"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 05:49 am
@FlavourQueen,
Hi FlavourQueen, nice to see you, you wear 6 inch stilettos I'm led to believe. Good to see Amy settling well in at school, will put your mind at ease. Cider fest sounds good, does that gear make you tipsy, never tasted it. Personally I'm a rum and coke man, gets the best out of me. Laughing
Hugs from downunder. (((FQ)))
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 12:20 pm
@FlavourQueen,
FlavourQueen wrote:

Izzy - We need to arrange a cider fest - Loving a bit of scrumpy!!

You're more than welcome, but we don't know what it's like yet. This is a tree of eaters, not cider apples. It did make good wine though, and I have stuck some crab apples, bramleys and pears into the mix, but not many.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 01:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I doubt I have the patience to make wine.
I have made faux limoncello, and that turned out great, as did my one effort making a homemade Kahlua/Tia Maria type liqueur.

Hmmm, homemade faux Calvados.... now there's an idea.

Off to see if that's been done. Which pears? Comice are my favorites.

And all this reminds me of littlek's rumtopf thread. No, wait, it was in Msolga's Ask the A2k Cooks thread. Time to plan, Fall is almost here.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 01:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Off to see if that's been done. Which pears? Comice are my favorites.

Discount special offer pears. More to add vairity than anything else. Conventional wisdom says the best cider is made from more than one variety of apple, so any variation helps. I didn't have a lot of patience at first, now I'm happy to forget about it for a year. The main thing that's offputting is the cost of all the kit. Once you've got it, it seems a shame not to use up the glut of fruit/veg that happens every now and then.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 07:49 pm
@Dutchy,
Oh I know you like talking about my fluffy parts. For shame. ((Dutchy)) Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hello FQ! Yep - Dutchy is lovely to banter with. Smile He is so charming and he lets me get away with all kinds of mischief! Wink
So happy to see you around here girly! One day I swear I will come over there and be able to visit with you and sweet Izzie. One day. ((FQ))
Dutchy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 07:32 pm
@mismi,
Here we are a day later and no appearance of Izzie, where are you darling, computer playing up or to tired?

Mismi I'll never give up admiring you, fluffy parts and all, you are my ideal woman. Wink

I do hope you make it to the UK one day miss sunshine, love to be a fly on the wall with you, FQ and Izzie together. Laughing

Not much happening here, just sharpening up my Tanga and Salsa steps, for my next encounter with Izzie and Brooke. Wink

(((crew)))
Izzie

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 02:23 am
@Dutchy,
Hello dahlings Very Happy

Ima here! No work today – phew – I’m too exhausted – this first week has been incredibly oof! Even tho I only work a few hours, my body decides to shut down each afternoon and forces me into early nights with my potion to be able to get thru the next day. Am going to try and get some sleep today after the doors man has been around – could do with going back to bed now but need to get on with some chores. The hoover beckons.

Anyhoo – little fella had a great first week back at school- 4th form now and he’s started his options Shocked He’s got his first match of the season tomorrow and is soooooo excited Very Happy He’s wing man again so we’ll have to wait and see how ‘big’ the other team are before they make a call on him. Worries me a tad tho. He’s of the opinion that ‘nothing is going to stop him playing’ so… fingers crossed – he’s got the speed; hoping he’ll fly by the bigguns. We watched this again t’other day – he’s only grown about 2-3 inches since then whereas the other kids have grown between 6-9”. I have to trust his coach will pull him out if he starts to get mashed.

‘Double, double toil and trouble’ audition took place yesterday – Macbeth school play – ‘tis gonna be a busy term for him.

Sis – I love you. Not so keen on anything apples tho, 'cept strudel and crumble – pears are good! Mmmmm. K-bro will need to come and get my sloes! Talk soon. x

OK – getting ready to cheer on our boys this weekend - C’MON ENGLAND – with you all the way! Jonny’s first up for the Argentinan match of the Rugby World Cup but Flood will be swapped in and out for the matches – C’MON LADS! I would love to be in NZ right now (heh, I’d love to be in NZ full stop). Margo – do hope you will be watching Razz <cough, 2003, cough> Wink-

BEAgle – hope you’ll join me too in watching some matches! You know how awfully loud I get, but don’t let that put you off! Wink

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fixtures/poolstage.html

NZ v TONGA on now.

Missy – so good to see you posting Very Happy (((Missy)))x

((Babbling))x

Letty – thanku – I had taken to my bed when you posted. Hugs and love to you.

((Boida)) thinking of you...

ZyP – did you finish all your cider making? Hoping all has been good for the first week at school.

((Osso)) – takes hand, few more days to wait and then you’ll know what’s what!

