"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

McTag

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 01:25 am
@Tryagain,

Quote:
I assumed the line to read:

‘Mad dogs and Englishmen don’t go out in the midday sun.’

In my whole life I believe I have never seen such a stupid, brainless, ill-informed, illogical, wrong-headed, counterintuitive, irrythmic and just plain daft mistake as that.
verbivore

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:29 am
@McTag,
as usual - tryagain - left me with the feeling that I should try read that again - shud i understand anything! Very Happy
Missy - trust me - Im happy for u!!!! glad for u!! U deserve this break and not the break that sort of office pressure they put u through - ive been there and done that! i know! ul knw later - it just wasnt worth it!!! something much better would come around! vibes ur way dear!
Tryagain

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:56 am
Dear Margo, every time I utter the immortal words, ‘HI Ho Silver, away!’ the bond we share in our abhorrence at the very mention of the name Johnny Wilkinson brings us closer. You really are the thinking man’s Shimla.

@Tryagain,
Quote:

I assumed the line to read:
‘Mad dogs and Englishmen don’t go out in the midday sun.’

In my whole life I believe I have never seen such a stupid, brainless, ill-informed, illogical, wrong-headed, counterintuitive, irrythmic and just plain daft mistake as that.”

Sirharr, Thank you most kindly for your support; I mistakenly thought that the fact that I failed to return in time to celebrate the feast day of Saint Andrew would count against me. To atone for my inadvertence I have removed the batteries from Big Mouth Billy Bass the animatronic singing largemouth bass. He will no more sing kitschy cover songs.

Verby, your words bring serenity and contemplation to the smallest room in my humble abode.

How many of you believe in telekinesis? …..Raise my hand!
verbivore

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:12 am
@Tryagain,
Smile But I should say this TRY...if there is one author - whose works ive got not one weee bit, but still enjoyyyy reading nevertheless - that is you! blueboy!
telekenesis - ive always been curious abt it - whos having it here is my dumb question Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:20 am
@Dutchy,
Morning Crew

(((BEAgle))) - ah, bless your M-son and his prawns - lobster on the BBQ for Crimbo a? You are gonna have the best Christmas ever! 'Tis a beautiful morning here too - chilly breeze out there and it can't seem to figure out whether to rain or shine - right now, I see blue skies...

talking of which...

BABBBBBY, Blue - here you are... it's so good to see you on the deck

http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/blue-long-johns1.jpg

for Christmas we shall get you some new threads...

http://static.frankdandy.com/client/frankdandy/dynamic/images/385_43e448dc95-full.jpg

and place them under here

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtQbo4VsctSRaZ-pyZeyL2trgBfVgBBcyQRq8nOg9LSEl8B5P_KgkjQwQRgA

we shall expect you to show us how it work's out

http://dailydancer.com//videos/2006/03/amadeus.jpg

(((((lyBlue)))) smooching you - hugs to you and yours xxx

SHEILA GIRL - I do hope you are enjoying your summer!!!! llallallalal Bring Me Sunshine... lalalallllllla Can you believe it's almost Christmas - I shall have to start playing my Aussie CD!!!!! YAY!

McTag wrote:

In my whole life I believe I have never seen such a stupid, brainless, ill-informed, illogical, wrong-headed, counterintuitive, irrythmic and just plain daft mistake as that.

ha... <reaches for incontinence pad>

apols Taggers - I iz chuckling!!!! Razz

now having been playing toons and piano a lot this weekend, I'm there...my fingertips can make music again.

Bflat D, D, Bflat, Bflat, D,D Bflat , Bflat, D Eflat, D C C C A A

just lovin' Shoirley - WHAT.A.VOICE!

listening to Aussie Jingle Bells right now

all together now Very Happy

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:25 am
@verbivore,
verbivore wrote:

as usual - tryagain - left me with the feeling that I should try read that again - shud i understand anything! Very Happy
Missy - trust me - Im happy for u!!!! glad for u!! U deserve this break and not the break that sort of office pressure they put u through - ive been there and done that! i know! ul knw later - it just wasnt worth it!!! something much better would come around! vibes ur way dear!

Ha! MaMAVerby - you've been talking away whilst I was singing along - oh... and Blue was back... and heck... I'ma just singing along during a fly-by. DANG!

(((((((MaMaVerby))))))) - you are such a sweet soul - I do hope the new job is better for you... tell us what's happening if you want to - are things still working out for the better with the new job? Smunch H-boy for me - hugs and love to y'all (((((Verby's))))xxx
mismi

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 08:18 pm
@Izzie,
Thank you Verbs and Try. Smile
I have moments of, "What was I thinking?" - but - I already have little jobs here and there that I will be doing between now and Christmas. Sitting with a friends grandmother between bext Wednesday and Christmas - 3 days a week. So not only will it help me out - but it makes her feel good that her grandmother has someone she knows sitting with her. Also I am cleaning houses. I have one already set up with the promise of a few more. So-I am content that we will have what we need to make it through for a short time anyway.

