"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

roger

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 02:27 pm
@Dutchy,
Too right, Dutchy. That did a lot for my paternal instincts, too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 04:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Calvados! Love it. Calvados varies though. Not that I've had it all that often, but I can discern the difference. I bought some inexpensive Calvados here in New Mexico (not the place to find a great selection of booze or wine. A little spare on beer variety here too.)

We had some Calvados when I passed my boards back in the eighties, so it's a celebratory thing for me. I gather cooking with it can be a good thing, but given the pricing, that would be like pouring molten gold into the roasting pan.

Hmmm, Brooke might enjoy that.. (Calvados, I mean)
mismi

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 06:20 pm
@Izzie,
Happy Fathers Day Dear Dutchy! Sounds like you had a good day! So happy.

Brooke! You're beautiful! Cancun is beautiful. It's good to see you girly - so glad you had fun!

No nap today sweet Izzie. But I am off tomorrow - so I am partying a little tonight! I have Margaritas (even on a blue law Sunday in the south :p )
Take care of you.

((JPB))

Having a tropical storm here right now. The lights keep trying to go off on me. Hate that. Lee is not so very bad as she is messy. I am not quite sure what I was thinking when I got out in the yard yesterday and blew off the driveway and swept the front porch - cuz I'll be doing it again as soon as the rain passes. But we needed the rain and the low pressure she is bringing in is making it nice and cool here as well. I am so happy about a week in the 70's....wow. Not normally seen until we are well into October.

We have a lot of older folks at my church...a lot of young folks as well...but we are just now seeing some of our dear older ones pass away. It breaks my heart. Just found out another sweet lady is not expected to live but a couple of weeks. Truly is a blow. We have never had this many pass in so short a time. It perplexes me. I don't know quite how to behave. So I'm weepy. But it's life. So many of them led such wonderful lives. Sweet examples - amazing hearts and every memorial for them makes me want to be just like them. Which in and of itself is a pretty awesome tribute to their lives.

Okay folkses. I am off. I need to play Call of Duty with S. I suck at it - but they keep telling me if I would improve their friends would think I was awesome. Well of course I want their friends to think I am awesome...so off to practice - because who doesn't want to be thought of as awesome by a bunch of 11 year old boys - wait a second. That could be misconstrued.

Wink

Hugs and kisses to you all.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 06:36 pm
@mismi,
Thank you dear mismi, Brooke, JPB and Izzie for Father's Day wishes, I felt so privileged with my son flying in from Interstate and my three grand kids phoning me for a lengthy chat.

Today (Monday morning) brought down back to reality as I'm taking Mrs.B shopping, need to push the trolley and pay the bills. Laughing Such is life.

Izzie enjoy your last day home before going back to work. Waves and hugs to all the fabulous crew.
Izzie

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 01:14 am
@Dutchy,
Goooood Morning Dahling's Very Happy

WOW - up early and little is fella is back to school. (Ha, neither alarm went off, so the early morning panic when you waken up and certainly realise you have 20 minutes to get dressed, fed and be on the bus 4 miles up the road kicked in Razz )

Really sunny at the moment, still low and splitting the trees streaming into the lounge; gorgeous drive to the next village, GORGEOUS; the rain is headed our way tho.

Retired early last night and gonna have to be early tonight - dang, must try and get into some kind of routine again.

Missssy - happy to see you girlie - yep hun, I know your heart is aching right now (((((Mis))))) - that circle of life. Your faith will carry you through these times - tho I realise, your heart will still hurt. I wish I could find the right words to say... (((((Missy))))) x

Keeping an eye on Lee from here - stay safe girlie - love you much and hugs to you, the Professor and those boyz.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/05/us-storm-usa-tornadoes-idUSTRE7831GM20110905

Afternoon BEAgle - ha, I bet you're like a kid in a sweety store when you push that trolley around the supermarket. Do hope you have a supply of Earl Grey in Wink ((D)) x

(((smooches to Blue))) xox and yours x

Great to see so many jumping aboard and having a chin wag

(((Crew)))

izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 02:39 am
@Izzie,
Beautiful day in Southampton too, just taken my little boy to his new school, nervous smiles all round.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 04:48 am
@ossobuco,
After reading your post I had to have a little nip before I retired. Calvados isn't too pricey here, due to our proximity to Normandy. The following recipe uses calvados and is gorgeous. I make it using a pie dish, and I also put a bit of vanilla in the custard mix, other than that I follow it religiously.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/appletartmamanblanc_93268
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 04:54 am
@izzythepush,
I do hope all goes well for him today. Will be thinking good thoughts for the little fellow.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 04:55 am
Me and my borrowed camera have a bit of a thang going on. I'm channelling pinks, blues and poiples right now. Unfortunately, I scratched the glass table top - tsk tsk tsk.

