Izzie

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 05:39 am
lovin' the (((((((((Crew))))))))))... thinking of y'all - have a great Sunday

xxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 05:42 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, hope your Sunday is all you wish for, mine was fabulous.

If I may, I also like to wish JPB a very Happy Birthday with many more to follow. I hope I said it quiet enough so nobody heard me. Smile

Bosun heading for his cabin shortly. Cheers for now.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 09:26 am
Hey all, ooh tis mighty chilly here!

I think I may have missed a certain someone's birthday! So Belated wishes!

Izzie, Sorry didn't get message! so missed calling in, Shame! Time just seems to run away!

Still struggling with jigsaw! but did go shopping yesterday as Fboy needed some school shoes and boy his feet have grown size 9! managed to find some Fred Perry's in the sale! Sgirl got a dress which was 70% discount from Monsoon! So got some bargains there!

So today I washed the car and then the dog, the latter had rolled in some nasty stuff which was Fox orientated!

Hope all is well with you and yours, hugs all X
mismi

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 02:18 pm
@annis,
Hi Tulip!

Hi Yabberers. Finally got rid of the fourth kid. Smile We had a spend the night party again. Dang. I am a glutton.

Going to take my nappy poo. Get all snuggly wuggly with the stinky hounds. I can't take a nap without their insisting they join me - so- so be it.

Hugs to all. Have a wonderful day and Tulip - I hope you, Izzie and JPB have kicked the ick. Wink Take care of you.

mis
Dutchy

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 02:39 am
@mismi,
Hi all, an uneventful very hot Monday, so stayed indoors with the airco on and watched Tennis. The Australian Open started today and the mighty Roger Federer is about to start his campaign on centre court. Australia's new teenage sensation Bernard Tomic beat his much higher ranked Spanish opponent in 5 sets and gave the nation something to cheer about. Our woman's hope Sam Stosur will be in action tomorrow. Cheers from downunder.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 03:40 am
@annis,

Fred Perry came from Stockport, ye ken.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_7IW3CxlYWX8/TJhlFw5auHI/AAAAAAAAAbQ/7AeEIb8F9WA/Stockport_Viaduct_400smw.jpg
annis

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 04:05 am
@McTag,
Thanks McTag, no I did'nt know but thanks to you I do now Smile
Sh am at work! Just off to my English lesson at 10.10!

Have a good day X
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 07:12 pm
@annis,
We must be a busy group of folks these days. I keep peeking my head in here to see what everyone is up to!

Good to see you Tulip and McT!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/407237_10150532227780842_65676345841_8756906_1573329045_n.jpg
That's the sunset over Wedowee Lake today - isn't it beautiful?

I played tennis with the boys today and my knees are hollering now. Ouch. I forget how hard it is on the ol' knees. Running cross country for so long shredded them I'm afraid. The older I get the worse they feel! I sound like an old woman. Pshaw.

Hope you all had a good day - or are will have a good day.

Hugs and kisses,
mis
Dutchy

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 07:22 pm
@mismi,
Hello miss sunshine, I don't believe a word you say of being an old woman and feeling that way. I always picture you as an energetic young mother with lots of effervescence. LOL

Beautiful photo mismi, you're following in Izzie's footsteps eh.

Where is dear Izzie today, snowed under and isolated from the rest of the world?

Even hotter today, but I'm fine, cold beer and feet up. LOL

Cheers from downunder.
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 07:40 pm
@Dutchy,
Oh I didn't take it Dutchy. I wish I had. Someone in Wedowee took it. I just snagged it from Facebook because I thought it was so beautiful.

Ah Dutchy - you say the nicest things. My young days are behind me - I am more toward what you would call middle age. I feel like I am in my twenties in my head - and then after playing tennis or doing a particularly hard work out - well - forget about it. I am pooped! Wink
McTag

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 02:55 am
@mismi,

It's awfully cold here today, coldycoldycold. The "bleak midwinter" is back with a vengeance.

And guess who didn't set the timer properly last night for the heating? No hot water for showers when needed? Yes folks, it was me.

Izzie will be freezing her bits off down there, so warm thoughts from us.
Izzie

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 04:44 am
@McTag,
shhhhhhh... at work

<dangit tho, still not well>

nem'mind.

Massive catchup but Mis I just say your photo - STUNNING GIRL, STUNNING (edit: oh just saw you din't take the shot... whoever did, do tell them STUNNING!) Razz

I shot the sunrise thismorning as I was leaving the house so will post sunrise from across the pond later. How lovely it would be if we could do that more often... sunrises and sunsets across the woild. ((Missy))xxxxx

Taggers - you're right Petty Officer... it was sooooooooooo cold the last few days... minus 4 in the morning (I think Scotland hit -10 tho and I think you're a tad chillier than us too) and the car takes an eon to defrost and warm up. Gorgeous tho with the mist rising from the fields and spectacular scenery...everything white and beautiful. Love that so much. I think we are warming up today... well, better than freezing. I must admit tho, I do love the cold nights and bright skies... mmmmmmmm... Hope you mnage to get the heating timer sorted, I've just changed mine again to come on before I get home from work - don't like walking into a chilly house. ((Taggers))x

Hey BEAgle .... ((((((D)))))) I'm here, but I musn't be - have a million and one things to catch up on at work <slaps wrist for talking>... lawdy lawdy... I hope you are taking care of yourself Spring Chick and that all is well and happy DownUnder. love you x

Will try and get online tonight, so see y'all then - have great days, near and far...

just needed a few mins with my crew... thanku
x

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 07:53 am
@McTag,
Oh no. It sounds very January-y. I am pretty sure that January is my least favorite month. Bleak. Cold. Very bare here. Bundle up McT. Hope you have a cozy day in spite of the coldness outside.

