"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:30 pm
@ehBeth,
I think so Very Happy Warm ....... it could almost envelop one in lurve, wholesome hearty colour Razz
ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:41 pm
@Izzie,
 http://wysockiit.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/jack-vettriano-the-singing-butler-medium-size-2050251.jpg

I've always been taken with the staff's hats.

Poifect.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Reminded me of Renoir's Umbrellas.
Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
hey ci... that just brought back memories of our jaunt around The Art Insitute in Chi-town and seeing this beautiful Seurat

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Georges_Seurat_-_Un_dimanche_apr%C3%A8s-midi_%C3%A0_l%27%C3%8Ele_de_la_Grande_Jatte.jpg

I know this artist has a special fan in the crew Mr. Green

and I believe Bethie's HIM does a rather good impression too (ahhahaha - geddit) <groans>

I love the Singing Butler... it encompasses a lot of feelings I have for the beach and the sand between my toes - I love that she has a ballgown on and is dancing with no shoes - it it something I can feel when I close my eyes. Razz

ooooooooooh goodness, must go to bed - thought it was about 11pm... but it's 1am already Shocked and it's gonna be another chipping off and sanding down day tomorrow (not sure my shoulders can do sanding - we'll see, things are surprising me right now so maybe I CAN do it all) Confused

Thank y'all for letting me share my news, day and plans.

Sleep well y'all when the night beckons.

Morning to all our Down Unders xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

G'day, G'night x

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:23 pm
Red Currant Glory is a good choice, Izzie. I had been afraid that McTag was pushing you to use "mango yellow."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:44 pm
http://multiply.com/mu/ladypb298/image/1:plantspetspeople/photos/1/500x500/8/that-boy-in-the-topiary-park-nov-03.jpg?et=It0uM3z3yksmz0UrGFcVag&nmid=130300187
mismi

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 08:26 pm
@ehBeth,
I love Set. He totally cracks me up.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 11:54 pm
Yee-Hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 bits of good news!

1. Benign.

2. Redcurrant glory - fantastic colour - now I'm envious....and with that I can probably cope with neutrals. Ever so much better than poo-brown Twisted Evil

Great news!
Izzie

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 03:10 am
@margo,
Goooood Morning Crew - another beautiful day and the sun is high in the sky already. Great day for sanding walls (ugh - dislike sanding INTENSELY and my shoulders are complaining already - waiting for pain pills to kick in before I start) BUT - my body is somehow still going - quite remarkably well really Razz The weather is going to break tomorrow - we've a lot of rain headed our way.

Anyhoo, a little "tall table" and 2 chairs are arriving tomorrow (rattan as the conservatory temps get into the hundreds so my wish for wrought iron out there just 'aint gonna work - oh, burny bahookies). Clearance too - so that makes my purse a lot happier at a 10th of the chink chink chink dosh - love a 'bar jane' (bargain). The old table is going to refurbish - we had to leave my beautiful table at Links Tor Sad as it wouldn't fit in anything but the mansion - so, with regret, I left it for the new folks - so the old table was one I got when my ex and I first got together in 1989. Time for change Wink

wandeljw wrote:

Red Currant Glory is a good choice, Izzie. I had been afraid that McTag was pushing you to use "mango yellow."

hey jw, well, we had to laugh last night - trying to save pennies we went through all the paint in the garage and found a "clotted cream" colour lurking in the depths of beyond. So we hauled it out and thought "ooooh, that's kinda nice, maybe we could use this"... took the lid off (rusty lid I might add, PaPa woulda shouted at me as most of the rust ended up inside the tin) - got a paintbrush and splashed some on the remaining paint we haven't peeled off yet.... to discover that is the colour already on there, it blended in perfectly. Embarrassed There is not a chance in hell we are going to have "clotted cream" which is nice kinda yellowy cream (just like McTags yellow mangoes actually) on the walls - nope nope nope - having just spent 2 days peeling that off, it 'aint going back up ever ever ever!!!!!!!!!!

ehBeth wrote:

http://multiply.com/mu/ladypb298/image/1:plantspetspeople/photos/1/500x500/8/that-boy-in-the-topiary-park-nov-03.jpg?et=It0uM3z3yksmz0UrGFcVag&nmid=130300187

heh heh, yep that's image that gave me the impression - makes me chuckle bigtime - HIM's a naughty fella! oohooohhohooooooooh - his shirt is kinda similar to the redcurrant glory!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Now there's a sign if ever I needed one. Razz

Misssssy darling - been thinking of you so much and hope life is not whizzing too fast these days. Love you with all my heart girlie - so wish I could hug you for real. x

margo wrote:

Yee-Hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 bits of good news!

