"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 10:59 am
@mismi,
Thank you Mismi. I really like this thread, and the people on it. It's one of the few places I'm not a nasty bastard. A couple of questions for you regarding accents.
1. It is possible to say 'Alabama,' without a Southern accent? I'm English and I can't do it.
2. Can you say 'Beercan,' without it sounding like 'Bacon,' with a Jamaican accent? I can't.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 11:04 am
@izzythepush,
a better question for missy would be to ask her to pronounce Georgia for us.

and thank you for not being a bastard here...

note to the captain:

no more infections for you. save some for the rest of us and quit keeping them all to yourself...

extra mars bars on the grocery list.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 11:24 am
Howdy y’all, complements of the season to all y’all and your kin folk.

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly Mizz Izzie, and although not technically qualified to practice medicine. Well, not according to is Honour Judge Rubin at the Louisiana State Court House, but leaving aside his ruling for a moment; I have the perfect hands on approach to cure your chest infection.

Verby sweetie, headaches are Mother Nature’s way of telling you to slow down and take it easy. I have a cure for that but it does involve a hot tub and a preponderance of bubbles.

Missy dear, I couldn’t leave for the bad lands without first pointing out that since leaving your job you are not unemployed; far from it, you are engaged full time on the Lords work; spreading sunshine, joy and comfort to all you meet.

Juliette Princess Beauregard (JPB) long time no see; I sincerely hope your programme is still on schedule and you are reaping the benefits of perseverance.

Frankie, you write some fine words; I like the cut of your jib.

Does anyone know anything about insurance claims because…

I am writing in response to the request for additional information. In block number 5 of the accident reporting form, I put "Trying to do the job alone" as the cause of my accident. You said in your letter that I should explain more fully, and I trust that the following details will be sufficient:

I was moonlighting as a bricklayer over the New Year’s Holiday. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six story building. When I completed my work, I discovered that I had about 500 pounds of brick left over. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley, which, fortunately, was attached to the side of the building at the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at ground level, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the brick into it. Then I went back to the ground and untied the rope, holding it tight to insure a slow descent of the 500 pounds of bricks. You will note, in block number 11 of the accident reporting form that I weigh 235 pounds.

Due to my surprise of being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rather rapid rate up the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming down. This explains the fractured skull and broken collarbone. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley. Fortunately, by this time, I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope in spite of my pain.

At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground, and the bottom broke out of the barrel. Devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel now weighed approximately fifty pounds.

I refer you again to my weight in the accident reporting form, block number 11. As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounted for the two fractured ankles and the lacerations on my legs and lower body.

This encounter with the barrel slowed me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell onto the pile of bricks and fortunately, only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report however, that as I lay there on the bricks in pain, unable to stand and watching the empty barrel six stories above me...I again lost my presence of mind...and let go of the rope!!!

Can I put my finger on the cause? Frayed knot!

I am available for children’s parties; special rates for Yabber crew.

mismi

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 11:48 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Thank you Mismi. I really like this thread, and the people on it. It's one of the few places I'm not a nasty bastard. A couple of questions for you regarding accents.
1. It is possible to say 'Alabama,' without a Southern accent? I'm English and I can't do it.
2. Can you say 'Beercan,' without it sounding like 'Bacon,' with a Jamaican accent? I can't.

That made me laugh out loud. I will be saying beercan with a jamaican accent as bacon for the rest of my life. Yah - all those short "a's" will make a southerner of the most folks.

'Lo Rock - you're up early. Wink Georgia? Jawja? What are you looking for there eh?

Oh Try. The Lerd's work is what I am aboot. Thankee kindly for mentioning me in your diatribe. xox
Truly - I just love people. If that pleases God then it pleases me.
mismi

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 12:14 pm
@mismi,
I have been saying "beer can" for around 20 minutes and though I love that when I say it I can make it sound like bacon in Jamaican...I can also slaughter the heck out of it. Thanks to my redneck family members....

Bee-yer ca-yun. Four syllables - very harsh short a...sounds nothing like bacon in Jamaican. Not pretty.

And if you soften the "a's" in Alabama to "ah's" it sounds like Ahlahbahmah. Which is not southern sounding at all.

Do you think I gave too much time to this subject Izzy? Wink
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 12:17 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
Do you think I gave too much time to this subject Izzy? Wink

I'm not really the right person to ask. I've already spent way too much time on it myself.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 12:22 pm
I'm craving a beer all of a sudden....

Perseverance ... yep, that's me to a T. Doing well, thanks.
mismi

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 02:18 pm
@JPB,
Try fits the "Yabber" bill to a T.

Hiya JPB. Wink

Where's Dutchy? I know he is playing around here somewhere.

Izzie thoughts are with you. Hope you are feeling better.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 02:33 pm
@mismi,
Hi miss sunshine, I'm around playing the game with my mate Andrei in Hawaii and a local friend.