God-willing this new job will come to pass sometime in mid - January, if not sooner and we will be in better shape than we have since the Prof. lost his job a couple of years ago. That will be nice. Such a nice thing to be able to have a peace though - what I did was right - both for the company, and for myself.

Take care Yabber Crew. Hugs and Kisses
mis
Dutchy

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 08:50 pm
@mismi,
Hello mismi sunshine, good to know you found yourself some jobs to tidy you over Christmas, always an expensive time of the year. Glad to hear you will be in better shape however I don't know how to take that, you mean you don't take as much room up now? Laughing Wink Hugs to you as well but no kisses, the Prof. may object. Laughing
verbivore

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:28 am
@Dutchy,
aaahhh izzie i gotcha in ur good spirits...misssing u loads..i had taken ur no from baazzza long time ago! just cudnt figure out the codes and left it at that then.....and then after smetime recently..i thot of budging u...wen i felt u were in sme silent groove-
hectic schedule n the run....guess am grabbing breaks,..shud work...
Dads at my place now....nt tht ivee dne anything gr8 for his stay here...yet hes here for a while and th thought is soothing
verbivore

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:48 am
@verbivore,
missies....u were a role model - i aspired to b while bringing up Hboy..guess its unachievable....bt as i read ur indomitable spirit...handling wrk pressure and home affairs!!! i guess im awed again! i feel im just a toy in a moving train...sme supernatural powers place me in..i travel..oblivious to anything at all!!!
Dutchy

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 04:28 am
@verbivore,
Hi verbivore, you're by-passing the Beagle now? Sad All that girl talk I've heard before, is it because the calories won't come off? I will haunt you until you show me a photo that you're back to that svelte figure you had when we first met. Laughing How is your little man H, keeping you busy? Waves from down under.
verbivore

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 05:15 am
@Dutchy,
Ohh no!!! BEAgle! just as I gulped down a glass of almond frappe with chocolate sauce in it..i saw ths message! u sure i was svelte wen we first met Wink then i think it is a possible feat for me to reach there Wink
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 06:10 am
@verbivore,
verbivore wrote:

One thing that may help is this poem, Tryagain does reference it a lot. Then again it is brilliant, or it may just remind him of Last Exit To Brooklyn.

http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Lore/TheRaven.html
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 09:09 am
Hi Frank, thank you for deputizing for JW, for it is his prerogative to interpret the nuances of the inscription. I can’t help but feel that you are to literature what Tsar is to the movies. Your reference to; ‘Last Exit To Brooklyn’ denotes you as a veritable connoisseur of the written communication.

The gritty realism of life on the streets – kinda reminds me of the first time the missionaries came to my village and ended up burning my place to the ground! It was an accident they said; if that was true how come they used so much gasoline? Oh yes, them Feds were on a mission alright.

Anyhoo, it was good spitting the breeze widya. When I say ‘breeze’ I am of cause talking the lower end of the Beaufort scale – none of your 27 knots stuff.

Keep on truckin’ Verby. I have been asked to clarify the comment, ‘smallest room in the house’ this does not refer to the ‘dunny’ *which is situated at the far end of the back yard. I was referring to the indoor tennis court.

• Mr McT I realize that from your Scottish origins you may well understand the ‘dunny’ to be a room below ground level. I only labor the point as should you visit, I don’t want you to flush in the basement. Thank you.

Dear Missy, if you have any spare days you are most welcome to call on over for a light dusting session. If you bring some high heels I will supply the frilly maid’s outfit that such a position demands. Yes I know the outfit may be a little on the large size; but I just had to try it out first!

Deer Izzie; Doh! May your cup runneth over.

Struth; did you read about that bloke who was trapped in a snow drift in Alaska? I think that’s somewhere in Australia. Well - Man survives on frozen beer - trapped three days in Alaskan snowdrift .When his ruck plunged into a snowdrift and became trapped he could only run heater intermittently to conserve fuel and frozen Coors beer saved his life, but he lost 7kg.
It’s the Coors diet for me cobber!

As you may know the government is trying to cut back on the fat bloated bankers bonuses, therefore if any of y’all could spare me some cash; please donate to A2K. Thank you most kindly. x
izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 09:32 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

Hi Frank, thank you for deputizing for JW, for it is his prerogative to interpret the nuances of the inscription. I can’t help but feel that you are to literature what Tsar is to the movies. Your reference to; ‘Last Exit To Brooklyn’ denotes you as a veritable connoisseur of the written communication.

Thank you, I will take all of that as a compliment, and assume you were referencing Battleship Potemkin, which as I'm sure you're aware, was voted greatest film of all time, at the Brussels World's Fair in 1958.
wandeljw

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 09:56 am
@izzythepush,
I appreciate your help in interpreting Tryagain, izzy. At one time I had uncanny insight into whatever Tryagain was attempting to communicate. A successful brain surgery improved my cognitive skills but left me unable to decipher Tryagain's posts.
Izzie

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 02:40 pm
@wandeljw,
Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlings'

I need a stiff

drink!

