"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

annis

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 12:02 pm
oh it took me an age to get on here again~! Changing passwords and wouldn't go right I had a bit of a panic attack! I know I don't come on as often as I should but I had to do it 3 times! I thought well that's it! I know I don't post but just reading what people do keeps me going! Have had a very bad week mentally not sure why! Christmas on our own without going anywhere! Lack of money! Lack of .... Oh well I could go on but am trying to keep positive! It is a real struggle at the moment~!

But hey Izzie I am trying to keep going! positive vibes~! Actually can not wait til your birthday! Am hoping and thinking you will love your present~!

Am waiting for S girl to come home! A quick meal and then she is off babysitting next door!

One good thing has happened! Have made contact with my nephew! who is older than me! yep my Dad was married before, my Father died in 1997 from a brain tumour and his grandson contacted my sister and me on facebook! He wanted to know us! He met my sis for the first time today!

My Mum went to see my Brother to give him his Xmas gifts and he was in a very good mood which is great - he is deaf and aspergers!

Oh life is full of surprises!

Hugs to all X
mismi

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 06:10 pm
@Dutchy,
Like anyone thought you would refuse....

Wink

Happy weekend folkses.
Loving that I am off for two days.

Hugs and kisses.
mismi

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 06:13 pm
@annis,
Hey there Tulip! So good to see you!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 06:25 pm
@mismi,
Morning miss sunshine, I knew I could count on you, have a great weekend my friend. (((mismi)))
Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 07:39 am
@Dutchy,
Goooooooooooooooooooooood Morning, Avo, Evenin' Very Happy

The sun is beaming, it's verrrrrrrrrrrrra cold... and the little fella is doing this right now

ahhhhhhhh, bless him, the holiday of a lifetime that he will always remember... when I was 14, I was picked to go on a school trip and my pals and I were on the SSUganda cruising around the med - we saw Venice, Santorini, Turkey, Yugoslavia (as it was then - Dubrovnik), Athens, Cyprus, Egypt (Tutnk & Pyramids)... man, I can still remember it all... they played the above song on the day we left - happy memories.

anyhoo - he'll be landing in Toblerone country shortly and then off to the ski-resort. His Masters and I have been doing email snow dances all week... so fingers crossed they get some of the white stuff. He's taken my little camera (Shocked) and if it manages to get back in one piece then hopefully we'll have some shots to show y'all. So excited for him ...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XCYR3ztFVvk/TuNY_Gb_UQI/AAAAAAAATJ4/pHNbGZb0yEE/s640/DSC05999.jpg?gl=GB

anyhoooooooooo… I was this last night…

http://www.campusgifts.co.uk/acatalog/ShoesChocs-book-lg.jpg

Was out with the School crew – meal, silly SILLY games (I’m so slow – Black Magic, crossing legs, nose credit cards - huh - how'd they do that ) Confused – we laughed a lot and it was good to go out.

TULIP – Michelle turned up at the Fox – haven’t seen her for a while – I said that we (you and me) are gonna get together with her next year and go and do… OK… OK!!!!!? Arrow

Coming back across the moors – gosh, the moon was unbelievable last night – it lit the whole moors – more stunning than imaginable – incredible… it was beckoning…

Today – am totally wrecked and not gonna do a thing Razz … I know, I know, I ought be going and sorting Christmas out but, I really can’t today – am that tired I think I could sleep for a week – it was such a massive busy week. Pyjama day today and methinks I am gonna go have a zzzzzzzzz shortly!

Heh heh – I see there’s been a lotta chittering going on – love this ((((((crew)))))) and hearing y’all talk – wish I could respond to each and every post - but do know, Yam thinking of y’all. Now Margo, as for the sellotape – BIG and BRAVE me put hand under log burner and retrieved sellotape Very Happy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418%2BkwA96KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bosun ((BEAgle))– set the sails … I fancy me some celestial navigation … hmmm…. I think the med sounds good again!!!!!!!!!!

(((((Missy (did you finish work???), MaMaVerby, Margo, Boida, IzzY, BEAgle, Taggers, jw and our BlueBoyxox x))))

Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz crew

x

oooh Taggers - Cole Porter - I'll bet the medley was brill

here's an Ella with a Cole

do dooooodoodo do dodoooo dododooo do do doo

mismi

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 08:16 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
(((((Missy (did you finish work???),

Funny thing there. They asked me to stay on until I could train the new person coming in. The sad thing is, I know more about the claims paying system in the short time I have been there than most of the Provider Relations department. They need me. I do NOT need them. I love the folks though. Sweet people I will miss (most of them anyway).