Oh Iz - I was thinking about you all day yesterday. I am glad you posted - but so sad you feel badly still. Hmmm...I so WISH I could bring you chicken noodle soup. Because of course that heals anything.

That picture is so purple and pink! Which is exactly why I snagged it...hardly any color in our surroundings right now. It feels like living on the planet Ixchel. So when you see a sunset that has that kind of color you have to hang on to it. I think I shall try to snap a pic over the lake each day too - if I can. It is very grey and rainy today though. Supposed to have thunderstorms this afternoon. yuck.

Hugs to all. See you later.
mis
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 09:23 am
Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks. I had a lovely weekend celebration in New Orleans and now I'm sitting at the airport for the return back to cold and blustery Chicago. Still coughing and sounding like I belong in the pulmonary ward. Trying to keep it suppressed so as not to freak out my fellow passengers. I'm sure I'm not contagious but I sound like hell. So does the guy sitting across the room... Maybe he's going to dallas.

I agree about January, mis. Longest, coldest, darkest 31 days of the year that seem to drag on forever. At least february is blissfully short.

Sorry you're still feeling poorly, Iz. Give yourself some special TLC and get rid of those nasty bugs!
mismi

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 10:23 am
@JPB,
Those kinds of coughs just hang on forever JPB. G baby has the same sound. It sounds bad...but he says it doesn't really bother him. Hope it clears up for you soon. Do you have cough drops? (now I sound like my mother)

Glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend! Fun! Love Nola - and it is so mild right now. Happy thing that. Though yes- long and bleak January is. Something about February - maybe it's all of the chocolate and the hearts - but I am much lighter of mood then. And yes - blessedly short...and then there's March. Lovely breezy and warm...at least here mostly. Need it. I might even have a job by then. Need it. The professor is getting a little antsy about my being home and not working right now. Smile Made some comments while he was walking out the door this morning. Shocked

I am sure I will find something soon. I always do. I hope that will continue...

Take care of you - wishing you a very coughless flight home. Wink
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 10:49 am
@mismi,
Hey Mismi, just a wonderful shot! We had an amazing sunrise! very red!

Get well soon JPB and Izzie, I think I am in need of some adrenalin!

So today was my day off, I got up late walked dogs, cleaned everywhere! Made bread and soup for tea, done the washing and put out the rubbish, took dogs out again and finished off with trying to do my Jigsaw! Tis slow progress!

F-boy just home and doing homework! S-girl is late tonight, so easy tea.

We had a very big frost last night everything was white as can be! Now getting cold again, so heating on I think.

Hugs and warm thoughts to all the crew X
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 03:38 pm
Home.

It's 26 degrees and snowing. It's 75 and partly sunny in New Orleans. I'm here and not there. There's something wrong with this picture.

It's good to be home and see my kitties, though. Sleeping in my own bed sounds pretty good too. See.... there are silver linings!
Tryagain

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 03:40 pm
Howdy y’all, hands up all of you who are free from infection!

Just as I thought, only Missy, Brooke and myself; now what does that tell ya?
Yup, say your prayers and drink a bottle of bourbon every day if y’all want to please the Lawd.

“Drink your wine with a merry heart.”
Ecclesiastes 9:7

Iffin’ you want confirmation: Psalm 104:14-15 states that God gives wine “that makes glad the heart of man.”

And don’t worry about sounding croaky, after a bottle you won’t really care!

I see Missy ‘snagged’ an image of a stunning sunset, I am minded of:
Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."

Unless of cause you are a judge, then I guess it’s ok; because…
If there were no judgment...

All the prisons would be empty and thieves, serial killers, drug dealers, rapists, and murderers would be loose in your neighborhood.

You could not discipline your children and teach them not to steal, lie, do drugs, or give in to peer pressure.

Schools could not be mandated (by parents or govt.) but if children did attend, they could not be evaluated as to their progress. Everyone would graduate regardless of their advance. Students could not be graded or disciplined.

You could not judge any false doctrine and would have to allow it to be taught from your church’s pulpit.

Oh lawdy where is Judge Dredd when you need him?

The morale of this parable: Bailey’s and ice is really nice.
Once you have supped the Bailey’s, oh lawdy, the ice will really make you hot!

Get well crew; I feel the call of the horizon and the wind and tide iz set fair.
Waves: ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 09/25/2024 at 10:28:44