"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:42 pm
Greetings sweet folk! Thanks Dutchy, Missy is proving harder to find than an honest politician!

Hope you are well and looking forward to summer.

Izzie, very handy to find you in such high spirits, your mischievousness bodes well for a resurgence and complete recovery; iffin’ you don’t paint each wall a different color!

Dear Brooke, I think you should know that I get these posts in the mail from a team of script writers just in case I have to address Congress or a Grand Jury! Sometimes they arrive from an anonymous source with a Chicago post mark containing ten bucks. They are the ones that always have something good to say about Wandel!!!

'Histologie de la Region psycho-motrice chez le Nouveau' ...

Anyone read it and able to provide a synopsis as I am particularly interested in the area of reversal of autophagy dysfunction in the TgCRND8 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease ameliorates amyloid pathologies and memory deficits.

I know it it's a long shot as the average A2K member profile probably excludes exploration past the funnies and sports pages.

[Official Edit] Overt acts to inflame may make it unwise to denigrate those from whom you seek assistance.

Updated: Fairynuff; how many beans make five?

Do have a special weekend crew.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:46 pm
@Tryagain,
Well, I read about the autophagy as a surprise of sorts re the mouse brain, but not re the rest of the bod. I don't think I saved the link, but the text was simple and short enough. Try Google news and the keyword 'autophagy'.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:07 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

your mischievousness bodes well ...

I do hope so Blue - it's SO good to have you here xox

TCOY, and yours - have a great weekend of R&R - pink champagne on the decks - lyBlue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx G'nite you, off to my berth #B9 Wink x
Dutchy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:29 pm
@Izzie,
Good Night Izzie, catch you in your dreams. Smile
Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 04:01 am
@Dutchy,
Good Morning BEAgle Very Happy

<reaches over, pats beak and strokes feathers>

block in hand, sandpaper wrapped around...dayum, here I go again ! Mamma Mia

Razz

I.so.need.to.get.this.finished.now.

Dutchy

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 04:10 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, you caught me with my feet up, dozing near the fire, and it is only 7,30pm LOL No rest for the wicket eh, straight into it again, you're a dynamo. I saw ABBA when they visited downunder, great concert. Now don't overdo and remember tomorrow is Sabbath, a day of rest! (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 07:45 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:
Sometimes they arrive from an anonymous source with a Chicago post mark containing ten bucks. They are the ones that always have something good to say about Wandel!!!

You promised me that you wouldn't tell anyone! I will need to send my anonymous letters directly to Izzie from now on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 08:20 am
Dear yabberers, I'm off to the dockside at Harbourfront shortly.

http://www.boldts.net/photos/Tor6.3.jpeg

http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/

http://www.boldts.net/Tor6.shtml

you can look for me later using one of these

http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/webcam/index.cfm

I'll be wearing a swishy-sleeved peach top with spangly bits, and camo capris (don't forget - it's summer - I'll have extra-frizzy blonde hair)

I'll be at the Redpath Stage (webcam reference)

for this

http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/whatson/today.cfm?id=3154

and

http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/whatson/today.cfm?id=3156

Will spit into the water for good luck for all the yabberers (aren't you pleased? Laughing )

love yuz
ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 08:25 am

I do love Ron and his message.
Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 01:16 pm
@ehBeth,
U2 Bethie, loveu2, strong message by Ron...

haven't spotted you yet on the webcam, looks kinda quiet there right now, people just beginning to put bahookies on seats - will check back later! SNAP! - blonde (with polyfilla and pink dust), cammou shorts with a hint (big hint) of paint, no spangly bits tho! Embarrassed Have a truly fab time today - looks like your toes will be having a shimmy. ((Bethie))x

jw - ha! Love the shot of Annie and her gator. She's such a cool kid - be very proud. x

BEAgle - knackered - the plaster just keeps soaking up the sealant coats of paint... Confused been over and over and over and I'm still patchy. Nem'mind - colours going on tomorrow - rolling that so should be a little easier than the 2" paintbrush I've been using Wink

Seems all rather silly in the bigger scheme of things - putting paint on walls, ya know...

We have such blessed lives... really, we do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tragic news from Afghanistan... so terribly sad

never forgotten...

<sigh>

<sigh>

<sigh>

<sigh>

<sigh>

<sigh>

<sigh>

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 06:43 pm
@Izzie,
Thought of the yabberers as I walked along the waterfront on the way to and from the concerts ... tried to decide which lovely big boat we should set sail on. The pirate ship was tempting but so was the Miss Toronto.

http://techgurl.ca/assets/uploads/pirate-ship-580x433.jpg

I sat for a while in the Music Garden. It's a bit wilder looking than when it was first put in. I'll have to upload the photos I took today. Boats, musicians, gardens, friends and thoughts of absent friends. It was lovely.