OK - I'll stick with this

http://rlv.zcache.com.au/where_theres_tea_theres_hope_mug-p168512289048587730z70eb_152.jpg

Just like a bus, you wait and wait and then they all come along at once - the builders, the leccy, my MaMa, the neighbour and Tesco <oh no, shakes head> Shocked

Good golly Mz Molly!

MzMissy – ahhhhh… I’m glad you’ve got some things lined up – you just carry on being you girlie and things will turn out well… I am sure of it. I do hope y'all are feeling better now and those bugs have skidaddled. ((((love you much Missy))))

MaMaVerby – all is good here thankee… just a little chaotic - and I’m so, soooooooo tired (and not getting a zzzz in the avo), even tho I don’t seem to do an awful lot of much compared to the rest of the woild! You too sound in good sprits – I am so pleased your PaPa is with you – that’s just so good to read ((((I<E<H&PaPa)))). Makes my heart happy. x

Oh my – I just yawned (actually, about a dozen times), sneezed twice… and now both my eyes are twitching… blink, girl, blink – matchsticks – I need matchsticks

Anyhoo – BEAgle <strokes feathers> How ya doing Down Under? When are you leaving for PL? Heh – you’re big and brave Mister Schmooze – Missy and MaMaVerby would cook your goose… to say nothing of what Mrs.B would do – pluck.them.feathers.one.by.one. Love ya (((((DannyBoy))))))

IzWithA.Y – Heh heh, who knew our Blue took an exit with Brooklyn Wink Our Babbling left with a smile on her beautiful face, ya know, so I heard ‘an all! http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/100/c/2/whistling_smiley_by_Broni123.gif Brrrrr – mighty cold down yonder, but not quite as bad as up ‘t North! Hope you’re all recovered now.

JPB girl - where be thou? All good in Chitoon? I miss ya sistah! Love them girls from me and hugs to the Mr. x

wandeljw wrote:

A successful brain surgery improved my cognitive skills but left me unable to decipher Tryagain's posts.

Special Agent jw – I got me one of them too, the Wizard was so generous when I clicked my Ruby Reds … and then I could hear sweet music to my ears… llalllalla, so I sang along, ‘there’s no place like home”

So I says, “no worries Whiz, I do declare, I iz there!"

Tryagain wrote:
May your cup runneth over

Why Yessiree, my breast friends. A new bra makes all the difference Wink Oh dear, <ahem> my bad Embarrassed I have an *Ask-of – rise and shine and onwards and upwards, all rise, there's a good chap. ((((lyBlue)))) – xox

All 4 1, and may my force be with you! Razz

*Apologies: I meant Aksakov!

Dutchy

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:12 pm
@Izzie,
Evening Izzie, I'm totally confused, new Bra, you want a stiff, Savage Garden what am I to think of all this? Razz So pleased you've come out of your shell and looking for a bit of action. I'm sure "Blue Boy" is dropping everything right now, packing his bags and will be on your doorstep before the sunroom is finished. Less than 3 weeks and I'll be off to PL, can't wait, M. has set the Lobster pots out. LOL Getting new ISP system today, if you don't see me for a while, don't worry, I've stuffed up somewhere. Enjoy your cuppa. Smile
Izzie

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:28 pm
@Dutchy,
ha BEAgle! only one response your the first sentence - ahaaaa

Dutchy wrote:

I'm sure "Blue Boy" is dropping everything right now

oh mercy me, I'm all of a quiver now, the verra thought <fans face> Razz <yeah yeah, i think not!>

Quote:
and will be on your doorstep before the sunroom is finished.

ha! mebbe this time next year it'll be done - it'll be a while - ahahhhhah... they don't arrive back here til Thurs and then... who knows, the plasterers have to come in, man, so much to do, floors, and of course, the new doors will have to be replaced and the roof needs to come off - sparky needs to come back and do the outside sec lights. Ah well, all I want for Crimbo 2012 - is my conservatory Razz

Patience is a virtue! (so, I'm led to belive ;P)

Not long 'til PL then - too cool - I bet the g-kids are sooo excited. Will M be out fishing or is he able to take some time off?

I've been trying to do a million and one things tonight (all could so easily have been done at the weekend, hey ho, this iz my world!)

Knackered!

x

Quote:
Enjoy your cuppa.

oh, I so am, thanku ((BEAgle)) x
djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 04:53 pm
@Izzie,
izzie, did you get my message, was that your picture (not a picture of you, but rather one you took) shown on Autumnwatch Unsprung awhile back (don't ask by what nefarious means i was able to watch autumnwatch)

the pic was a forest scene, sort of a reddish gold light behind tree trunks

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:36:25