1. Benign.

2. Redcurrant glory - fantastic colour - now I'm envious....and with that I can probably cope with neutrals. Ever so much better than poo-brown Twisted Evil

Great news!

Aha Shelia Girl - I thought you'd like that Very Happy - the colour of deep red wine! I have never had a "bold colour" in a room before - so, I reckon it's worth a shot. If I no likey it, I'll just paint over with poo brown... or as we say down 'ere in Deb'n - Chocolate Chip or Muddy Puddle (oh, couldn't have Muddy Puddle on the walls - that just wouldn't be right a?)

Bethie - I love me a snazzy cushion - so I shall be on the lookout for accessorising. That's the only shopping I like - homewares, just love a cushion and a doona cover (hence why my wardrobe is sadly lacking in the fashion dept - so not important) Embarrassed Kinda nice to be living in shorts, T's and flip flops right now (best not say thongs!) - it's been a super summer so far.

((BEAgle)) < pats beak, strokes feathers >heap big love being sent to you and MrsB Down Under - love you D. x

((Blue)) xox miss you baby <channels thoughts, sends a quick shoulder massage, smooches you xox and yours x> Razz

OK - waffling and rambling - thinking of the world and those near and far - lovin' the crew - have great days y'all. xx

<now where's that sandpaper, tres, dos, uno...>

McTag

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 07:00 am
@Izzie,
Our big band play that Michael Buble song. Izzy, we need a singer.

Okay this weekend we're off to the Costa Clyde. The family has a flat in Millport, and we have access occasionally. That's not "family" as in Mafia...although I don't know...will there be enough mangoes of the right type?...can we lose the Buble CD?....if it doesn't rain, will the midges be bad?...and we've booked a steamer excursion, a day sail, to Tighnabruaich on Sunday. Brill. Memories of childhood flooding back.
Izzie

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 07:58 am
@McTag,
Hey Taggers - ahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaa - me too sing.... ok OK OKAAAAAAY.... probably better if I were to SIGN! Wink

Love "Feeling Good", and yes, I knew the band played that.

ahhhh, childhood memories for you - have wonderful time (don't forget the midgie spray !!!!!!) ((((Taggers))))

welllllllllllllllllll - we have got the carpets all folded back and rubbed down the skirting boards (actually, PaPa had to do that)... I'm about to start painting the coving around the ceiling so I thought I'd better just quickly let y'all know that REDCURRANT GLORY is such a no go... Sad OH MY - it's all a bit redbloodish... gave me quite a shiver actually, not a warm and fuzzy - so....

I'm now going for a greeny blue... ha! Either Flagon or Isobelle Shocked tho I am going to try a Velvet Plum too.

I know, rubbish 'aint I? - colour is such a difficult thing for me. Guess what tho - I am having DRAGONFLY in my kitchen which is a turquoise blue! Who Knew!

((((Missy)))) - hugs to you darlin' Dixie xxxxx

((((Blue)))) smooches you xox and yours x

Hoping all the crew are having a great day - thinking of those near and far... always...

edit: ooooooh oooooh ooooh, had to chuckle - the white paint starts off PINK, so you have to smoodge it all around - then as you put it on the coving, it turns beautifully white as it dries - luverly!!!!!!! all fluid and soooooo textury in a smooth sorta way - love PINK paint Very Happy

(little fella has a paintbrush in his hand - this is always a worrying time for a MaMa! Wink Razz )

now, question is, how much will I be able to flick on the walls - I so want to Pollock!

0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:54 pm
Hiya landlubbers, how are all uhall?

What can I say; Charon is a putz, that’s what! Trying to get a return ticket from that guy is only slightly less difficult than getting Missy out on a date!
Don’t even get me started on the exchange rate of how many denarius, sestertius and dupondius there are to the dollar. Anyhoo, from one craft to another…

Dear sweet Izzie, I was so pleased to read that someone was watching out for you and that the medical procedure was a success. It was heartening to see you have a health service that is not only fast; but free. I wish you rejuvenation and creative spirit. ((((IZZ)))))))) (Sorry if it’s a bit lop sided!)) A hands on approach is called for.

