"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

verbivore

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 12:24 am
@Dutchy,
ooo annis - u live so close to Izzie? never knew that! Very Happy my bad! geee then do check on her inbetween and see alls well!
BEAgle - i checked that ID - dint find anything - will search a bit more....
love to the crew in a hurry ths morning!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:12 am
@Dutchy,
Quote:
Losing a bit of your badonkadonk won't do you any harm darling.

Don't I know it. Wink

Hi Verbs...hope you had a good day!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:22 am
Sweet Missy, bless you for forgiving us our trespasses: as we forgive those who trespass against us: and leading us into temptation –

This morning I saw the light in the distance and the more I prayed for salvation the brighter it glowed and filled my heart with hope; I sought baptism as I raised my hand in praise and then it suddenly hit me and I was drenched and returned to darkness…

The moral of this tail is: Do not sleep on the sidewalk adjunct to Main Street and adjacent to a large puddle and expect a lift home!

However, the injuries will soon heal and your hand of friendship is in stark contrast to others I could name…

FQ Sis went on vacation (Hope you had a great time)
Izzie and Tulip went to a retreat. (Ditto)
Tai Chi relocated to the boondocks.
Osso set her doggies on me.
Roberta put more locks on her door.
Stormy supports the Rubicund Sox.
Verby is way too smart.
Beth lives in a foreign country.
Sheila is convinced I’m a jolly swagman.
Jennifer Aniston won’t return my calls.
Lady Gaga called me: http://youtu.be/wagn8Wrmzuc
And Elin Nordegren says I must stop playing a round!

So I ask you; who will take pity on this poor sinner and answer me this:
The sum of two consecutive integers is 15. What are the numbers?

Out of the kindness of my heart I’ve given you two pieces of information here. First, you know that you are adding two numbers, and their sum is fifteen.

Second, you know that the numbers are nice neat round numbers (like –3 or 6), not messy ones (like –4.628 or 17/32), and that the second number is one more than the first.

This last piece of information comes from the fact that "consecutive integers" (or "consecutive whole numbers", if they're restricting the possibilities to only positive numbers) are one unit apart. Examples of "consecutive integers" would be –12 and –11, 1 and 2, and 99 and 100.
Using these facts, can you set up the translation?

G’day Dutchy mate; may your coldies never thaw in the Esky!

In conclusion; if there is any kind soul out there who could love a hideous gargoyle, please register your curiosity at A2K Headquarters…

And I will pass on your message to <DELETED> by Moderation.

mismi

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:26 am
@Tryagain,
Lerd Try...I read it and all I can come up with is "WTH".

I enjoy you immensley.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:43 am
12th Night, or the last day of Christmas, and time to take the decorations down, although some wait until tomorrow. As I was driving along today, the wind was blowing a gale, and ripped a huge mistletoe bough from a tree, sending it crashing to the road. Three weeks ago it would have been worth well over £50 down the market. Today it's worth zilch.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:43 am
@mismi,
Thank you Missy, but I will not countenance blaspheming , cursing or cussin’ where it may be seen by young chitlins.

May your inspiration come from within.
mismi

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:49 am
@Tryagain,
Ah - it does. And of course I was just joking with you. You know that. My boys say what the hell all the time (kidding - "what the heck" ). Be ye angry and sin not - and all that good stuff. Words become a sin when their intent is from a heart that wants what is wrong. We all have to live by our conscience. I do live my mine. Smile Have a great day Tryagain.

Ah Izzy - I am doing the same thing. Love 12 days of Christmas! I have truly enjoyed it this season! Have a wonderful day!

0 Replies

annis

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 01:08 pm
Well gail been blowing here too! But we are warm! Try you make me laugh!

Mismi, all is ok here. Hopw you keeping warm!

Dutchy, of course gals must be listened to! HA!

Verbivore, we do live a little way off but in emergencies we are there!

Well will be glad to see Friday night and then relax! so need the weekend! Fboy has promised to cook tea Saturday! He enjoyed cooking with sboy while we were away and wants to continue! Fboy has his first Biology exam next week! Am nervous for him! He is hitting high grades so far! Just hope it continues.

Well I'd best go dish up our qiuck tea!

hugs to all X
Izzie

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 03:20 pm
@annis,
Hello Crew

Wellllllllllllll…. The weather has been absolutely awful and I’m glad I don’t have to go out tomorrow – it does seem to have a calmed a little now tonight, so… hopefully no more power cuts. Feeling dreadfully sorry for those in Scotland who have not had power for 4 days now.

So I’m gonna whinge now – I’m sick sick sick… and I don’t like it – my ears hurt, my throat is sooooo sore and ma dose dis blocked… I’m cold, have horrible chills, my head hurts and I feel very, very whiney as I croak! OK, so now I’ve had a whinge – I shall try not to do so again Razz Mr. Green

Tulip and I had quite an adventure coming back from New Year…

Here is the road (river) we drove through twice… (how many times did we turn around trying to find a road that was open Question !!!!)…

