Back gull bent like an iron bar slowly. The house

Rang like some fine green goblet in the note
That any second would shatter it. Now deep
In chairs, in front of the great fire, we grip
Our hearts and cannot entertain book, thought,

Or each other. We watch the fire blazing,
And feel the roots of the house move, but sit on,
Seeing the window tremble to come in,
Hearing the stones cry out under the horizons.

Ted Hughes

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 06:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks, haven't read him.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 06:23 pm
@izzythepush,
I can't say I rate that izzy. It's a bit far fetched imo.

"They **** you up your Mum and Dad,
They may not mean to but they do.
They give you all the things that they had
And some extras just for you."

That's my idea of class.
verbivore

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 12:41 am
@spendius,
whoaaaa wats happening here!!!
Try - u must be tried for "pervertedness" or rather twisting everyones mind here Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy all seem to be on a roll here!!!
mismi - dnt u dare give ideas to the bosun Razz dint try warn u hes dangerous? Wink
Izza - running nose here - so am grabbing a cuppa here too! cheers!!! Very Happy
and one interesting story to share -
what was considered as a ritual here infront of the Lord Ganesha - (knowledge god) (dnt remember if Bazza witnessed it! there was tooo lill time Bazza - i shudve taken u to a temple too smewhere!) is now explored as the brain yoga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwhpF9iJSs
missy try it out for the kids Wink no harm anyways! what if it does work Wink
Dutchy

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:18 am
@verbivore,
verbivore you disappoint me, I was waiting for some action and now you're trying to prevent me from having some fun. Evil or Very Mad I will line you up for something, just you wait, the Bosun has a few tricks up his sleeve. Laughing

Izzie next you speak to the pearl of the East will you put her right about the Bosun? Have you heard from S-boy how he is getting on? A few more days of work and you'll have a well deserved break, try to make the most of it.

You're having the rain and things are pretty cool here for December, just on 22 degrees today but sunny. Oh, oh, when are you going for that balloon ride, I'm so excited for you, was that Tullip's surprise for Christmas?

Cheers from downunder.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:28 am
@spendius,
Well everyone has different tastes, that Ted Hughes poem summed up how it felt when I went to bed last night. I think there's some wonderful imagery in it, I always found Larkin a bit pedestrian.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 03:46 am

In our kitchen in the morning, when I put the kettle on, I can't hear the radio. It must be the loudest kettle in the world.

What a particularly knotty dilemma to be on the horns of! John Humphries, and defer the first cuppa? Slake the inner man, and risk missing some fresh gobbet of gruesomeness?

Comparison with Scylla and Charybdis doesn't quite cover it.
spendius

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 04:01 am
@McTag,
It's no contest Mac. The brew has priority. Finding out the Grauniad has prematurely ejaculated is not something you're going to miss.

Can't you get a grant or counselling.

If Ted Hughes felt like that sat in front of the fire imagine what the footballers felt like at Stamford Bridge. Maybe he hadn't renewed his house insurance.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 12:08 pm
Had rain, hail, snow! Rain again! Heating on full at moment! Trying to keep warm, will switch off soon cant afford to keep it on for too long! Am playing some good songs at the moment! humming away!
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 01:40 pm
@annis,
Evening All!

Maaaaaaaaaaan, it's been a bit wild and windy in the South West!!! Shocked Tulip - yep, we briefly turned white at school with the hail - the lighting was amazing over the moors - massive beautiful nature. Roads were bit on the wet side... I think we've still got a few flood alerts going on with the major rivers...

but guess what

S-BOY HAS SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. I just spoke with the Headmaster who said they arrived safely, the snow fell and they've all been skiing!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... how happy is that! Razz

so, I got home from school (we had Christmas Lunch today so all the kids were quite sparky) and went straight into hibernation and zzzzzzzzzz'd. Not long been awake - dayum, there's another day gone <tooo tooooo fast> - before I know it, it'll be Spring... love the Springtime, times of new beginnings.

Builder's coming tomorrow to do the floors. Ah, Osso, no no, none of them are 'charmers' - they're all verra nice, down-to-earth good honest hard working chaps and doing long hours to get the bread on the table. I must admit - I've been real lucky so far with anyone who's worked on this house - and the wee chap who contracted this job is a good, good person and I know he won't let me down even if it takes a while, he will get it sorted - it just isn't in his nature to do the wrong thing. So all is happy there. The conservatory looks brill - I'm just hoping they are able to get all the dust and crahp off the floor before they start waxing - I know they've had enough of this job already because it's been a nightmare for them with so many parts missing - the guttering arrived yesterday so they'll be able to sort that too and they're gonna come up with a plan for the doors.

Anyhoooooo... I havta go and get something to eat - methinks tomato soup tonight!