Now, sum of you may have seen the headlines…
Texas is burning from border to border': Million acres scorched after wildfires blaze for a week

Well, it’s been hotter than Hades:
The fires have eaten up a million acres and destroyed at least 170 homes after burning for more than a week and fire crews from 34 states have now joined the effort to bring them under control.

April Saginor, from the Texas Forest Service, told CNN Radio: 'We're actually seeing Texas burn from border to border. We've got it in West Texas, East Texas, in North Texas, in South Texas - it's all over the state.'

So you can well imagine my delight when I was offered relief in the form of colonic irrigation, I thought that would be the end of my problems……. End of my problems; my ass !!!

Talking of medical matters… Does anyone have a cure for memory loss?

The thing is there is this girl who works on the ranch that looks absolutely stunning (sans the hairy boyfriend) like our Brooke. Needless to say when I saw her enter the barn with a hog under each arm my resolve was subsumed by lust and I jumped her bones….. She looked up at me and in a dark brown voice, said, “Gittoff you obese hillbilly”

First up, ‘Gittoff’ aren’t not my nom de plume!
Thirdly, round these here neck of the woods 285 pounds is plain considered anorexic!
Fourthly, what happened to secondly?

Anyways; is there a cure for my sister’s memory or what?

Admin: Yikes Try, that is just 288.

There I was reclining by the pool and the computer was reading out the posts, when suddenly my hackles were raised to uncomfortable angle when I heard Wandle had written…

That is definitely something that they learned from me.”

I appreciate I am somewhat disadvantaged due to the fact that English is not by first language, due to having been born down south. But my friend Mimi retorted, “Should that not have read,

“… something that they ‘learnt’ from me”?”

Now color me curious but I thought ‘learnt’ is more common in British English, and learned in American/Canadian English.
In addition I said there are a number of verbs of the type -ed ~ -t:
burned, burnt
dreamed, dreamt
leaned, leant
leaped, leapt
spelled, spelt
Perhaps our own bonny McTag could adjudicate on the matter.

I know you may think it strange that I of all people should stand up for a Wandel; but that was after I saw what pretty daughters he had sired. Oh, and the fact that he always reminds me of the swashbuckling Errol Flynn.
At this juncture may I add belated congratulations to the plaudits rightly bestowed on the achievements of the Stormy and Dutchy families in their respective domains.

Apologies should I have failed to mention make of any other feats of daring-do, or should that be, 'derring-do' as found in Geoffrey Chaucer's Troylus And Criseyde, circa 1374? Another conundrum for MacT methinks.

Incidentally, Flynn and his flamboyant nemesis Wandel weren't described as swashbuckling for no reason. 'Swash' was a 16th century term that referred to the noise made to simulate the sound of swishing weapons when pretending to swordfight. A buckler was a small round shield, usually fixed to the forearm. So, a 'swashbuckler' was a swaggering hero; someone very likely to swash his buckle.

Should you have found this insight meritorious and as a consequence feel compelled to disrobe I will be reposing in cabin 60 nein.

WAIT! Make that B9, the door will be unlocked and Champaign (Krug, Clos du Mesnil 1995) on ice!

Toodles (à tout à l'heure). SWAK

EDIT: Smack my ass and call me Sally; SWAK does not stand for:
Sociale Wetenschappen Aktiviteiten Kommissie. Jeez Louise!

Izzie

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:28 pm
@Tryagain,
<ears perk up, big smile, glint appears in blue eyes >

heeeeeeeeeeeeee's bavk! Cool

yayayay - my world just became a whole heap happier and all is good Very Happy

man oh man, Blue, I couldn't even begin to tell you how good it is to see you - have missed you so much - gazillions!

Always up for the hands on approach Wink I hear men always have one larger than the other Shocked so that's handy! <ahem> Mr. Green

Yes darling - very fortunate to be carried when I'm struggling - my 'guardians' always there and doesn't let go, and yeah, an NHS that doesn't cost a dickey boid. I iz and know I'm a very lucky gal. Your wish is my command (heh heh... cough, rubs the genie lamp) - I am rejuvenated and my sprit is flying high. Very Happy

It's just so good to see you babyBlue. Hope yours are well and good also.

