"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:21 am
@spendius,
Afternoon Y'all Very Happy

Busy busy day!

Won't be home for 'nother coupla hours - but in the meantime Spendi, as you're obviously in a talkative mood - if you'd like to enlighten me on what the quote below means - I'd appreciate it.

spendius wrote:

Huxley might well have been talking about this thread. The vulgarity is painful on here.

I'm obviously missing a piece of the jigsaw!
izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:30 am
@Izzie,
I'm knackered over this cider. I don't have a fruit press, so I'm using a food processor to pulp it up in batches, then pouring boiling water over it. So far I've got a bit under 3 gallons of juice, my keg holds about 5.5 gallons. I've just whizzed up another load of apples, and will add the juice Thursday. Still got loads of apples left.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:34 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

but in the meantime Spendi, as you're obviously in a talkative mood - if you'd like to enlighten me on what the quote below means - I'd appreciate it.

Spendi is commenting on an extract from Huxley's Eyeless in Gaza, which I posted because it reminds me of him. (Reproduced below)

Quote:
Ox in cup. The words, the basely comic image, spotted the home counties that summer and autumn like a skin disease. One of a score of nasty and discreditable infections. The train which carried Anthony Beavis into Surrey rolled through mile-long eczemas of vulgarity. Pills, soaps, cough drops and - more glaringly inflamed and scabby than all the rest - beef essence, the cupped ox.

Izzie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 08:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Izzie wrote:

but in the meantime Spendi, as you're obviously in a talkative mood - if you'd like to enlighten me on what the quote below means - I'd appreciate it.

Spendi is commenting on an extract from Huxley's Eyeless in Gaza, which I posted because it reminds me of him. (Reproduced below)

Quote:
Ox in cup. The words, the basely comic image, spotted the home counties that summer and autumn like a skin disease. One of a score of nasty and discreditable infections. The train which carried Anthony Beavis into Surrey rolled through mile-long eczemas of vulgarity. Pills, soaps, cough drops and - more glaringly inflamed and scabby than all the rest - beef essence, the cupped ox.

Hey Zy - yep, I get the ref to Huxley hence my Sybille Jigsaw remark - I just don't get his reference to this thread - but I'm knackered too and not firing on all cylinders; am thinking he's having a pop at our chittering here. So, I'll press a little further I guess.

'eh, Brave New World and all that Wink

I was meant to be going to pick up something from t'other county but am too knackered - so gonna go for a zzzzzz - work was manic manic manic <blech>

Good luck with your pressing. Man, you're pretty handy in the kitchen - can't say I enjoy cooking or ought like that - but then I'm not that keen on food... or drink, 'ceptin' tea! Dayum, do love bovril on toast tho Very Happy

izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 08:39 am
@Izzie,
I don't get his reference to this thread either. I've just been admonished by Spendi on The British Thread, for demonstrating my knowledge of a few French words. Guess I'm too macho (his words, not mine.)

Anyway, got to log off, someone else needs the computer.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 08:58 am
@Izzie,
I don't mind the "chittering" on here Izzie. But if nobody has a pop at it it might become the normal style of conversation.

Four of us were discussing how best to save Europe from imminent financial collapse the other night when we were interrupted by a drunken bimbo who had come over to show off the flesh her skimpy clothing allowed to be dispayed. And mighty fine flesh it was I must admit. It was a pity that she continually oscillated between pulling her hem downwards and her top upwards.

Anyway, in no time at all, we were all happily chittering. Her "wedges" were the main topic of conversation. And what time she went to work. Which was four hours before I wake up. Europe was quickly forgotten. The only trouble was that she had big feet and a couple of bunions.
JustBrooke

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 10:07 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Hi JustBrooke, you're bringing a ray of sunshine to the thread, enjoy the days left before returning to campus, ready for the salsa? Wink

Missed salsa with our sexy Dutchy. Sad You do give rain checks, yes? (((Dutchy)))

Who turned the heat off? Was at the campground nightly off-and-on all weekend. It went from really hot and not wanting to sit around the fire at night -- to so cool that you couldn't get close enough to the fire, not to mention close enough to soak in the collective body heat of others. Wink

Rest when you get home, Iz. I hope you had a good day, albeit long and tiring. xo

Good day to all yabbers! xo

Izzie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 12:34 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

But if nobody has a pop at it it might become the normal style of conversation.