((((Blue smooches))))xox you and yours x

Lovin’ the crew! x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:08 am
TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:49 am
@Izzie,
To be quite honest I didn't even know the rugby world cup was on until I read your post. I'm more concerned anout Nottingham Forest's trip to St. Marys.

I will finish my cider preparation today, I'm hampered by my lack of fermentation bins and lids, which means I need about a week to fill up my big barrel. I'll probably wait until Christmas before I taste it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:13 am
@Izzie,
I was sure this was a Tryagain sitting. Razz
Dutchy

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:41 am
@Izzie,
Are you sleepwalking and dreaming Izzie? Tryagain is nowhere to be seen, I just checked his favourite pub and the buxom barmaid said he is probably writing poetry in his hills hideout!
mismi

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 10:16 am
@Dutchy,
such a hillbilly
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 11:01 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Sitting?!?!?!?!?!

Laughing

Why, of course I meant siting.
Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 11:38 am
@Dutchy,
Hellllllo Crew

Dutchy wrote:

Are you sleepwalking and dreaming Izzie?

no no, we scored! Wink England WON... only just tho - man, talk about tenterhooks! They didn't play well, but, they won. Jonny didn't kick well today <tragic> Anyhoo - he converted so... one down, more matches to win.

Went up to the little fella's school for his match and... they were the lost boys today - they got hammered actually but managed to keep their heads up - t'other team were much more organised. Our tackling left something to be desired - they did well tho, in that, this was their first match together and they are beginning to gel. It can only get better lalalllllallalllalla Razz Proud of them - fabulous effort from one and all.

Little fella got a boot in the head <ack>. Fortunately tho, after last seasons injuries, the team didn't sustain any serious knocks today - that's always a good thing.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GSeuLIIODJ0/TmuPlDbKB6I/AAAAAAAASfU/BspO0HlCszg/s640/DSC01383.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qI6csM6zC24/TmuPr32KZbI/AAAAAAAASfY/jDFDpemIXcQ/s640/DSC01395.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-imUDtKYn2Ss/TmuPxEX5yYI/AAAAAAAASfc/dEUSPWFdjp0/s640/DSC01397.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yjOuf-Hd-eA/TmuP47_jcPI/AAAAAAAASfg/NY7Uxf5n67Y/s640/DSC01398.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YNzaerawv8I/TmuQAGyrwXI/AAAAAAAASfk/WlXTvY34U8U/s640/DSC01399.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HZDrTgp6H-g/TmuQHla7-5I/AAAAAAAASfo/UQkU5PYoCI4/s640/DSC01400.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-J28pzq3apyw/TmuQPx6i4mI/AAAAAAAASfs/fz5ccS4DEnE/s640/DSC01407.JPG

and the rest of the lads to some Jethro

JPB wrote:

ha <chuckles> - talking of our Try - well, heh, couldn't ever kick him into touch Razz Missing ((((Blue)))) madly. Get out of them thar hills and back in the nest!

((Missy)) - will you give him a shout please, we should try again, could do with a Blue smooch. Enjoy the rest of your day Mis and hope they boyz do well tomorrow.

JPB - give JfC and jw a hug from me when you see them next week. Y'all have a good time with MaP. x

izzythepush wrote:

To be quite honest I didn't even know the rugby world cup was on

ah, well, you're a footie fan - I reckon you may be celebrating right now - the Saints will be shining their halo's! They did good.

Okeydokey, off to get summat to eat - not a clue what tho. Catch ya later...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 11:39 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

JPB wrote:

Sitting?!?!?!?!?!

Laughing

Why, of course I meant siting.

hahahaha... or even a sighting Razz

or a sighing Wink

JPB

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:14 pm
@Izzie,
Laughing Razz Embarrassed

yep, any of those would work too.

lunch was fish stew. yummy. I made extra. Want some?

edit: YIKES! on the kick in the head. How's he feel?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:15 pm
@JPB,
like he got kicked in the head?

silly girls...
JPB

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:20 pm
@Rockhead,
watchit buster.

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

like he got kicked in the head?

silly girls...

ok, so that made me laugh

He has an egg on his noggin Shocked but he says it doesn't hurt Very Happy He feels like his muscles have had a massive workout and his knee has been collapsing since the match <darn VMO> - next week they're playing at my old school in the town which should be a GREAT match - so he'll need to brace his knee which should support the patella. Until he starts growing etc - the VMO is going to continue to be a nuisance - but ya know, he won't let it stop him - he loves the game. The ref today was the Headmaster - we do have to trust that they won't put him out there if the opponents will mash him - but in saying that, we're really hoping he will start to grow a little more soon so it won't be so much of an issue.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:59 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie, attention Izzie... Federer in close match here: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/index.html

This is redundant to the pm, just wanting you to know about it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:38:15