Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:45 am
@Barry The Mod,
Thats Izzie??? reallyy???
Izzie

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 03:58 am
@verbivore,
verbivore wrote:

Thats Izzie??? reallyy???

Nah MaMaVerby - tho I do have a hat rather like that for when I'm at the beach Very Happy

Hello Crew

And so it starts - the conservatory is finally being taken apart and a new one being built tomorrow (gonna take a week or so). Leccy has been and sorted the lights and power, all the windows are out and the roof is being taken apart as I type.

No more leaks, no more buckets on the floor - YAYAYAY!

Little fella is still very sick - we're off to the doctors shortly - he won't be able to go skiing if we can't get him well tho the cold mountain air would be good for his chest Shocked - so, he's off school again, as he has been at the end of last week - and the week before. Poor little chap - puffing his puffers, cough cough cough cough cough chuck cough cough cough chuck cough cough cough - puff - cough. His levels are way down under 80% peak flow so he's terribly weary too. Hopefully there will be something else they can do to help him today.

Wishing all well and hope Taggers has had a lovely trip.

Catch y'all laters peeps

((((((((Crew))))))))))x
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 04:19 am
@Izzie,
Hope the little one is better soon, glad that your glazier has finally got his finger out.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 04:48 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie. So sorry to hear about S-boy, I wouldn't recommend sending him on that skiing trip in his present condition. I know he will be very disappointed but feel he should be 100% fit before he can go on such a trip. Glad to hear your sun room is being rebuilt hope it doesn't rain in the meantime.
verbivore

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 05:53 am
@Dutchy,
Sad thts totally unfair n S-boy Sad wat a time!
Id sneak and go for that ski trip BEAgle Wink somethings just cant be stopped! for people as adventorous Razz Razz

After a looong relaxing weekend - wat wit th hair massage and henna...i had to start the week..a monday morn - with enuf and more bashings from boss Sad eeekkkkweekkkk! already hoping for the weekend now!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 06:35 am
@verbivore,
Wow verbivore, seeing that you're adventurous, I gladly sneak away and teach you some snow-skiing. Bosun was a champion ski jumper in his younger days when he lived in Sweden.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 07:30 am
@Dutchy,
Hey there ((((BEAgle))))

Dutchy wrote:

I wouldn't recommend sending him on that skiing trip in his present condition.

yep, it is a worry, and no, at present, he couldn't go - he has more appointments booked with the doctor over the next 3 weeks and they're keeping a close eye on his peak flow which is still falling tho the steroids are helping (A LOT) when he can't get his breath - he has to fill out charts 3 times a day but his levels are low. The doc says they will add in more meds next week if he doesn't improve but he's got a bad cold now too so he is having theeeeee most horrendous nosebleeds again and will need to be re-cauterised (dammit). Add onto that - he's had a referral to see a dematologist as he has white (depigmented) patches on his arms which look like flat scars and they are increasing in size. She thinks this may be auto-immune problems passed on by my AI crahpshoot - a condition known as Vitiligo - it could be eczema related which goes hand in hand with asthma but the patches are not itchy or broken or anything - just flat and completely white.

Nothing to worry about as it doesn't hurt him anything at all like that - it's just expanding flat white patches <know someone who will be shuddering right now Wink > Anyhoo - that will be arranged quite quickly, he has to get chest x-rays this week at the hospital and we'll need to sort out the cauterising before he goes away.

Doc says they and we (me, PaPa and school) would make a decision about skiing in 2 weeks time - she believes if we can get the asthma under control with the meds that he should be OK to go - obviously though, the school have to decide whether they will take that responsibility for him as this is a new condition.

So, we went and got a pot of honey - along with Flake (mine) and a Crunchie (his) and it's gonna be movie afternoon upstairs in his bedroom as the noise outside is UNBELIEVABLE. It looks so weird not having a conservatory on the outside of the house - they are now taking the cills off - there's been lots of cracks and one shattered window (which was quite exciting as I have kept some of the pieces to photograph <sad git that I am - I can make a picture outta anything> )

I'm sure it will be fine <crosses fingers, toes etc> I can't imagine him not going - I think that would be very/too upsetting for him - he's not skied before so he will only be on the starter slopes and isn't gonna be hurling down mountains... oh, it is a worry tho.

No, no point worrying - he'll be fine, we will get it and the cough under control.

I keep yelling "BREATHE" after each cough... "Breathe boy, breathe" <hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh>

MaMaVerby - oooooooooooh, so glad you had a lovely weekend - ah, nothing like a head massage - so glad you had some R&R. Smunch your H-boy from me ((MaMaVerby)) x

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... there's nothing like a walk in the park... especially when you've done the 500 miles and you reach home, where the heart is - happy days! Very Happy

Dr Who Knew! Wink The poifect medicine for putting a smile on my face - spirit lifting!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 07:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Hope the little one is better soon, glad that your glazier has finally got his finger out.

