"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

annis

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:03 am
Am watching the rugby too! Of course England has to win!!

In reply to the knitting, cooking, babies comment - That certainly is NOT me!! I do all heavy work myself! hate Cooking, babies, chocolate is not my most best thing to eat. So thought what a silly comment! As for the gardening bit give me heavy manual work not the silly stuff. Actually men are often better at cooking than women and women are mentally stronger than men coping better in almost all things.

Back to the important thing Come on England!
Dutchy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:05 am
@Izzie,
Oh did they put the curse on poor Jonny? Laughing Hope your boys come good before the game is over, otherwise my left shoulder is free to cry on, my right one is already taken by msolga whose team Collingwood lost he final. Laughing Common England.
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:06 am
@annis,
Hey Tulip - little bitta fisticuffs going on - more like handbags at dawn!!!!

C'MON ENGLAND Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:07 am
@Dutchy,
Jonny just kicked the penalty (Margo must be on a tea break Mr. Green > - Scotland 6 England 3...
Dutchy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:13 am
@Izzie,
Well my twidling thumbs must have helped, there will be a repeat of that, mark my words. Go Jonny, go......
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:17 am
@Dutchy,
Great drop goal from Scotland by Dan Parks... 6 point lead

Scotland have owned it so far - England need to come back out and get themselves sorted...

Scotland 9 - England 3

<gone to make a cuppa> Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:46 am
@Izzie,
Scotland winning by 9 points now... which means England could be leaving the World Cup unless they get their act together Shocked Scotland need 8 clear points

Oh my....

C'MON ENGLAND!
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:47 am
@Izzie,
Jonny just scored... Scotland 12 England 6

and again.... Scotland 12 England 9

(<go Jonny>)
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:11 am
@Izzie,
TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OMG - THAT WAS FANTASTIC

SWING LOW! Unbelievable play by England!!!!!!!!

Scotland 12 England 16

and, we're thru to the Quarter Finals Razz
Dutchy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:21 am
@Izzie,
Well Izzie how fantastic is that, so happy for you, we're there too! Believe we're playing South Africa, the World Champions next, probably our swansong. Sad
spendius

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:24 am
@Dutchy,
A nice moment on Channel 4 racing. Emma Spencer and Nick Luck introduced a French TV advert which showed a team of jockeys doing one of those Tongan intimidation dances at some rugby players.

When it was over Nick, who had probably had a gin or two, asked Emma if she was able to assess the relative merits of jockeys and rugby players. Those who know about Emma's form sniggered along with Nick whilst Emma looked suitably bashful.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:22 pm
Bugger!

Pins are working on bloody jonny bloody wilkinson though! Match not seen live on free to air tv here.

Did watch Wallabies vs Russia. Not a great match! Expected result, though.

Iz - you is real cruel!!!!
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:43 pm
@margo,
I iz... I iz so Cruella

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4011/nine800600.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

butter wouldn't melt... Wink

I'll be cheering them on next Saturday morning at 8am!!!!! Scotland played so well and it really was almost cruel England getting the try in the last minute... we would have gone through anyway as Scotland didn't have 8 clear points. If Argentina lose badly to Georgia in the morning (little or no chance of that happening) then Scotland will go through too... but I just can't see Argentinians taking the fall.

Can't tell you how gorgeous it is over here right now, hot hot hot Shocked Tulip, kidz and I are going yomping tomorrow (knee and joints permitting) across the moors (OK, so it's not a big yomp, but it's quite a ways for moi). Too hot and crowded for the beach, the moors will be cooler and quieter.

It's gonna be another 25/26degC - on the 1st & 2nd of October!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Golly Miss Molly. Just love it!

izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:43 pm
@margo,
Southampton 4-0 Watford. Saints two points clear at the top of the Championship.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:50 pm
@Izzie,
Morning Izzie, are you trying to match us with your 25/26 degrees? I wouldn't call that hot, just a comfortable day, still jumper weather here. LOL Would love to join you and Tulip for a stroll across the moors, really appeals to me. Have a great day.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:07 pm
Ain't that Wilkie a handsome lunk eh lads?

I saw an article years ago that claimed that professional wrestling was removed off TV because it brought out the evolutionary inheritance in certain types of ladies.

Perhaps rugby is a sort of saccharine version.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 04:05 pm
@Izzie,

Quote:
OMG - THAT WAS FANTASTIC

Oh no it wasn't.

I see the Scots are persevering with their experiment of playing rugby matches without actually scoring any tries.

Ah well. At least we raised a few bumps and weals on them.
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 04:29 pm
@McTag,
Yep Taggers - I did feel for Scotland - they played superior to England in the first half... and it was a scrappy match - England lost their nerve and Jonny's poor kicking (tho the first two kicks were really hard and he puts so much pressure on himself) - aside from that, the last 20 minutes England took control and the try in the last minute was just such a good set up.

Tuilagi had a great set up for the try and a great game - Jonny was all over the pitch. I really hope they put Jonny in against France - there are scores to settle there and even tho he's playing in France now, his hearts with England. Should be a great match next Saturday - France were dismal today - worse than dismal, but I reckon they'll pull their socks up next week!!!!

I am sorry for Scotland - my exhubby wasn't too impressed when he came around with a rugby ball in hand and I chuckled a tad.

Thing is - such a great game. England have much to do to become a World Cup Winning Team tho... at the moment, I'm fancying the All Blacks.

Footie for the Saints is going well - bonus for the Southampton ZyP.

BEAgle - I got my camera back today so I shall try and take some pics tomorrow for y'all. The moors are magnificent right now... so stunning it takes your breath away. Couldn't think of a better place to live right now... well, mebbe South Island, NZ. Ha! We'd get to visit then Razz

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 04:33 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

I see the Scots are persevering with their experiment of playing rugby matches without actually scoring any tries.

Actually, that's Scotlands problem right now - they can kick and Paterson (he's a bit of a hero of mine) can surely kick, but they can't score the tries - no finishing power. Such a shame really - they were looking good to go. Lamont is amazing...

ah... 'tis a shame.

mismi

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:29 pm
@Izzie,
OH MY! He's pretty.

Smile ((Izzie)) Baseball weekend. All day tomorrow too. But it is bee yoo tee full down here. Sunny and very fallish. LOVE IT!

Hugs to you all. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Smooch, smooch
mis
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 08:24:11