"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 04:11 am
@Stormwatch,
Helllllllllllllllllllllo Crew Very Happy

Ooooooooh, it's been such a fantabulous few days. Just wanted to quickly jump aboard to let you know we've been 'being, seeing and doing' - went to the city on Thurs and got all the bits and pieces we needed, spent the whole day at the Eden Project (man, it's hot and sweaty in that tropical biome) yesterday (lots of photos to share when they return home tomorrow Wink and came home exhausted and did pumpkins. We have laughed so much - it's been utterly wonderful.

it's so good to see the crew onboard!

Eden was so good - blues and pinks everywhere - reds and greens - oh, the furry bush was just theeeee best in the Mediterranean biome. Only a couple hundred of shots of that particular plant... Rolling Eyes Divine it was. The tropical biome was too hot and they hadda stop folk from going to the top (which was 54deg) which was fine by me as I could only walk around the lower section - my lens did not wish to acclimatise and spent much of it's time steamed up. Hey ho Mr. Green

On our way out shortly so can't stop at the mo but will catch up tomorrow when all is quiet on the western front... just had to say I'm thinking of those near and far and sending all love xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps (((Blue))) - no worries about the do-upper garden, found some gorgeous plants for the garden and something rather special to grow!!!! - put another log on the fire lllallallalllaa Wink

(((Stormy, BEAgle, MaMaVerby et al zeeeee crew)))

x
Dutchy

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 04:25 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie looking forward to the photographs, noticed FQ mentioned the Eden Project on F/B so I googled it and learnt it was a garden in Cornwall with Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomesplace etc. I then used Google Earth and had a walk around and looked for myself, just amazing. LOL Have a great week end.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 05:52 am
@Dutchy,
It does look fantastic, I tried to go there once, but the queues were enormous.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 07:57 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:
Dear JW, I am so pleased your latest medical procedure was a success. As you are one of my favorite Canadian comedians may I wish you all the very best for a full and complete recovery and rehabilitation back into society.

As always, it is a thrill to be singled out by Tryagain!

I deeply appreciate that he shares my joy for having had successful brain surgery. (For most people, simply reading Izzy's Yabber Liner posts is a much safer substitute and more effective than actual brain surgery.)

Above all, Tryagain called me Canadian! What an honor to be in the lofty company of Tai Chi, ehBeth, and Tai Chi's little brother, djjd.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 01:25 pm
Wow. Tryagain. Again. To what do we owe all of this attention? Wink

Sounds like fun Izzie. I need to do what Dutchy did. Sounds like a beautiful place. Hope you and Charlie are having a wonderful time. ((Izzie))

Hey there Stormy - sorry about the snow. I don't think I am quite ready for that either and I love snow. I am sure that is because we hardly ever get it! Stay warm. Smile

Dear Dutchy - wouldn't you just love it if Verbs came and visited you at your lair? Always putting the line out there aren't you love? Razz ((Dutchy))

I have had a stressful week. Biscuit bit Pistol. Apparently my girl is a bit hormonal and got tired of Pistol trying to hump her. So - she bit him. BUT - apparently it got infected and caused an abcess the size of an orange. He has been at the vet since Wednesday. Two surgeries later, we are looking forward to him coming home Monday. They aren't sure if it was Biscuit - they said it could be a spider bite...but it looked pretty big to me. And Biscuit has put Pistol in his place a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. So I figure it was her. I have missed my boy though. He is the only man in this house that looks up at me with adoring eyes and does what I say. I need him back pronto.

Hugs to y0u all...hope you continue to have a wonderful weekend.
mis
McTag

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 03:18 pm

Left Naples in absolutely stonking weather yesterday afternoon, great visibility for the flight, the city looked great and the bay looked wonderful, and Vesuvius with no cloud cap looking like a big eggcup, Capri and Ischia gracing the sunny sea.

What a marvellous region. Orange trees, lemons and olives in profusion, prickly pears and persimmons, more fruit than you could shake a stick at, even on the street trees.

We stayed in Sorrento, and travelled to Positano and Amalfi, Ravello and all round there. We visited Herculaneum and Pompeii and saw quite a bit of Naples, including the National Museum of Antiquities where much of the goodies from the digs ended up.

We had a goodbye meal at the Due Lanterna restaurant in the Via Santa Maria delle Grazie...how Italian is that?