Oh IzYP - so sorry, I missed this post Shocked - yep, 'twas about time ... 3.5 months I've waited - but I so can't complain - it's the first "P"conservatory to be done in this country by this manufacturer! It's gonna be fab and secure and very................GREEN (I know, I know, not everyones cuppa but I'm gonna LOVE IT) and most importantly with a hint of blue - I'm having a polarised glass clear roof so my clouds will always be puffy and my leaves will be big and bright!

<well, they will be in the spring, the trees are mostly nekkid now - bring on the the clocks springing forward>

Verra excited!

yells "breathe S, breathe"... cough cough cough cough cough...
margo

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 08:03 pm
I love that David Tennant clip! It really does cheer you up!

Send his S-lordship out here for a holiday - starting to warm up nicely.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 09:49 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie, just checking in. I'm not happy reading the continuing cough stuff with S boy, which I know you aren't too. Wish I had some sane advice of some sort. He sees an asthma doc, right?

This will sound out of left field and probably is - you have cats? is he allergic to cats? My whole sneeze 50 times in a row routine ceased when we remodelled around the same time our cat died.
(Yes, I'd had a few years of shots, still sneezed like a choo choo train)

Not to assume one allergen is the trigger, just wondering re tests. You may have posted all that and I missed it.
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 11:42 pm
@Izzie,
Sad( ohho!!! i SERIOUSSLLY hope S-boy is perrffffeectly healthy by the time the trip nears!!! (((s-boy)))

AND rupees has hit an all time low - 52.5 rs for a dollaR!!! exacttly wen we were planning a europe trip~!!
those ever planning a visit to India - pack ur bags NOW! ul have to spend lesser Wink
Dutchy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:42 am
@verbivore,
Everybody here is going on overseas holidays verbivore, our Dollar is worth $1.04 American today! China and now your Country are spending billions here, buying our Minerals and fuelling our mining boom and economy.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 11:21 am
Hi all,

Thought it was about time I joined in! Izzie - sorry about Sboy poor thing, I hope it gets sorted! Has he been tested for lupus? just a thought! Have been ill, no voice, no energy at all! spent most of weekend in bed! But getting better now! I really hope S-boy gets to go skiing!

Well s-girl doing well at College she is predicted an A for photography she is on a b at the moment! Due to have a dyslexia test at college! They are querying why she is doing functional skills when she is hitting high grades in English! Fboy doing ok in his subjects hitting B's which is great and he is in Higher Maths, he doesn't take after me there, must be his Dad!

Hope all are of you are well, hugs and stuff to all X
Dutchy

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 06:24 pm
@annis,
Hi Tulip, sorry to read about you being unwell, I'm sure you'll bounce back full of beans before long. Here's to your good health. Drunk
Izzie

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 09:53 am
@Dutchy,
bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

oh, what do I hear?

NOTHING

NADA

zip a dee doo dah

Silence is golden...just the river running by which is music to my ears...

nope no cough cough cough cough cough - little fella is back to school but only for today and tomorrow and then xrays on Friday.

(Osso - will reply to your post tonight as I can't keep awake right now - thanku xx)

builder's have skidaddled for the day, so off to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for a little bit

oooooooooooohdoooooooolally Very Happy

(((((((Crew))))))))

x

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
mismi

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 07:44 pm
@Izzie,
Hi gang

Pistol Pete is better. Stitches aren't out yet - but he is almost back to 100%
But -
the Professor came down with a stomach virus just in time for Thanksgiving.
Yippee.

I am off of work for 2 days - so - woohoo!
Hugs to you all
Happy Thanksgiving!
JPB

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 08:11 pm
@mismi,
Oh, no! Sorry to hear that Miss Mis. I hope he feels better soon.

Tonight is pie night. I bake two pies each year. One pumpkin and one pecan - both on the night before Thanksgiving. The pumpkin pie is in the oven. Next up is the pecan. It's going to be a late night but that's ok. I can stay up past 9 for one night.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 08:11 pm
@mismi,
Happy thanksgiving mismi, we don't celebrate it here, but I believe it is a special day in the US. Two days off, make sure you give the Prof. plenty of TLC. Hugs from downunder.

Happy thankgiving to you too JPB.
mismi

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 08:22 pm
Thanks JPB...mmmmm pies. They both sound amazing.
I am making sweet potato casserole. It is like eating dessert....the pecans and brown sugar and butter become like toffee on the top...amazing. I only eat it once a year. Thanksgiving
Have a happy one J. Smile ((JPB))

Ahhh Dutchy. It is a great holiday. I love it for so many reasons...of course eating is a big one - but hanging out with all of my family all day long - just relaxing and laughing is the MOST fun. And remembering to be thankful. So blessed! ((Dutchy))

But the Prof. might have to miss it. Which is really sad. I am spraying the house down with Lysol...and I hand him his ginger ale and get out of the room as quickly as I can. I will be sleeping in one of the boys rooms tonight you betcha. I do not like to throw up.
JPB

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 08:25 pm
@Dutchy,
Thanks Dutchy.

Just read back about S-boy still being under the weather.

GET WELL SOON, S-boy!!!

(( Miz Izz ))

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:38:26