My day on Friday was nuts. I walked into work yesterday morning to find my office was no longer mine. My co-worker (who I try my hardest to love well) boxed up all of my files and things and took over my office without asking me. I suppose that since I turned in my notice she thought she was welcome to it. I was shocked...and a bit hurt - okay really hurt. Apparently the news traveled by grapevine to the VP and my coworker got reprimanded. I am ashamed to say it pleased me. I didn't want her to get in trouble....but dang - she is one of the reasons I just can't stay there.

This is actually a nice way to leave a place. I am staying for a bit longer...at least until they find someone or my other job possibility comes through. It's nice to feel appreciated. So sad that it always seems to happen when it's too late to change the course of things.

Enjoy your day Izzie ((Izzie)). I love pajama days. Not going to have one today though. I have to go to the Mall. yuck. Hate the mall - passionately.

You never disappoint Dutchy! Smile ((Dutchy))

Hugs to you all!
Izzie

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 06:11 am
@mismi,
Good Morrow Very Happy

ah Mis, oooooooooh, no, that wasn't very nice of her to turf you (darn right rude, if y'ask me) and I can understand why you're a miffed, to say the least.

However, now that your co-worker has hastily ensconced hesself in your office, you can let the responsibilities of that job float away on the breeze (she'll own them now, you no longer have to feel that weight on your shoulders)- do what you can to train up the new worker, and not worry about what was. You don't need that, and the future will be a brighter place as something will come along that'll make your heart sing (hopefully lots of kids who wish for music lessons - I am channelling that for you right now). Hope the 'mall' wasn't too manic yesterday and you got done what you needed to. I know you'll all have a wonderful family Christmas together and set the New Year off to a great start. love you so verra much (((((((((((Missy)))))))))) x

Well, whoda believed I would finally sleep... for the last 2 nights - 10 hours... no really, 10 HOURS Goodness me - peace has finally found me, I'm at one, and I'm loving it! (ok, so I still have to take my potion, but 'eh - how good is that - I iz been zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

I'm sitting looking at my conservatory that I don't believe will ever be finished - and chuckling - all I can think is "ah well, nevermind" - it's so lovely to be encapsulated with green and blue, even when unfinished. I do have to go and get varnish tomorrow for the floors and cills so will have to take a trip to the stores - so my plan today (yes yes, I don't do plans Wink ) is to try and locate the gifts I've been hiding (as if S-boy doesn't know where they are in a house the size of a pumpkin) and get them wrapped and relocated to the Lion, Witch, Wardrobe. His holiday is his gift this year (little fella is presently on the 'piste' - yayayayayayyayayyayyayyayay - I bet he's so loving that let it snow, let it snow, let it snow lallalllala) , and tho he wishes for but would never ask for one of them ipad thingys, he's gonna have to wait for his birthday - man, he'll be 15 in May... 15... where.did.the.years.go!?!?!?!?!?!?! We were never trend setters (not that I even know how those things work or even how my phone works) so waiting and working for things is a life lesson! Best gift of all to the younguns.

So, I'm uppem and attem and off to find the cobwebby selotape and see if I can find the end on it (big knife, sharp cut and who knows!) Razz

BEAgle - I just have to give you the biggest hug ((((((((BEAgle))))))))) - simply because today is the perfect day for hugging a Bosun.

(((lyBlue))) smooching you baby - love to you and yours x

Ima gone ...

now... where'd I put that selotape...?
Dutchy

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 06:32 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie so good to read you had a good sleep, I've been sending you heaps of vibes and it finally paid off. Thank you for the big hug, you're the second one tonight to knock me off my feet, a newby did the same on another thread, seems like all my Christmasses are coming at once. Laughing Must compliment you on S-boy's skiing outfit, he certainly looks the part, I'm sure he'll be the star of the piste. A proud Mama eh.

Thank you for the comment mismi, as always you're spot on, but you've been dealing with the Bosun for a few years now and know him better than most. Wink Are you likely to have a White Christmas in your knack of the woods or do you live to far south? Hugs to you all.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 09:12 am
Howdy y’all, I was only a crooked mile from here so I thought I should just upped and mosey on over to offer some advice to our dear Izzie and kind Dutchy…..