Crew what can we do for poor Tryagain? He must be in a bad way, do you think prayers will help for this hillbilly?

JPB are you still on target in 2012?

Izzie, vibes coming your way, get rid of that nasty bug, pronto,

Waves to the crew.
mismi

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 02:59 pm
@Dutchy,
There he is. Hello Dutchy!

I think Tryagain is fine. Just looking for sympathy from the ladies...much like you Dear Dutchy. Wink
Rockhead

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 03:05 pm
@mismi,
it's all about the sugar lumps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ozSSseCh3U&feature=related
mismi

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 03:44 pm
@Rockhead,
OH MY GOODNESS - I LOVE THOSE MEN
They are hilarious. I love me some goofy men.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:31 pm

Hey did anyone else see "Borgen", the new Danish drama series on BBC4?

It's very promising.

I missed "The Killing", must get the box set, I hear it's great.
Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:31 pm
@Tryagain,
mismi wrote:

Try fits the "Yabber" bill to a T.

Izzie thoughts are with you. Hope you are feeling better.

Tea, did someone mention TEA! Too cool...

oh I love to come on here and see all your happy faces - you make me laugh... and the more crew the merrier!

I am working on being a little better... I still sound rough as rats... but... I reckon, there's a slight improvement on the pain in my cheeks Wink (OK, sinuses aren't as painful)... dayum my voice and chest... nasty

talking of which Baby Blue ... there's really only one answer to the question you didn't ask... Cool

where's them hands baby...

Tryagain wrote:

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly Mizz Izzie, and although not technically qualified to practice medicine. Well, not according to is Honour Judge Rubin at the Louisiana State Court House, but leaving aside his ruling for a moment; I have the perfect hands on approach to cure your chest infection.

Mr. Green Razz Arrow

((((((((((((Blue)))))))))))))) smooches you.. love...to you and yours, big hugs.

Missssssssssssssssssssssy, you sound so happy Baby Girl.... news...??? Faith in you Dixie... saying a prayer. love you much xxxxx

Thanku RH - I wouldnee want to pass this on to anyone - it's knocked me for 6, 7 and 8... but... this too shall pass and Noddy has sent a beautiful full moon to beam down on all that I love, I am convinced I will feel a little better tomorrow. Thankyou - would never wish any ill on anyone aboard... do take care out there in the boonies.

IzWithAY - it's nice to see you aboard... you'll find our sailing around the world is quite a pleasant experience once the errrrr... whinging POM quits whining about being sick (gah, I don't like being sick!) Heh, you wouldnee be a bad lad on this thread - we'd have to wrap it in sugar coating. Be who are you D... just be who you are as you sip Calvaderos on the deck - chipper and humourous... and Missy does love a recipe. Love to the kidlets, mate xxx

JPB - you are just a superstar. Love to ChiToon... guess what? we got our first snowdrops and the flowers have started appearing so we're hoping Jack Frost (tho I love Jack visiting) is gonna spare the plants appearing early. ((((((((JPB and B's))))

BEAAAAAaagle - hows you? Feeling a tad more feisty or taking it easy in the heat. Here, hug me (then disinfect)! xxxxxxxxxx

OK... early school run but I'm not fit for work... so back to bed for me on my return.... I so will feel better tomorrow - determination.

Crew, you are the best. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
McTag

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:32 pm
@Izzie,

My gosh, that was posted at the same time as me, plus one microsecond.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:32 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Hey did anyone else see "Borgen", the new Danish drama series on BBC4?

It's very promising.

I missed "The Killing", must get the box set, I hear it's great.

No no... not even had the telly on tonight........ so peaceful...

Nighty night Taggers 'ole Petty Officer ((((((((POMcT&CabinBoy)))))))

Spooooooooooooky... cross posting with a Scotsman...! Wink
McTag

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:35 pm
@Izzie,

Scotsmen are in the news, trying to cast themselves off. Well, Scotsmen have always done that, eh?
mismi

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:36 pm
@Izzie,
(( IZZIE)) I luvs you. Feel better. NO NEWS. That's alright. My understanding is it takes a while for this company to move. Smile But the Prof is feeling the pinch so I must find some interim work. I did get a job offer at a local Pita restaurant...so there is that. AND it pays as much as my last job. Go figure. I was so underpaid there it's not even funny. T0ok advantage of me they did.

Take care of you please.
JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:49 pm
@Izzie,
Some folks here say they're seeing daffodils and crocuses on the sunny side of their houses. Very bizarre non-winter this year.

And.... Ha CHOO!

over and over again

uh oh

<sniff>
JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:49 pm
@mismi,
oh..... I would eat my entire paycheck at one of those places.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.16 seconds on 09/26/2024 at 03:46:51