"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 03:30 am
@Izzie,
I don't know if anyone else is bothered, but Brighton slipped up yesterday. If Saints beat Brum today we'll go top. Not the same as the woirld cup but I'm just too parochial. BTW does anyone else think that, 'America beats Russia in the Rugby World Cup,' sounds like 1960s science fiction.
McTag

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 04:56 am
@izzythepush,

U R rite.

Fulham v Man City today, interesting. And that other lot v. Chelsea.

Good job Izzie is a sports fan, shamelessly using her thread like that.
The British Thread is being sadly neglected, be it said.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 05:05 am
@McTag,
I know how you feel, I can't stand Wayne Rooney.
Izzie

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 05:16 am
@izzythepush,
"Swing low, sweeeeeet Chariot" lalalllllllllllalallla

shameless I am too Razz (Margo, I am chuckling)

and GO WALES! Good job!

dashing, Tulip's on her way over with S-girl... be back later!

(((Crew))) x

Dutchy

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 05:48 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, have a great Sunday and say hi to Tulip. Great Tennis between Switzerland and Australia in the Davis Cup during past 3 days, gone into a 4th day due to bad light. A real cliff hanger at the moment, as expected Roger Federer won both singles but we won the other single and the doubles. Well at the moment in the last single the score is 2 sets all with the Swiss guy leading 5-3 in the 5th set. Looks like curtains for the Aussies when play resumes tomorrow. Smile
mismi

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 08:51 am
@Dutchy,
Hi. Hi. Hi.

Hope you all are having a great weekend. We had a baseball tournament. We won 2 games and lost 1. But the way they set it up is bizarre...only the top 4 teams got to duke it out for the #1 spot and we finished our second game at 5th seed. Totally sucked. But the boys had a great time. Smile

Hugs to you all.
mis
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 08:52 am
@mismi,
Half time score Southampton 3-0 Birmingham
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:05 am
@izzythepush,
Full time 4-1, Southampton are top of the championship. Well I'm happy if noone else is. Oh Steve Kay from Calgary Canada has just texted BBC Solent to say he is too. Good on ya Steve.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 08:27 pm
Well - the Swiss beat us in the Davis Cup tennis!

And congratulations to the idiot who felt it would be good to play Roger Federer on grass!

Hello! He's the Wimbledon champion about half a dozen times. And up against him we put Lleyton Hewitt - Wimbledon champion once, and that Tomic brat, Wimbledon quarter finals once.

Guess it seemed like a good idea at the time! After a long lunch, maybe!
roger

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 08:47 pm
@margo,
The SWISS? I don't know what to say.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 08:55 pm
@margo,
I trust Federer won...
Dutchy

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 09:13 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I trust Federer won...

Indeed, both his singles!
Izzie

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 04:33 am
@Dutchy,
Morning Crew

it's so lovely to see y'all jumping onboard!

heh heh... methinks we should get some sport going on the deck - BEAgle - you can set up the nets, Bosun ... I don't hold out much hope for the English tennis players on board these days and think Margo would prolly thrash us all Razz (one might add that we don't have any Swiss here... other than Toblerone munchers Wink ) but heck, we could always play quoits and have a bottle of Pimms and our 5-a-day in the glass Razz

Anyhoo - little fella is poorly today - barking cough again <inserts bark> and sneeze, after sneeze, after sneeze...achoo, ya get ma drift. Bless him, again and again and again! He got up at 6.30am and took some paracetamol - and he's now snuggled up in bed. He's into his Options years at school now so, unlike the past few years, the workload to catch up on is much greater if you miss any days - so, fingers crossed that all will be a little better tomorrow and he'll be back to school Very Happy

Tulip was well, looking fabulous, and it was lovely doing a little shoot with S-girl - she just needs a little more confidence and not to be scared of the camera and she'll be just fine. Then Pammie came over and we had a loooooong chinwag and righted (or not) our worlds; from out of nowhere, nightime arrived Shocked

'Twas lovely to see them.

margo wrote:

And congratulations to the idiot who felt it would be good to play Roger Federer on grass!