Get a freekin’ room you two!

Hell; it is a Sunday! Did u knot no Missy is a God feerin’ woman? Well I joined The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of these here Southern United States in the hope of catching a glimpse of the lovely lady. However, I had to leave when the preacher said it was a sin covet your neighbor's ass.

So tell me how close do you got to be to be classed as a neighbor? Get up to date people; the bible pre dates metric distance! Anyhoo, I know she has a sweet pair of puppies but I ain’t never seen her ass.

Shoot ; I plum forgot to add: The Potemkin Steps are a reminder of the legendary tale of a battle that took place between the loyal armed forces of the Czar and the oppressed. Remember Vakulinchuk was to be fatally wounded, but his end served as a symbol on the steps of Odessa for those who would lose their lives in the revolution and in the struggle for justice everywhere. The South will rise again from the clutches of the Democrat tsarist regime.

Hi Tulip, I sense you are going thru a tough time right now, but as we both believe in an earth bound spirituality you must believe in yourself, all you have achieved and all you still wish for. You can make it happen! Remember, positive thinking, plus ritual and visualization = fulfilment.

Best wishes to S boy and the green slopes of the Alps. Still, it is good walking conditions.

Have a great week folks I’m off to Krakatoa, East of Java; any problems – call Dutchy! (But don't wake Izzie) x

McTag

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:38 pm
@Izzie,

Schools cruise on SS Uganda, eh

Wikipedia
Quote:
When made redundant on the East Africa route, Uganda was converted to an educational cruise ship at Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft at Hamburg. Her passenger capacity leapt from 300 to 1200 and tonnage increased to 16,607 tons. In her new role she sailed her maiden voyage on 27 February 1968 and delighted school children, their teachers, passengers and crew for 14 years cruising mainly Scandinavia and the Mediterranean, together with her company consort SS Nevasa until 1974 when Nevasa was withdrawn and scrapped - Uganda (known as the "UgTug" in the crew bar) ploughed on.

Just checking, I thought there was a connection....

I was at the launch of SS Nevasa in Glasgow in the 1950s. A colleague of my aunt had connections at Barclay Curle, the shipbuilders, and knew I was interested in ships and shipping, hence the invitation. Very impressive and memorable to a young lad.
We also had a tour of the ship after she was fitted out, and just before she went into service. Lots of kids went on trips arranged by the educational service after that.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 03:48 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Have a great week folks I’m off to Krakatoa, East of Java

Check your travel plans. As the map shows, Krakatoa is actually West of Java. The film makers thought East of Java sounded better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sunda_strait_map_v3.png
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 04:02 pm
@McTag,
Evening Crew Very Happy

Dutchy wrote:

A proud Mama eh.

fer sure ((((((BEAgle))))))! Razz

Tryagain wrote:

Best wishes to S boy and the green slopes of the Alps. Still, it is good walking conditions.

Ha! Blue - aha, I'm doing a snow dance right now... I need the crew to channel some snow onto them thar slopes - my little boy wishes to SKI!

(((((lyBlue)))))))x

McTag wrote:

Schools cruise on SS Uganda, eh

Wikipedia
Quote:
When made redundant on the East Africa route, Uganda was converted to an educational cruise ship at Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft at Hamburg. Her passenger capacity leapt from 300 to 1200 and tonnage increased to 16,607 tons. In her new role she sailed her maiden voyage on 27 February 1968 and delighted school children, their teachers, passengers and crew for 14 years cruising mainly Scandinavia and the Mediterranean, together with her company consort SS Nevasa until 1974 when Nevasa was withdrawn and scrapped - Uganda (known as the "UgTug" in the crew bar) ploughed on.

Just checking, I thought there was a connection....

I was at the launch of SS Nevasa in Glasgow in the 1950s. A colleague of my aunt had connections at Barclay Curle, the shipbuilders, and knew I was interested in ships and shipping, hence the invitation. Very impressive and memorable to a young lad.
We also had a tour of the ship after she was fitted out, and just before she went into service. Lots of kids went on trips arranged by the educational service after that.

How cool is that, Taggers! I was on The UgTug and you were on The Nevasa!