One minute it's bright sunshine, next moment it's tipping it down - feels more like April than September...

September... that doesn't even seem possible - it's SEPTEMBER.

Where, when...? There's so much I want to do - will I ever have the time?

dayum - couldn't put up the official video - maaaaaan... <schniff>
FlavourQueen

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:38 am
@Izzie,
Hello Yabberers

Just hopped on board before the week kicks in -
Just taken my beautiful Amy back to Boarding school - she looked so grown up -soon will be 17 and my 19 year old J will be going off to University next week, so I am going to be lost without them around.
Brooke - It was so wonderful to hear about your holiday in Cancun - you look AMAZING girlie - you gotta tan that Izzie and I could only dream of, or in my case, get out of a bottle!! - I totally inderstood when you said about finding that softness again and peace with the dolphine - since my all clear, I have found so much peace in myself - ((( Brooke)))
Happy belated Fathers day Dutchy - I am so glad you were spoilt and that the kids came to see you - You are a very special dad indeed and I am glad they treasure you so much.
Hello to Izzythe push ( I am Izzie's soul sister) and heard a lot about you:)
Missy - how are you sweet lady? - You are often in my thoughts and prayers, even though I am not in line very often - Big hugs sweetie.

I am off to Prague this week with work, which should be fantastic - I love the city so much and am really looking forward to it.

JPB, Osso, Roberta and Wandel - Hope this finds you all well.

Have a wonderful happy day guys

Big hugs
FQ xxxx
wandeljw

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:44 am
@FlavourQueen,
Very nice to hear from you, FQ-Sis. I hope you are doing well.
spendius

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:17 am
@wandeljw,
It must be something like this in Heaven wande.

Not a bit like in Evolution where it's all red in tooth a claw and even the plants are trying to stop anything else getting any sunlight.

Christianity certainly has been a wonderful thing don't you think?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:46 am
@FlavourQueen,
Hi, FQ. Hope you enjoy Prague. It's great, I was there two years ago, I bought my son a wonderful wolf marionette. The best thing about Prague, other than the clock, the golem and Charles bridge is this stuff.
http://bengaliboypaul.com/images/PicsOH/PilsnerUrquell.jpg
Available by the litre.
spendius

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:55 am
@izzythepush,
All cities are the same. Dens of iniquity, corruption, depravity, stink, noise, alienation and large scale looting of the countryside.

Why anybody would voluntarily spend time in a city is beyond me.
JPB

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:56 am
@spendius,
Because we're on a cruise ship here, grumpus, and that's what cruise ships do. Sounds like someone could use a snooze on deck.

Hey, Miz Iz! Hoping your day is going well. I should be around all day if you want to catch up by phone. Send me a ping and I'll give you a call.

((((( Miss Mis ))))) I know you're struggling, hun. Thinking of you and the joy being with all those young and not so young boys bring you.
spendius

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:05 am
@JPB,
I used to know a chap who was an officer on the QE2. The tales he told about it were quite shocking.

If young boys bring joy to Mamma they are doing something wrong.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:26 am
@JPB,
Quote:
Because we're on a cruise ship here, grumpus,

I'n not sufficiently grumpy to require distractions like cruise ships to relieve it.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:42 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I'n not sufficiently grumpy to require distractions like cruise ships to relieve it.

Well someone needs an enema.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 03:31 pm
@FlavourQueen,
Evening FQ, great to see you on board, eventhough fleetingly, gee you get around, France and Germany one day and now Prague, any language difficulties or are you fluent in several tongues? Wishing you a great week. (((FQ)))

Early night for Izzie, work in the morning, rest well Captain. xxx

Spendi lift your game, just because Arsenal got a hiding from Manchester, no need to be grumpy, the Gunners will live another day.

JPB, how is the new direction going, keeping to your schedule?

Bosun travelling to town today, just love the hustle and bustle of the big city. Great fun to give the parking inspectors a run for their money, I'll drive them nuts. Laughing

Special thoughts to dear mismi, I loved your post.

Cheers to everybody far and wide.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 03:37 pm
@spendius,
Gee, Spendi, you do this taunt **** in Yabber-liner? Give it a rest.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:18:28