I can hear you and see you so clearly and your comments make me laugh each time. I don't see how anyone can be miserable around you girl. So... have you been gliding yet Wink

BEAgle - oh, I missed all the tennis, well everrathang, this weekend - the last few days, weeks, months. When one of the door chaps came around t'other day I mentioned that it had taken them over 3 months since I called for the handles/locks to be changed and that it had been nice to see Les... to which he informed me, Les had an accident well over a year ago and it must have been at least 18 months since my original call to them as Les hadn't worked since... errrrrrrr.... how is that possible?.. where did those months go? It felt like a few weeks...

In fact, I feel as life is drifting on by so quickly and I oughta be doing something in the world that makes a difference in the bigger picture, but, I'm not - days go by... and I'm almost bereft that my time will soon be over and what did I do with it? Shocked Hmmmm... I still wish to discover an orchid in a rainforest (minus the webs and their inhabitants) and call it something like Phalaenopterosis Azurabellus Animbabilis, find a medicinal cure for Parkinson's or Alzheimers, go into the fiery depths of a volcano, or just do something that is worthwhile.... and and and ... there are so many things I would like to do - yet, 3 not-even-whole days of work does me in Rolling Eyes Ah well, who knows what will happen when the little fella is grown and left the nest - them Maori's may call me over to Wakatipu and I may find my calling...

or I may just be the mad cat woman from Devon with a babbling brook running by Mr. Green

talking of orchids, mine died Sad

<oh my, there was a ramble a?>

Missy - I'm glad those fellaz had a good game - shame about the way they seeded it but, them being out and aboot and playing sport is so good for them and if they had fun, that's what's important. Hope all is good with you and things at work etc are settling down somewhat. Love you ((Missy)) x

Taggers - haven't seen you around the boards so much these days - I'm figuring you're a busy fella. Hope all is good with you and the Cabin Boy!

JPB - you are doing fantastically well - I have so much admiration for your discipline and enthusiam. You should be so proud of you! Very pleased you lunched with jw and JfC - I imagine the talking would have been "much" Very Happy

ZyP - you must be cheering with the Saint's win and them being top of the board Very Happy But, but, but ...who is Steve Kay? Enquiring minds need to know.

Good to see the Ship's Rat ((Rog)) and Osso on board - Osso - again, delighted for the good hand news.

Thinking of the crew and those near and far...

((((Blue)))) missing you madly - sending you a hug <feel it> Razz

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-txfxBXUGd4Q/TncFA8VSQTI/AAAAAAAASiA/JE_QHo6jgFc/s640/DSC01589.JPG

Okeydokey - catchy'all laters...

Stormwatch

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 04:50 am
Hi everyone

Just a quick stop in to let everyone know all is well...I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I've been real busy between my real job and my fun job.

mismi glad to hear the boys are still playing ball. Those single elimination tournaments do suck, can't even build momentum. N's playing fall ball bumped up to varsity level. He's the youngest on the team which goes 16-18. It's fun to watch the real big boys play. They faced a pitcher yesterday who threw in the upper 80 mph...our team couldn't hit him. It left some of our boys a bit frustrated. It's good for them to see it though...a little taste of whats to come.

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm going to have to pop in more often it looks like theres a lot of reading I have to catch up on.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 06:16 am
@Izzie,
All I know about Steve Kay I have already written down. I was listening to radio Solent when I wrote the message. The presenter was reading out a lot of texts. Steve Kay's was the one read out at the beginning of the sentence. You never know, it might be Setanta.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 07:11 am
It's not as tough now as it used to be. There was an old cock in the pub the other night telling us that his Dad used to get one boiled egg a week as a special privilege to help him sustain his 10 hour shifts down the mine. But out of the goodness of his heart he gave the top off the egg to one of his sons to help them grow and become strong so they could work at the coalface as well. As there were five sons our storyteller had the top of a boiled egg once every five weeks.

Now our sons are not averse to throwing eggs at OAP's windows and passing cars.

I asked him about his mother. Whether she shared in this bountiful banquet as it must have seemed to them on the principle Socrates so famously elucidated and he said that she loved her sons so much that she forbore to take her turn.