Who knew we'd end up cyber cruising around the world on this Liner! Shocked It was a fantastic voyage I went on as a kid - funny how memories appear in my head - I remember a swarm of jellyfish (whaddya call lots of jellyfish the, swarm/bloom??? ). We'd been swimming and suddenly all these jellyfish were all around us, so we beat a hasty retreat back onto the beach, to then turn a horribly shade of lobster red Embarrassed whilst sunbaking at Aphrodite's Rock in Cyprus. I have the photos upstairs somewhere - incredibly embarrassing, but gosh, memories.

Okeydokey - I'm on a Snow Patrol Mr. Green

y'all take care

x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 09:28 am
Evening All Very Happy

Oh my, whatta day it’s been! The electricians turned up at 9.30am… my oh my, did they get a scare when I opened the door bleary eyed and no make-up. Ha! That’ll learn ‘em.

Anyhoo – since then it’s been dust dust DUST everywhere (chomps jaw) and they’ve only just left – yuk – they had an awfully big drill bit Shocked which went through the side of the house and had to chase the wall for new sockets and anyhoo – there is pink dust right the way through! Had to go out and get varnish for the floors as the builders are meant to be coming on Wednesday – which I couldn’t decide what to get and spent nearly an hour ummmming and ahhhhhhing… and then decided I didn’t like any of the colours of the varnish – so got wood dye (Jacobean Oak) and clear varnish. Now, I know the builders simply aren’t going to do both dye and varnish, because they only want to do one job (they don't even want to be doing that and are still annoyed about the doors - who knows when that will be rectified) – so it’ll probably be me on my hands and knees varnishing – tho, if I get the choice, I’ll dye wood any day – dislike varnishing intensely – but it has to be done smartish as the dawgs and cats can’t go in the conservatory whilst the boards and cills are nekkid.

I’m waiting on the chap who I got the conservatory from to turn up (he hasn’t phoned me back but he is supposed to be coming today) – but did get my brother’s birthday pressie sorted and now must go and try and tidy up the mess …

Oh, what it is to be a domestic goddess – so.not.me!

However, I did get really talking (ya know, as ya do) to one of the leccy’s and they’ve just had a baby girl (4 weeks old)– so I looked at all the photos on his phone (too, too cute) and then offered to go do a shoot for them if they wanted one. He was such a proud PaPa – that was lovely to see. Such a jolly chap and most helpful - bless him.

OK – off to find a duster (wet tea towel will do the job) and try and get some of this pink dust away which is clouding the house. It’s chucking it down outside so I can’t leave all the doors open – but at least it should settle quickly being that it’s so damp.

I’ll be bavk Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 12:00 pm
OK, so my wee man came along and... I just can't be annoyed about anything because I'm so verra blessed... it will all be sorted eventually and big change of plan - he's now going to arrange for all the woodwork to be waxed. He's gonna hopefully get the wax tomorrow to give to the builders and we'll take it from there. There's a big clean up job that needs to be done - but he's going to send the plasterer back and also arrange for a painter to do all the walls for me.

Ha! We spent about 15 mins talking about the conservatory and choosing wax ... and then about an hour talking about the rest of the world and things. He's a lovely chap - genuine salt of the earth... and I know he will get it all done even tho it may take a while.

So that's all happy.

I just went and turned the PIR on which lights up the whole garden now - and it looks fab shining through my blue roof creating shadows and the rain on the roof is amazing. Love it. Leccies did a great job and were so nice with it. They even fixed the big hole in my fridge - nothing that a bit of electrical tape can't solve Wink

All in all - a grand day, if a little chaotic and tiring.

My blood-bro is 48 tomorrow - he's a little miserable at the moment so I got him a burgundy red sweatshirt to cheer him up and a bottle of vino de collapso.

And I got a special Christmas decoration for the tree... as yet I don't have a tree - but when the little fella comes back we'll go get one and it will take pride of place.

OK, so back to dusting for a bit - they had to chase one of the lounge walls and I can see the dust everrawhere.

Hoping all the crew are good and our USers are surviving the chilly weather Stateside.

x
annis

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 12:33 pm
ooh tis a real gale thing going on! Have had to venture in garden in the dark! Shed door kept blowing open have now wired it shut! Got garden chairs in garage! Can hear things banging and clanking in garden! Gave up after be soaked throughhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euci0_BBmNE!