http://libwiki.mcmaster.ca/geo2ui3-section6/uploads/Main/music.jpg
Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 03:58 am
@ehBeth,
Oh Beth - she's gorgeous, isn't she : Barquentine - did you get to see any fully rigged in sail???? How were the concerts? I peeked in around again - nope, didn't see you - you needed to be on HIMs shoulders waving girl! Hope you had the loveliest time. Yep, absent friends - I keep them in my heart... I do so miss the folk who meant the world to me - and those who still mean the world to me. Moreso as the years go by.

strange, as I listen to music whilst I'm shimmying and painting (get such a good rhythm going, but lots of splatters when you dance and paint Shocked) it brings back floods of memories - some not so good (bigger splatters) but lots of happy feelings too, ya know, strong songs

Gotta play a fave again for when it get's dark...keeps me safe

Lonestar

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there

We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are

now, back to my paintbrush - colour's going on Razz

these walls will be coloured today...

(oh yes, yes they will)

Oooooooooooooooooh, wonder how Taggers sail is going - HAPPY HOLS POMcT and the Cabin Boy! ENJOY!

the prince

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 04:50 am
@ehBeth,
Oh I remember this place with such fond memories
Dutchy

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 04:55 am
@Izzie,

Morning Izzie, may be you could lalalalla above song whilst you're painting, will keep your mind on the job. Waves from downunder.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 08:19 am
@Izzie,
This song has a lively rhythm to help work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYT_0b_XN7A
Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 09:27 am
@wandeljw,
thanku Bosun and Special Agent Very Happy

dancing...Razz

at a corner, time to break my stride for 5 mins to put 't kettle on - dayum, paint on keyboard (tsk tsk)... have more paint under what's left of fingernails than on walls !

2 coats on 2.5 walls so far... gonna finish the 3rd and then put the "grunge green" as my MaMa called it on the back wall tomorrow - tried another 2 colours, didn't like them either!

heh, this one matches my shorts! yep, sounds nasty Shocked - might be when it's on there - but 'eh, I like the little match pot of it - overt olive!

whooooooooooooooa
oh, no, got to keep on moving lalallllallllllllllllllalalallallla

ain't nothing gonna breaka my stride

lallallllllllllllllllllllalallala

laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 09:28 am
@the prince,
We had a great time there eh.

Thought of you when I went up to get lunch - more veggie options these days - and you would have appreciated the scenery Cool Wink Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 09:28 am
@Izzie,
overt olive

that sounds intriguing

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 11:42 am
@the prince,
Shocked

PrinceG - how on earth did I miss you on the deck Confused My apologies fella. Hope your packing is going well - Singapore awaits Very Happy

Bethie - yes, it is rather intriguing - it's not a colour I would have thought would suit me or my lounge

http://p.mdcd.net/product_images/full/215655bf6840af6f7bd141b5d9a130b0d6ce46f4.jpg

however, last night I did a reccy on what's the most precious in my lounge - which came down 3mounted tiles (I know, sounds dreadful but it's gorgeous), my Charles Rennies and my dragonfly bronze vase - each very personal to me - this colour goes perfectly (well, course, may not think that when it's actually on the wall.) It dries quite dark but the rest of the room is very light now <pats self on back>.

Anyhoo - will see tomorrow. Then, just to gloss the skirting boards, doorway and satin the rad - new carpet to get throughout the house, change the French doors and get new conservatory windows and roof put in Razz

heh - can you tell I'm "shuffling" - I'm either about to move house or stay here for a while Wink - ha, head is pickled. S-boy goes away next week to Greece with his PaPa - he'll be away for nearly 10 days - not worried about that per se, coz he'll love it, so much as the past revisiting and that my ex has only been with the new girlfriend for a few months and S has only met her son once. Hmmmmm... I've been told I'm not allowed an opinion on this - but of course I do, I just have to zip my lip.

S-boy is very happy to be going abroad, he loves Greece and is very excited - we've been there a few times in the long distant past when he was a littler fella - so that's all that matters really - he'll have a great time, I'm sure. He'll be a family.

I figure I'll paint the kitchen and Charlie's room whilst he's away and there's enough dust to keep me busy for a while. If the weather's good - may take myself for a hike along a beach with the clicker or just go and sit with the sand between my toes for a time.

Charlie has her mammogram check up next Wed - so we're still thinking PINK. Miss being with her.

Okeydokey - very pleased the 3 walls are finally done - could it have taken me any longer Rolling Eyes takes me an eon to do anything - and that's with the folks help too.

That's happy tho - looks nice. Gonna make a cuppa now and catch up on the news - nasty going's on in London...<shakes head>

Lovin' the crew - thinking of those near and far...
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 04:11 pm
ooh that overt olive is not what I'd expected - rather a lovely dramatic tone (at least on this monitor)

spent the afternoon here

http://www.tasteofthedanforth.com/tasteofthedanforth.php

watching some of my dear friends and classmates dance (the new student troupe costumes are ... pink!)

and then wandered, having great fun being alone in a huge crowd

I'm a bit of crispy critter - too days in intense sun will do that eh

thinking of the crew, hoping you're all feeling relaxed
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:27:14