"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

JPB

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:06 am
@Izzie,
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Is right!

Holy crahp! I'm sorry you've had your last week of break stolen back from you. What a downer!!!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:08 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, what a bummer going back earlier than expected, will you be ready? Smile Just got of the phone from talking to M. will fly over for his mother's birthday on Friday for a few hours. Have to keep it a secret for Mrs.B

Officially Spring starts tomorrow and lovely sunshine has been forecast for the next few days, sick of the rain and cold.

Anybody knows if Hurricane Irene struck the State of New Hampshire? One of our crew members lives there and hasn't posted for over a month, I'm a liitle bit worried.

Heading off to dreamland shortly, have a nice day everybody.
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:27 am
@Dutchy,
Hey JPB and Bosun - ha! yep, only been off for 6 weeks, you'da thought they'd let me have a few more days Wink Mr. Green I just ate a Mars Bar to console myself Razz

Have just cancelled the window people coming around tomorrow but have 2 deliveries arriving so there's not much I can do about that - will just have to rearrange them for another day (darn it).

Ooooh, better phone Tulip and make sure she's not supposed to be going back tomorrow - she works in a different county so they may have different dates to us.

Oh my - I'm all of a dither now Very Happy Best sit down and have a cuppa!

BEAgle - yep, tad worried for Stormy too - hoping she's just been real busy with bball and all - posivibing for her to jump aboard when she can and let us know she's OK. Everything I'm seeing re Irene is pointing to Vermont being hit hard - hopefully all will be well with her and the family. Ohhhhhhhhhhmmming....

Do send MrsB my love - how lovely that M will be flying in - bless that boy and YAY for sunshine and Spring Down Under. Sunny here today with a bit of a breeze but certainly the nights are autumnal. Love Autumn - all the changes in colour - mmmmmmmmm.

OK, putting kettle on and then should finish off naming and ironing S-boys uniform. Bless him - he's still so tiny and is desperate to start playing rugby again... but I think this year they may prevent him from doing so because of his stature. He'll be devastated if they do... so keeping fingers crossed that he'll remain the wing man.

Talking of wing men...

no actually, I better go and phone Tulip before I start chittering away about something else - will be back later after I've gathered my thoughts.

Wooton Bassett is on my mind and another 42 commando who died yesterday...

gone gone gone... see you in the morning (((D))) x

(((JPB))) - love you much x

JPB

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:28 am
@Dutchy,
It depends on where in NH, dutchy. The SW corner of NH got hit pretty hard. The rest of the state got a lot of rain but I haven't heard of any flooding problems outside of the river basins. Not posting in a month, though, could be something totally unrelated to Irene. Summer holiday, perhaps?

Edit: Although, I do know that an awful lot of folks throughout New England are still without power. Your friend might be fine but unable to post.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 07:41 am
@Izzie,
Ah... Stormy... I think she may be in the Keene area which is, indeed, in the SW corner of NH. If she's had a long absence, though, I'd guess that she's off doing other things.
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:28 pm
@JPB,
ewwwww.... feel sick sick sick sick sick eewwwwww - there is the biggest effing spider in the garage on the wall....

i've got the major heeby jeebies now - yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk

can't bear it, nasty, yuk - feel sick, dammit.

and breathe

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:31 pm
@Izzie,
Empathy from here. Do you know what kind it is? (makes effort to sound sane about spiders).
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:38 pm
@ossobuco,
it's of the disgustingly big brown mamafuffer house variety - huge legs and big fangs and i know if i turned around it would jump on my back and eat me like they did on Dr Who in Planet of The Spiders when i was about 4 years old as i hid behind the couch.

ugh

sane - who moi!!!! totally irrational and ridiculous!!!!

i've been watching one of the big yellow bummed ones in the garden for the last few days tho it was too big for me to photograph, even watched it spin it's capture today but did start getting the heeby jeebies even seeing that, but can't make myself get rid of it - ya know, it was on a big bush in the garden but ewwww

dayum, give me a snake or rat but not something with 8 legs that can move faster than me

<dribbling wreck that I am>
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 02:48 pm
ok, being proactive now - have stuffed the keyhole with loo paper so it can't get into the house - don't know when I'll be able to go back into the garage tho as I don't think I can walk through the door in case it's above the door and by the time i get into the garage, i'll then be trapped <shudder> - so will wait until F-boy comes home tomorrow with S-boy. F-boy isn't skeeert of spiders so... good, that's good then.

Now, I need to go iron something.

JPB

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 03:01 pm
@Izzie,
yer funny!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 03:09 pm
@Izzie,
The second Harry Potter movie had a scary spider scene. I told Annie that I like spiders and they are actually good, not evil. Annie said to me, "It's only a movie, Dad!"
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 03:12 pm
@Dutchy,
Of course the boys Dear Dutchy! ((Dutchy)) Didn't mean to leave you out!
Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 03:58 pm
@mismi,
Thank you for thinking of us dear miss sunshine you're so well meaning. What are we going to do about Izzie and her spider? Where is S-boy, sure he can fix the problem!

No word from Stormy yet, more worried now after what JPB wrote. She is a teacher JPB, have the schools resumed in the US after the summer vacation?

Bosun busy today, taking relatives to the airport who will be travelling to Europe and South America on an 8 week trip. My niece and hubby will be doing a tour of the UK and Ireland first up, sister and hubby will tour the Greek Islands for starters before meeting up with relatives in Germany and the Netherlands.