Try! Thank you for your kind words! Yep having been feeling things getting to me! Money, Stress, life! Argh but am tryin to be positive and keep things in check!

Am so glad Izzie loves her prezzie from us : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euci0_BBmNE

Go Izzie !

Hugs to all!
Izzie

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 12:53 pm
@annis,
TULIP - can I tell the crew what you gifted me????????????????

<I'm so lucky, verra verra verra excited> Razz

OK OK, so I'm not supposed to know for another 11 days - but we're rubbish and we got a little overexcited and F-boy said Tulip could tell me

so, let's try this...

How lucky am I a?

see... I know how lucky I am - and from a height I will be able to photograph all of Dartmoor...

woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now, I just havta make sure I choose the right date Wink

heh heh

ya know, couldnee go when it's raining and misty Razz

OHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.... the storm is raging here and I'm not sure the chairs and table will be there tomorrow - it's getting worse by the end of the week too... gonna be a humdinger on Thurs/Fri

River is rising and it's verra loud out there

Mind you - Scotland got hit seriously badly last week and are still trying to put their villages back together.

OK, gonna try and venture outside and put the chairs against the hedge... do.not.want.one.landing.on.the.roof.

<clicks heels, disappears off into the garden... there's no place like home>

<OK, not quite that bad, but man, it's a hooley storm!!!!!!!!!>
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 04:58 pm
So I dressed up and looked like the Michelin Man... and man oh man, it's a rager out there.

It has calmed a little and I couldn't close one chair coz it's so rusted (my bad Embarrassed ) but the others are now flat (not secured) but flat ... the river is MASSIVE and loud... took a wander down the garden and some of the steps are under water already - and the worst is yet to come. Shocked

Can't see any chance of it flooding up as high as the house - but I think the paddock opposite may flood a little. My little roads may be a bit dodgy to drive on tomorrow... but I like a bit of an adventure and I'll take my camera Wink

OK, to bed shortly - 3 more days at work... and then done for a couple weeks...just got to get through the next 3 days, busy busy busy... did I say we're being audited in January... oh boy oh boy... ah well, we're cool, do what we can and hope for the best result. The auditer has done our audits before - lovely name - Alexis - and she's verra nice. Just a case of getting all the i's dotted and t's crossed...and make her plenty of teas and bring in choccie biccies Mr. Green

Nighty night crew - wishing y'all a good day.

Verra pleased that Boida's news is hopefully going to alright once the docs check back with her.... strong beating hearts, makes the world go around.

Take care y'all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 05:10 pm
@Izzie,
Dust matters. Waxing or varnishing dust is a poor idea, far as I know. Letting it get out of there is, to me, a good idea in general.

What is a leccie?
You brits throw out new words to me all the time!

Izzie

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 05:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Hello Osso love

They've strict instructions to get all the dust etc cleared before waxing. It's actually a diamond wax so should be scratch resistant (dawgs) and I can rewax as necessary. Will be sanded dry boards and the wax is an darker wax... if it doesn't look right, I can change it, but if i varnish immediately, that would require a sanding machine again.

I like the idea of wax... will see how they get on, and worst case scenario - if I don't like it, I can always change it ( please no ) Razz

Thank you Jo - I know you know these things... I shall ensure that all is completely cleaned and de-pinked before they do anything.

(((((((((((Osso))))))))))))) xxxxx

oh, leccie - electrician. They were such nice chaps - really helpful. x
ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 05:52 pm
@Izzie,
I had a debacle of my own. I don't know everything, y'know, even though I oft act like it.

I left for LA for two weeks and my business partner, who was besides a business partner, a contractor, had her then foreman sand and varnish my floors. I hope the new owners redid them - they were fabulous floors, really beyond great originally. I came home to a world of dust and tack. Her observation was free to me and she was busy.

She might or might not have been attracted to him, which I can understand, lithe, cool; on the other hand, he's the one who chased me around the house when I complained. The meth recoverer. But I fear that wasn't my gripe at the time he chased me, that episode was about the trees. I sucked up the floor thing and cleaned the house. I felt stupid for not putting out a plethora of plastic to protect stuff before I left. I was stupid given the circumstances, stupid in different ways.

On flirting with the charmer, enjoy, but watch it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 09/27/2024 at 11:27:58