"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

McTag

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 03:52 pm

I went out tonight with the cabin boy to hear a choir, some of whose members she knows, singing carols in a local precinct.

That was okay, if a bit chilly, except there was a family near us whose children were making a racket, fighting and shouting unnecessarily, and were (almost) unchecked by their stupid, selfish and clueless parents, and spoiling the event for everyone within earshot.

After this had been going on for a while, walked over and said to the woman (the man had disappeared) after tapping her on the shoulder, "We've not come here to listen to your children." She didn't like that, and I walked away, but she did attempt after that to quiet her brats a bit. I saw her looking daggers at me later, but I hope she bears these things privily in her heart, and becomes thereby a more useful member of society.

Amen.
spendius

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 04:15 pm
@McTag,
You like a bit of bother don't you Mac? Perhaps it's a good job that the bloke had disappeared.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 04:27 pm
@McTag,
"on the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...." llalalllllllaa

POMcT - gotta love a Crimbo carol - Taggers, glad you were ooot and abooot - bit parky here too! ((POMcT&theCabinBoy)) xx

IzzY - enjoy your evening with the kids - cheers mate <clinks glasses> - hope you feel much better in the morning. x

jw - hey special agent - do hope all is happy in ChiToooon and wee Annie is enjoying school and y'all had a great Thanksgiving. ((jw)) x

BEAgle - whatcha up to this weekend. Have fun with MrsB shopping Very Happy xx

Osso - ha, great minds and all that ... hoping life is being kind to you x

Little fella - clear xrays - he's been put on two different steroids now (next rung on the asthma ladder and upping the meds as his peak flows are too low) - doc says the thinner mountain air may be good for him but he's gotta be careful if it gets real cold out there...anyhoo - we got spares for the school to look after and hopefully all will be OK. This time next week he'll be super excited and leaving in 3.5hrs (2am start from school) - he's gonna have the best time.

Wishing the world well and hoping all is good in crew's worlds xxxx
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 04:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Prolly a bit late on the clock but ...

have a lovely birthday weekend Mr. Izta Push!
McTag

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 01:43 am
@ehBeth,

I must share this one with you.

My friend's granddaughter is at elementary school (post-kindergarten, pre-primary, who knows?) and this week there were preparations there for the nativity play.
She wanted to be an angel, because she loves dressing up. White robes, glittery wings, golden halo, she coveted that very much.
When she came home, her mother noticed she seemed a bit dejected.
"How did the rehearsals go, poppet? What part have you got?
-"I'm some baby's mother".
Izzie

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 05:10 am
@McTag,
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Taggers, you just brought back a memory of my Granny who used to call me "poppet" - made I smile - she passed on in 1988 - but she's with me to this day ... she's a 'star' that I still talk to.

bless your friend's wee grandaughter!

Goooooooood Morning Crew!

I was out on the deck and caught sight of Three Ships

did a little jig <clap clap> tooooooooodelooooo picco picco piccolo <clap clap>

It's brrrrrrrrr outside and a damp mizzly day - surprisingly I got me some sunshine in the hoooouse

Sooooooooo, I'm on a mission this weekend - Operation IIRNCIBGMO (IzitreallynearlyChristmasI'dBetterGetMoreOrganised)

Best start off with unpacking my bags from last weekend Shocked <oh oh, the shame of it> OK OK OK, I know, go.do.it.already...

Got me some muzic, got me some sunshine, cracking on Very Happy

<waves to 'The Girl', then hugs her> Very Happy

<'nother quick cuppa before I start... yes yes, I just got a delivery of procrastination so it would be a shame not to be grateful and use it wisely>

laterz Crew Razz
Dutchy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 05:47 am
@Izzie,
Morning Izzie, great news about S-Boy, he'd be overexcited comes next week, bless him. Wouldn't you like to go with him?

Taking Mrs.B into them hills tomorrow and get ourselves some fresh cherries, harvesting is in full swing. I know this little orchard where I can get the best dark cherries available at a reasonable price.

Three more weeks and I'm off myself to see M. and family. There has been no more talks about a Qantas strike at Christmas so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Off to have my nightcap before I hit the cabin. Waves from downunder.

McTag

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 10:35 am
@Izzie,

Nice tunes, Cap'n.

That scene painted on the Blackmore's Night cover, I've been to that place and got a photo of that (a very famous scene, to be sure, much used in advertisements and travel literature) in Rothenburg. Awful nice, tho' touristy.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ_VMFvLYv0owzNPWpyP1b2HWfqBxCCBDZ2P8HoV7JKvQ3d7TpTg
Izzie

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 10:41 am
@Dutchy,
16:41

Dutchy wrote:

Wouldn't you like to go with him?

Oh man, I so would. I was talking to one of his masters today telling him I so wish I could go with them. Ahhhahhaa - he is gonna have such a fab time with his mates tho and MrS said he'd take a loada photos of them - they're gonna be going ice skating too and a high rope challenge - S-boy is a bit of a whizz skating (not so keen on heights but then who would be when you're 50ft up and need to pee like he did when we tree-surfed) - now I just need to pack his suitcase and check I've got everything. So far, today, I haven't managed to achieve diddly except a massive smile on my face Shocked weird how that happens! Razz

Anyhoooooooooooooo - I am having a "hairbrush moment" right now... ya know, when you just have to sing verra loudly

from S-Boy to S-Club and a bit of "Reach for the Stars"

laterzzzzzzzz crew
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 10:50 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Nice tunes, Cap'n.