TULIP - stay warm girl - lotsa extra layers! Don't worry about the bills - we'll sort them out together. ((((Tulip)))) x

((((BEAgle)))) - yep, a hot air balloon flight - how utterly amazing will that be. I can do it anytime within the next year - Tulip and the kids gifted me it for my Birthday and Christmas... can't thank her enough - it's gonna be THE BEST!

waves to all the crew http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3651/3434424707_c7bc33c402.jpg

laterz
x
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 01:45 pm
@annis,
Morning annis, you've got to keep warm in that cold weather, maybe the Bosun should ask you for a dance to keep the blood moving. Smile

Where is Izzie tonight, having a little snooze? Wake up Captain the crew needs you. Looking forf Miss sunshine too, Christmas taking up all your time?

Ahoy, back to the Crow's Nest.

Ah, Izzie we cross posted again. Laughing
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 01:51 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Where is Izzie tonight, having a little snooze?

I was too... but it turned into a big long snooze! Razz

Dutchy wrote:

Ah, Izzie we cross posted again. Laughing

heh heh!

love it when we're all aboard at the same time! I need to go eat my souuuuuup tho so I shall be bavk in a little bit! (((((((((D)))))))))))xx
Dutchy

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:14 pm
@Izzie,
Enjoy your soup Izzie, I'm making myself an Earl Grey. So pleased to hear S-boy has snow. (((Izzie)))
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 02:21 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

I'm making myself Earl Grey.

I'll join you... kettle's on!

<Taggers - our kettles are related - mine's a loudun too, mind you, they wear out quick in this house Wink >
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 05:32 pm
@verbivore,
I saw your post on FB Verbs. I have been doing the brain Yoga. I haven't noticed a difference yet. Hopefully I will - before long - notice that I am actually quite amazingly smart and able to remember everything.

I ain't there yet. Wink
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 05:33 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Hell; it is a Sunday! Did u knot no Missy is a God feerin’ woman? Well I joined The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of these here Southern United States in the hope of catching a glimpse of the lovely lady. However, I had to leave when the preacher said it was a sin covet your neighbor's ass.

So tell me how close do you got to be to be classed as a neighbor? Get up to date people; the bible pre dates metric distance! Anyhoo, I know she has a sweet pair of puppies but I ain’t never seen her ass.

Very large puppies Try...to match my very large ass. Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 05:37 pm
@Dutchy,
Quote:
Where is Izzie tonight, having a little snooze? Wake up Captain the crew needs you. Looking forf Miss sunshine too, Christmas taking up all your time?

My Mom and Dad have been here. So I have been visiting and enjoying them. They left today. Makes me very sad. But we will go down to see them in a few weeks.

How are you Dear Dutchy? I am in a state of disbelief that Christmas is so close. I have SO MUCH to do.

Izzie - how are you today? Smile

Hugs to you all. I have to go fix dinner... (prepare dinner) Wink
misxox
Izzie

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 09:04 am
@mismi,
Hellooooooooooo

Dayum, I cant see this tiny phone screen. Shocked Ha, I vill be bavk...

Izzie

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:13 pm
@Izzie,
What a marvellous day it's been!

I shoulda slept thisavo but I'm way too excitable at the moment Razz Knackered, but buzzing.

Work was busy - one more day, then I IZ OFF for a couple weeks. http://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gifhttp://www.myastrospace.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gif

Oh my, Christmas Musical Ensemble at school tomorrow - oh oh oh, the kids singing are just unbelievable - ha, I cried... we all did, when we heard them practising. I'm gonna try and video it with my big camera (from behind) but I'm not sure how to convert the video - it really is amaaaaaaazing tho! (little fella has the other camera which converts automatically). Anyhoo... I got home and the lads were here and all has been done.... hmmm... not quite as I imagined the floor to be ... not perfect by any means - but I reckon it's good enough. I can't tread on it for a week (well, can't let the dawgs and cats on it) Shocked but... it looks alright, better than it did before anyhoo and it may dry out to look a little different. Prolly needs another waxing - maybe I'll do that in the New Year. Guttering is all done, plasterwork has been filled <ahem> not too brilliantly - but again, I'm OK with that. Just needs to be painted now and ... done. (doors will be sorted next year).

Poor lad, Tal, he was sooooooooooooo poorly today - really, really poorly and spent most of the day outside in the snow and hail... so I forced some throat lozenges down him and got them to leave as early as poss and am hoping he will get better soon - so poorly, and it was nasty cold out there today.

The moors tho, they looked amazing - I just love the winter light - the peaks were whitish and the sun and clouds made it more stunning than usual. GORGEOUS it was.

Little fella will be home Saturday night and we'll get the decorations out of the loft on Monday (he's seeing his Dad on Sunday) and we'll go and get a tree too.

So all is good and life is ... ahhhhhhhhh... happy happy. I'm so fortunate, I have to pinch myself at times to see if I'll wake up.

OK - must go eat something and put 't kettle on.

(((((Crew)))))x
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 01:50 pm
@Izzie,
Did anyone else see this? This is genuine, the BBC broadcast a farting noise over a clip about the Queen.
http://able2know.org/topic/181616-1#post-4824386

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.66 seconds on 09/27/2024 at 09:13:55