Waves to all from a sunny downunder.
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 04:11 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey Danny - Stormy may well be tied up with school stuff at the beginning of term - it's usually pretty manic the first week back getting kids into their new classes and she's a SpEd teacher so... she'll have a lot to catch up on her new kids. Try not to worry - keep emailing and hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

Must go to bed now - S-boy is over at Tulips but the boys are coming back here for the night.

gotta go zzzzzzzzzz now - catchy'all after work (we're having a camp fire and baked spuds for our team talk - love it!)

G'nite Down Under from Up Above BEAgle x

(((((Missy)))) thinking of you

((((JPB, Osso))))

Blue xox x

those near and far as Wooton Bassett takes down the Flag of the Union and hands over to RAF Brize Norton. <sigh> First repatriation of Barry Weston next week.

Thinking of all those who serve to protect our nations. c
Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 04:15 pm
@Izzie,
Goodnight dear Izzie, sleep well. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 09:25 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Now, you’ll not see that verra often! “Just Jane” flew over us – we believe this is the only remaining Lancaster flying in the world – so… it was pretty special – moreso as we had our “forces” with us at the time – in person and spirit.

There are two left. The other is in Canada. The Avro Lancaster. I saw it tonight - in rehearsal for the air show which will be on this weekend. After reading your post, I'd wondered if it was out of commission but, no, we saw it. So nice. Part of a special evening.

http://www.cias.org/content/view/37/52/

It's always great to see it again.
Izzie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 07:51 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

There are two left. The other is in Canada. The Avro Lancaster. I saw it tonight - in rehearsal for the air show which will be on this weekend. After reading your post, I'd wondered if it was out of commission but, no, we saw it. So nice. Part of a special evening.

http://www.cias.org/content/view/37/52/

It's always great to see it again.

How happy is that! Very Happy I did research it a bit before I posted, and on wiki it did say there was one other one in Canada, but K-bro didn't think it was airworthy. Am so pleased Beth - kinda makes it extra special that you saw one too across the pond and she's residing in Canada. (((Bethie))) love love xx
Izzie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 07:52 am
@Izzie,
Afternoon Crew

BEAUTIFUL DAY here in the South West… around 22degC and sunshine and brilliant blue skies. FABULOUS.

Had the best morning at work – got there at 9am and saw all my colleagues – we had such a great catch up sat around this…

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gzaMd1VwK-E/Tl-Kn9qIL9I/AAAAAAAASdI/TFMH_SVF1bs/s800/IMG_0072.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Oc5Xbm87hGc/Tl-K1_a2ceI/AAAAAAAASdQ/lUu_sFqYyQU/s640/IMG_0076.JPG

We’re encouraging forest skills and are leading our kids into outdoor education with a difference (they’re such lucky kids Wink ). So, as it was a non-pupil day, the staff who were able to come in today had our meeting around the fire, with hot chocolate

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZjrGuw70HbQ/Tl-K8ARJaFI/AAAAAAAASdU/CM3pJsBNNik/s640/IMG_0077.JPG

Whisk… as ya do!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3PFQu2sX2XY/Tl-K-wxq3SI/AAAAAAAASdY/C8vM8k5iUGs/s640/IMG_0078.JPG
And marshmallows on sticks

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-bpeh6rZx0ZQ/Tl-KwMsQ6AI/AAAAAAAASdM/7DH08DucnHM/s640/IMG_0075.JPG

And baked spuds in the pot for lunch! mmmmmmmmmm

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jYORYweiY4U/Tl-LGqx2XRI/AAAAAAAASdc/7H06sOt-YBo/s640/IMG_0080.JPG

Ha – we had to do some basic biometric psych testing which was just brilliant – ahahahhhha – I am a “Completer” which means, I don’t ‘let go’ – well, made me laugh as my boss already had decided I was a Completer. We had a coupla Implementers, some Plants Shocked and various others – which all in all makes us an excellent team – You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. ~Doug Floyd!!! We sometimes get a little out of tune, but we get the job done and we came up with a plan to improve life at work and the life/work balance - everyone talking really open and honest about any little niggles we have - we laughed a lot too. It really was nice to see everyone again tho one of our colleagues, my good friend L, is not back at school yet (long story) and we missed her terribly. Hoping and praying for her son, one of our Yr6’s and for the family.

I’m not back in until Tuesday now (bless my boss saying I don’t have to go into tomorrow) Very Happy

Anyhoo – got home and had to go into the garage, saw the loo paper in the keyhole and decided not to risk it on my own, so asked my neighbour to come in and check that nasty 8-legged thing wasn’t gonna drop down on top of me if I walked in. It wasn’t there, which means it’s scuttling somewhere <shudders>, but I got some food out of the freezer for the boys tonight when they come home. Door is now firmly closed again. Blech.

Now, the best news… out of the 2000, K-bro did not lose his job in the defence cuts… Charlie, we, are all delighted – big weight off the shoulders. <phew>

OK, going to sit in the garden for a bit with a cuppa – gosh, I do feel pretty good right now (other than the phobic thing) and it’s so great to be as well as I am.

Thinking of those near and far…

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 08:01 am
@Izzie,
Ditto beautiful day in the South. I'm shattered, I've just cut down four trees with an axe. Not big trees, but trees nonetheless. They would have threatenened the foundations had they been allowed to go on much longer. I'm off to the Dorset Steam Fair on Saturday.
http://www.horsington.co.uk/images/great_dorset_steam_fair.jpg
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 10:47 am
Hi IZZIE!!
Cool pictures! How do you get them on your threads/posts/boards? What ever you call them.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:37:08