Love ya <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------------this much------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do come back soon (((((((((((Blue)))))))))))xox big mahousive hug to you and (((yours)))xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:34 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:
Incidentally, Flynn and his flamboyant nemesis Wandel weren't described as swashbuckling for no reason. 'Swash' was a 16th century term that referred to the noise made to simulate the sound of swishing weapons when pretending to swordfight. A buckler was a small round shield, usually fixed to the forearm. So, a 'swashbuckler' was a swaggering hero; someone very likely to swash his buckle.

It is uncanny how accurately Tryagain describes me.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 07:22 pm
@Tryagain,
Welcome back to the wandering Nomad (Minstrel), the sunstroke doesn't seem to have you done any harm as your allround wisdom rolls from your cuffs as sparkling as ever.

Btw. I have mismi's silent phone number in my black book should you wish to contact her for a date. She hasn't been around for a while, so I can only guess what game she is playing. Smile

Izzie I hope to see some photos of the newly decorated walls of your house on this thread. You are an absolute inspiration!
Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 11:01 am
@Dutchy,
heh, our Blue is a little sparkly, isn't he Mr. Green It's so good to see him back in the nest!

(((((Blue)))))xox

dust dust dust dust dust... and lots of it - had to fill all (bl**dy loads of them) the gouges in the walls Embarrassed then sand them down

I need me a bigtime shower - yeuch!

Changed the colours again - had about 14 on the wall - couldn't choose one Rolling Eyes so I'm now on a creamy ivory and olive green - which sounds reaaaaaaaaaaally nasty - but actually - I think it will be nice (considering I don't like olive AT ALL) Shocked

anyhoo - the window man came to give me a quote for the conservatory - ahhhhhh, bless him - same chap as 3 years ago - the leaking has got so bad that I need a bucket and chuckit out there when it rains.

okeydokey, gotta get back and hoover up the dust.... yeuch yeuch - it get's everywhere!!!!

yep ((((((BEAgle)))))) - will do a pic when I'm done - might be this time next year - but 'eh, I'll get there in the end Wink
smooooooooooooooooooches

0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 11:28 am
A smile so wide that it can reach from here to there -- that's what I am feeling! Ahhhhhhhh Iz, that is the most fantastic news! Shine, beautiful lady, shine. Take that energy and run with it. I love you, dearly! ((( Izz)))

Laughing @ Try's post. You silly man, you are so damn funny you make my belly hurt with laughter. Of course, there are those times when I scratch my head and think, "What the heck did he just say?"

Have a great day/weekend, yabbers!

xo
Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 03:54 pm
@JustBrooke,
((((((((((Babbling)))))))))) i love you too girlie Very Happy

Take That

You, you're such a big star to me
You're everything I wanna be
But you're stuck in a hole and I want you to get out
I don't know what there is to see
But I know it's time for you to leave
We're all just pushing along
Trying to figure it out, out, out.

All your anticipation pulls you down
When you can have it all, you can have it all.

So come on, come on, get it on
Don't know what you're waiting for
Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey
So come on
See the light on your face
Let it shine
Just let it shine
Let it shine.

Stop being so hard on yourself
It's not good for your health
I know that you can change
So clear your head ang come round
You only have to open your eyes
You might just get a big surprise
And it may feel good and you might want to smile, smile, smile.

Don't you let your demons pull you down
'Cause you can have it all, you can have it all.

Hey let me know you
You're all that matters to me
Hey let me show you
You're all that matters to me.

Hey let me love you
You're all that matters to me
Hey so come on yeah
Shine all your light over me.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:03 pm
@Izzie,
Morning all, early Saturday morning here and I'm enjoying my hot porridge. Next step shopping for the lady of the house, by looking at her list I'm going to need two shopping trolleys!

Come to think of it, where is miss sunshine, any idea Izzie girl? Hope you all have a great weekend.
Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:10 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey BEAgle - our Mis has been around hunni; she's got a lot going on right now but she'll pop in when she can - 'til then - sending her BIG HUGS and ALL LOVE - she's our sunshine girl. (((MzMis))
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 06:46:32