure why I haven't. I need to put that on my "to do" list on my boogie board. (I have a new thing called a boogie board from mom and dad in law) Just thought I would share. Wink
http://www.brookstone.com/webassets/product_images/700x700/647693p.jpg
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 09:35 am
Thanks y’all for your concerns and it is pretty scary down here at the moment; not a pretty sight at all.

What we need to do is to stay clam; I know that’s easier said than done because all of us are capable of panic. What is harder to determine is exactly how we will react when it grips us.

Imagine being in the barn late one night, quite alone and suddenly fearin’ a sight outside like the hounds from hell, in a fraction of a second your heart beats wildly. You breathe faster; your mouth is suddenly dry. And you feel faint as the blood in your body is shunted into the muscles, to give you the chance of a speedy escape.

Sudden stress has an immediate effect on the hypothalamus in your brain. It begins pumping out a corcitotrophin releasing hormone, triggering a response from the body’s master gland the pituitary.

Within seconds it sends messages in your blood to the adrenal glands. They start to produce the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline, preparing your body for fight or flight...

And so it was for me at the thought of a bleary eyed sleep deprived Missy at the breakfast table.
I think ima going back to bed!

‘And he saith unto them, Come and dine with me. And none of the crew durst ask of him, who art thou? Knowing that it was only Try'.
John star date: 21:12

Y’all have a nice day now!

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:37 am
@mismi,
Thanks for checking in, mis. It's quite a mess down there. Glad to hear you and yours are safe. Rest up. ((( mis )))
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 10:39 am
@Tryagain,
Ha! Well, not knowing if you're talking from your heart or your backside --- I don't think anyone here thinks that anyone in harm's way is "only Try".
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:26:50