So, you simply wished to be snide 'because you can' whilst, on the British thread, opining judgements about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Great Scott! Supercilious sanctimonious rather hard mouthed Spendi! Who knew?

Your apparent need to put 'chitterers' in their place because someone has to, and spitefully remind us that there are far more important going's on in the world, just seems unnecessary to me and rather bitchy. I'm sure you'll continue to stomp as you wish.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 12:41 pm
@JustBrooke,
Thanku Babbling - had a zzzzzz but feeling the downward turn already. I'm too too tired. It's been blowing a hooley here today and feels more like winter than autumn Shocked and I still can't reconcile where the last 6 months have gone!

(((Brooklyn))) big love xox
Letty

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 01:56 pm
@Izzie,
Dear Izzie, what you need is a soothing memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktsELcnnmDg

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:53 pm
@Izzie,
((Izzie)) rest well hun. How was work? Did you go back today? Or was that yesterday?

Hi there Brooke! Hello Letty! Good to see you both.

So many folkses yabbering on the yabber liner these days. That's a good thing right? Wink

Izzy with a Y - your concoctions sound wonderful. Sounds like a lot of work though! I have friends that brew beer at home...that can be interesting sometimes... but not something I have wanted to have again. Yet. Maybe they will find a good recipe and stick with it! Wink

((JPB)) ((Dutchy))

Ahh hello darling FQ. Thank you hun. It's fine. All's well...think of you often as well. Enjoy Prague! Sounds wonderful!

hugs and kisses y'all...going to find something for the boys to eat. Smile
spendius

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:00 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
.going to find something for the boys to eat.

I'm glad you have your priorities in order. Get into that kitchen and rattle them pots and pans. Babe.
mismi

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:09 pm
@spendius,
I have on the cutest little dress and apron - with 3 inch stilletto heels - just for you. Now watch me scratch my ass and pull my granny panties out of my crack as I walk away. Nice picture that - eh?
spendius

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:13 pm
@mismi,
Not bad. 6 inchers tighten the ass up at least twice as much as 3 inchers.
mismi

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:21 pm
@spendius,
Good luck with that.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:51 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi, love you in your 3 inch stiletto heels, accentuates your best asset. Wink

Where is Izzie this morning, early night after a busy day? Sleep well my English Rose.

Brooke will always make time availe for you no matter when and where, will be a privilege. Smile

JPB your regime is to strenuous can't keep up with you, admire your stamina though!
mismi

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:48 pm
@Dutchy,
Quote:
Hi mismi, love you in your 3 inch stiletto heels, accentuates your best asset

Ahhh - you are so good for my ego Dear Dutchy. Thank you! It's certainly my most noticeable "asset". ha ha... Wink

How are you today?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 09:05 pm
@mismi,
Oh mismi you read my mind so well. Smile I'm doing fine for an old fellow thank you, trying hard to dodge the chores Mrs.B has lined up for me. Take care my dear friend. (((mismi)))
FlavourQueen

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 05:19 am
@Dutchy,
Hello dear Dutchy and Missy - You make me laugh so much with the banter between you - so so sweet.

Sis- Hope work hasn't wiped you out too quickly already - I am sure it was good to catch up with everyone at school again.
Amy loved her first day back at school and seems to be really happy. making new friends in the boarding house which is great.
Brooke - Big love and hugs to you gorgeous and good luck with school.

Izzy - We need to arrange a cider fest - Loving a bit of scrumpy!!

Happy day to you all folks
FQ xx
0 Replies

FlavourQueen

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 05:20 am
@Dutchy,

Hello dear Dutchy and Missy - You make me laugh so much with the banter between you - so so sweet.

Sis- Hope work hasn't wiped you out too quickly already - I am sure it was good to catch up with everyone at school again.
Amy loved her first day back at school and seems to be really happy. making new friends in the boarding house which is great.
Brooke - Big love and hugs to you gorgeous and good luck with school.

Izzy - We need to arrange a cider fest - Loving a bit of scrumpy!!

Happy day to you all folks
FQ xx

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:08:52