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_zUPZ8Ua20Q/TwXyqEeABFI/AAAAAAAATOU/7HEWppE8azs/s640/DSC08396.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0dqwA-WSyXE/TwXyxI2WXOI/AAAAAAAATOY/ArSXdtrm_DM/s640/DSC08398.JPG

and this is the little river that had burst it’s banks after we turned around…

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9dYIUAjSNio/TwXyjdxMSQI/AAAAAAAATOQ/PCJDzN7VOWc/s640/DSC08394.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KkyOEwXOYQ4/TwXyeRZC6-I/AAAAAAAATOM/Cj4krpdOQvA/s640/DSC08391.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-UmCFLVyRD_0/TwXyZGu3bVI/AAAAAAAATOI/qzbSJE_a3ts/s640/DSC08389.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-k4Q5Y_EBxbE/TwXyLQyZa5I/AAAAAAAATOE/eEZr7w3r-a0/s640/DSC08388.JPG

and this was the bridge we decided not to risk… the landrover and truck went through without problem but with my car being so low to the ground and, having already experienced a car dying in the middle of a flooded river a few years back, we decided it wasnee worth the risk with the little folk in the car - so we turned around again and our convoy finally got home.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cPkUC-Yp_lU/TwXx94QnVjI/AAAAAAAATOA/J20bZqh0WcA/s640/DSC08387.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-D7cq84EmeFE/TwXx24ZnUlI/AAAAAAAATN8/ZF7AX4lUiYo/s640/DSC08383.JPG

We haven’t seen so much water for a long time! The night before we thought the roof was going to come off the cottage as the storm was raging where we were staying… I don’t think any of us slept at all that night.

So, glad to be back home in the warm… now to get well! <passes Lemsip>

Christmas tree is still up but I’ll be putting everything away tomorrow, if I'm able2, and move the chair back into the lounge. Gonna take it easy over the weekend.

(oh man, I feel crahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhp - this too shall pass!)

(dayum, I wasn't supposed to whinge again!)

So lovely to see the crew aboard and so happy that all appears well in the world. BEAgle – please send us some sunshine – we are sooooooooo in need!

<liberally sprays lysol…….. > Happy New Year to y'all ((((((Tulip, Margo, Boida, Letty, JPB, jw&Annie, Didge, TC, HarbourMaster, MaMaVerby, IzzY, RH, Taggers, Babbling, Bethie, BEAgle, Missy, Blue-xox The numbers are 7 and 8 Razz Wink )))))))))) xxxxxxxxxxxx

Izzie

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 03:21 pm
@annis,
annis wrote:

we do live a little way off but in emergencies we are there!

always

x
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 03:44 pm
@Izzie,
oh my.

have you begun constructing the ark yet?
Izzie

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 03:56 pm
@Rockhead,
well, ya know... I thought Boida might lend me hers... ya know, iffn she wasn't using the one that A2K built, and iffn the goil can do ship to shore across the poind ! Razz

Friends, Crew, NooYawkers, lend me your ark

(please and thank you) Very Happy
mismi

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 04:07 pm
@Izzie,
Good grief that's a lot of rain. I hope you feel better soon. Do hunker down and stay warm and dry. I wish I could bring you some chicken soup! ((Izzie))
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 04:50 pm
@Izzie,
omygoodnessthatissomewater!

here is to a happy drier New Year!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 04:54 pm
@Izzie,
Oh Izzie so pleased you and Tulip survived all that water, just frightening. The photos tell a thousand words. Get under those warm blankets and shed all your aches and pains and be a new girl in the morning. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 05:01 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie querida, Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Sick sucks.

My ark remains unfinished. I got a lot of advice but not much help. However, that's a helluva lot of rain. I suggest your getting a boat. When you talk about arks, people show up and start telling you about gopher wood, cubits, and pitch. Nothing gets done.

Keep dry and get well, kid.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 05:15 pm
@Izzie,
Bravo, y'all.
Sending you some paddles, girl.

Not to make light of this - and you were trapped before.

I'm interested in the grading/drainage if any around the roads... (well, I would be).

Back in north north, as I called it, we had an area of road through the mountains and forests of very northern california that the land tended to slip off, both from the cliff above, and the cliff below, good old highway 101. It was somewhere around Confusion Hill, not that I remember exactly. There have been plans to fix this; somehow doubt it is in the works. This is the main access artery.

On occasion, an occasion I passed through, there was a small forest fire put out just before I got there, but that wasn't in the same place.

Also had a humongous tree crash across 101 about three cars before me.

Hang in there.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:10 pm
@Izzie,
Oh my! I do hope you're on high ground, Iz!

Sounds like you need a nice fire and a cup of hot tea with honey and lemon. If I were there, I'd fix it for you.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:13 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
...When you talk about arks, people show up and start telling you about gopher wood, cubits, and pitch. Nothing gets done....

Not to mention that animals start showing up on your doorstep in pairs. Who could get anything done while taking care of all those animals? There are days when my one dog and one cat prevent me from getting anything done.
Izzie

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 09:43 am
@Eva,
Hello ((((Crew))))

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uAn1mO6QKBM/TX6a3silFLI/AAAAAAAAA-o/-0pQXwB19-E/s1600/sick%2Bgirl%2Bbed.png

be back laterz when my head hurts a little less. My throat feels like I've been gargling gravel - oooooooooooooooouch Arrow

I iz gwumpy having nuisance sick Shocked waaaaah wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh

<sucks a strepsil <yeuch>, trundles off to find more Lemsip, hangs head in shame for whinging Embarrassed >

germ free hugs sent around the woild Razz

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 09/26/2024 at 10:18:19