Hey Taggers - I'm on a bit of a musical burst right now... love Blackmore's Night... especially "Ghost Of A Rose"

I've been listening to Radio 2 (love Dermot) thisavo and Jamie Hartman was being interviewed... man, he's good, no - he's not good - he's amazing... he has the perfect song... but not for now

anyhoo, here is one by Ben's Brother (Jamie)

Be Yourself

Have a great rest of your weekend POMcT Very Happy
McTag

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 11:11 am
@Izzie,

THank'ee kindly, cap'n.

I'm listening to Jazz Record Requests at the mo, so I'll play that tune later.

I enjoyed our little orchestra this morning, we played bits of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, Bach's Air (on a G string) A Leroy Anderson arrangement medley of Xmas music, some other piece and music from Jurassic Park (John Williams, composer). All good, nice pieces, and most enjoyable.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 11:35 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

-"I'm some baby's mother".

oh my

I just laughed and snorted a bit Laughing
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:00 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Missy - do so hope you will all get better very soon and can chillax over the weekend. Bugs... begone!!!! Order's from the deck!!!! (((((Dixies)))))xxxxx

Thank you Izzie - I have gotten your messages. Thank you so much for your thoughts! We have been so sick! Stomach virus last week, then J got it and I slept with him because I thought it was a stomach virus (the one I already had that I thought I was OVER) and it turned out to be strep - and I got that too. So - yuck. The house has been fumigated and we are healthy for the time being.

I am so happy to hear that S will be able to go on his ski trip. Thoughts and prayers will be with him and hope the mountain air will clear up those lungs and not be too cold.

I also put in my two weeks notice at my job. It's killing me. The company is under the gun. Lot of things not quite going the way the employees would like and the new position I took is more - so much more than I bargained for. just too stressful and so many people willing to throw you under the bus in order to secure themselves a place. Should have never taken this position upon reflection. But all in all - I am thankful for the experience and am looking for some new less stressful job in the near future. I have a few offers that I am considering. One is very promising but probably will not happen until after the new year. So meantime I am lining up pre-school sub jobs. That will help out a little anyway.

Missed you all. Have enjoyed reading back and seeing all that has happened. Hoping you all are having a wonderful weekend.

mis
Dutchy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 02:28 pm
@mismi,
Hi miss Sunshine how nice to make an appearance again. Happy to read all is well in the Alabama household again. Great idea to toss the job in if it is to stressful, with your great personality and looks you'll score another job in no time. Have a great Sunday, hugs Dutchy.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 04:16 am

A bit of fun being had here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB8NhXtgG_A
Izzie

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 04:22 am
@mismi,
Morning Crew

(((((((Missy)))))))) be so proud of you... work your notice and when the right opportunity comes along, it will find you... it really will. Enjoy your Christmas time with your family and most importantly, keep believing in you. Love you Missy - healing hugs to y'all xxxxx

BEAgle - helllllllllllllllllllllo - how was your Sunday? I've just woken from such a blessed sleep and am ready to face the day (I really have got to get Operation *TWIPOY nailed)

so... to start the day, let's shake it up a little... <picks up hairbrush, sings down mic, commences shuffle into kitchen and a 1, 2, 3, 4, "can ya feel it" - put's kettle on - "can ya feel it" - all 4 legged creatures in hoooouse cover up ears "can ya feel it")

here we go...

*ThatWhatIPutOffYesterday (my bad Embarrassed )

Mr. Green

Crew - Y'all have a wonderful day - no doubt I will back verra soon Razz <slaps wrist>
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 06:34 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

A bit of fun being had here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB8NhXtgG_A

ha Taggers, you snuck in under the radar then - cross posted with ya

that was a fabulous toon - dontya just want to do a jig with that...

talking of which, I just have to pop below deck and stand on my toots

Dutchy

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:00 pm
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie. Another glorious day here. Just having my breakfast when my eye caught Mrs. B shopping list for the day, so my morning is taken care off. My God you women are subtle. LOL

Hopefully my new Internet system will be installed sometime this week, the one they just did was useless and didn't work in my area. The system was slow and the telephone didn't work. Just as well I had a mobile phone.

M. was a good boy, send me a box of fresh prawns and fish from the new season's catch. He promised me Lobster for Christmas when we're overthere.

Better run and head to the Shopping Centre. Waves from downunder.
Tryagain

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 05:32 pm
I have returned from my sabbatical to apologize to the crew and acknowledge I was in error over the lyrics of; Mad Dogs and Englishmen (Noel Coward).

It was when upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary, over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore that to my consternation I do deplore I assumed the line to read:

‘Mad dogs and Englishmen don’t go out in the midday sun.’

I thought I was wrong once but on reflection I was wrong about that; to err is human.

ItheP wrote, “To be quite frank…” You see, I told y’all his name was Frank.

Very belated birthday acknowledgements Frank.

Don’t cry for me Argentina; I have been here for like ever and have never had a single mensch!

But with the silken uncertain rustling of soft lingerie falling, it thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before; into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning, so that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating 'I’m some visitor entreating entrance at her chamber door - Some late visitor entreating entrance at her chamber door; - This it is, and so much more.

I must go change my long johns even tho they were new on only last Christmas!

Missy, good lifestyle choice; best wishes for the future.
Good health to you Dutchy.
Keep shining Izzie, you are brightening the world.

Hugs to the crew, you are all in my thoughts.
margo

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:01 pm
who was that masked man???
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:26:49