We all wept.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 07:24 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, indeed where has the time gone? Looking back it now seems life just flashes past and you're old before you know it. Just do what you want to do and you'll get there.

Talking about sport on the deck, not for me thanks, I'll be happy to watch girls whilst drinking my rum and coke. Wink

Sorry to hear about S-boys cold, hope with your TLC he'll recover quickly.

Welcome back Stormy, good to see you, been wondering how you were, no doubt you spent your time productively knowing you. How are the RedSox boys doing?

Time to hit the cot.
JustBrooke

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:22 pm
@Dutchy,
Hope you are sleeping well, captain Dutchy. Us girls always know you are watching us. Wink That's why we put that extra wiggle in our step.

Feeling like I am in rush mode today. So much to do - so little time. I am ready for school, though. I feel like I have the bull by the horns, and I will tackle this last year with full speed. I am SO ready! I spent a few days last week getting moved into housing with my classmates, so that much is done. Spent a few nights there to get myself used to the new surroundings. That went well. I think we will all get along great.

Had to come back for the weekend as I had a doc appointment with my Orthopedist today. Just trying to get things squared away before school starts as I won't have time then. I've been having pain issues in my left arm for almost a year. It comes and goes. Anyhow, they did an MRI last week and got the results today. Nothing major. Just a partial tear in the long head of the biceps. Likely from lifting something too heavy or going crazy with my tennis backhand swings. Of course, I have allowed it to get worse by nontreatment. I know I am not graceful when playing fast and intense and know I put too much pressure on my swing at times. Who knows. Sooooooo, will be extremely interesting to try and be good to the arm as school is likely not going to allow me to do that while constanting picking up a backpack full of 30 pounds of books or more. Who wants to carry my books? Laughing Can't take NSAIDs as I only have one kidney. Mind control over pain control. We can all do that, right? Yes!

I hope the little guy feels better soon, Mz Izz. Your posts are so dang cute. Love reading them.

Well, I best get my butt out of this chair and back on the move.

Catch ya'll soon......if ya don't catch me first.

((((Crew))))
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 04:45 pm
@Stormwatch,
Stormwatch wrote:

Hi everyone

Just a quick stop in to let everyone know all is well...I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I've been real busy between my real job and my fun job.

mismi glad to hear the boys are still playing ball. Those single elimination tournaments do suck, can't even build momentum. N's playing fall ball bumped up to varsity level. He's the youngest on the team which goes 16-18. It's fun to watch the real big boys play. They faced a pitcher yesterday who threw in the upper 80 mph...our team couldn't hit him. It left some of our boys a bit frustrated. It's good for them to see it though...a little taste of whats to come.

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm going to have to pop in more often it looks like theres a lot of reading I have to catch up on.

So very good to hear from you Stormy - we knew you'd be busy... so glad you had a good vacation - madness back at school now a? (((Stormy)))

You too Babbling - glad you're settling in - enjoy girlie - and take it easy with the injury - tho, if we do get teams on the ship, I baggsy your on my team now I know how good you are... lookout Margo - you have been challenged to a match. BEagle - you can be umpire - not too many rum and cokes sitting in the high chair tho.

Blue - well, he's gonna have to be our ball boy Wink... dressed apporpriately of course... <ahem................ sigh Razz >

OK - I'm late to bed - must go and get some zzzzz's. Have a shoot at school tomorrow - yay, I get to play most of the day - taking my prime 50mm - oh man, I love that lens... it's a dream.

Lovin the crew - see ya tomorrow if I can keep my eyes open.

Nighty night folksies.

x

ZyP - ooooh that Steve Kay... of course, know him well Mr. Green
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 08:47 pm
Yikes - a tennis challenge!! - and me with bugger-all backhand!

Is Roger Federer still in town? - I could use some lessons. I regularly pray for Roger Federer's backhand. One morning he'll wake up and find he just can't wallop a backhand any more - and he won't know where it's gone! Razz

Glad to see all are well - apart from S-boy - who'll recover pretty soon - or I'll have to call him again!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:26:42