Loved the whole thing.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 04:02 pm
@McTag,
That's sounds wonderful McTag just as my sister described it, she returned only last week from Europe and spent 21 days in that region. My hairdresser comes from Naples and he has shown me many photos of that City. When he is not busy he'll play his accordion and croons Napolitano songs. Smile

Dead right mismi, love to have verbivore in my lair, I would spoil her rotten with the finest chocolates. For you I have other surprises in store. Wink (((mismi)))
mismi

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 04:05 pm
@Dutchy,
Shocked oh my.

Do tell.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 04:08 pm
@mismi,
Some other time sweetie when the time is right, a clue, think about candle-lights. Laughing
mismi

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 04:15 pm
@Dutchy,
You silver - tongued fox, you. Wink
ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 05:14 pm
mismi

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 06:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Love that song - and Bette Midler. Thanks Beth. Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:12 pm
@mismi,
Another hint, soft music. Smile
Stormwatch

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 06:26 am
@Dutchy,
Holy snow.... We got over a foot in this freak October snowstorm. The official past record in the state for Oct is only 3". This storm blew that record out of the water! Some towns got over two feet of snow...this is crazy. If this is an indication of what's to come this winter, I'm moving!!!
Dutchy

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 06:43 am
@Stormwatch,
Wow Stormy, you could be in for a long white winter, can't blame you for moving, having seen the photos of the snow in your part of the world.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 07:49 am
@Stormwatch,
Yikes! I hope it's not an indication of what's to come. Although, to be honest -- that's why I moved away from Vt. I was DONE with those kinds of winters!

Stay warm!!!
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 08:23 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

If I may just take a moment to reply to Frank – Yes, I do remember a kricket game during the dig, I was ‘12th man’ and got to take a hat out to the batsman. Then at half time we had tea and sandwiches in a wooden pavilion. I can’t remember the score, but it was a wonderful experience.

That wouldn't have been against us, we were way too disorganised to arrange sandwiches and hire pavilions. We didn't tend to stop much for half time, the sooner we were done, the sooner we could get down the pub.
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 08:45 am
@JPB,
I don't blame you for moving JBP. You know when I was younger I always said I'd never get tired of snow like those "old people"! Laughing Laughing Now I AM one of those old people, and I'm sick of it!
Izzie

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 09:57 am
@Stormwatch,
Hellllllllllllllo dahling's Very Happy

Charlie and family has gone <insert very, very, very sad face> Sad

We had such a great time - oh, how I miss her already. We're planning a girlie getaway in a few weeks time (there's more to that, but that's for another time) - anyhoo, we took some pics this morning - say cheese (see BEAgle, as promised Wink so I'll post them a little later.) Right now, gotta go get the little fella's school uniform sorted, pile of ironing is awaiting - HOW CAN HALF TERM BE OVER ALREADY!!!!! Man! Seriously - how!

IzYP - you are now published - all good wishes with the book sales - "Bad Dog"! Yay for you Very Happy

Taggers - you're back from Sorrento - how fab a time did you have a? Fantastic. Pics please POMcT - would love to see the beautiful Amalfi coast.

STORMY - OH MY WORD! HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!! Shocked Good golly girl - keep safe and WARM!

oh oh oh

my laptop is refusing to be nice... I gotta go and reboot, darnit - where has the cursor gone ????

Misssssssssy, JPB et al crew... will be back in a bit (I hope)

(((((ooooooh lyBlue))))))xox and yours - how verra lovely to see you, oh oh oh, no really, oh oh ooooooooooh xxxxxxxxxxxx so happy...

Izzie

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 02:09 pm
@Izzie,
Evening All Very Happy

Just in time...

Happy Birthday H-boy! 2 years old today - bless that littler one.

http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/112/11222.gif

((((((MaMaVerby))))))) - hope you have had a wonderful time - did you go to the resort this weekend?? Do give H-boy a big smunch from me - thinking of you and yours - and gosh, it doesn't seem possible that 2 years have flown by. Happy Happy Birthday to your little fella Very Happy x

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2760556097_f7162d1370.jpg

and Happy Birthday to our Osso!!!

http://fifyazman.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/ist2_2411920-birthday-girl-mchipster150.jpg

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead Osso. x
2 special days for 2 special folk...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:30:37