"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

annis

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 09:50 am
So off we go on another adventure.....Cuba here we come!!!
annis

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:07 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lyve_egY8o&feature=fvst
For you Izzie X with love from us all X
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:10 am
oh and this one Izzie! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDaHHH9Jm60 x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:26 pm
@annis,
Very Happy

go swim with dolphins Tulip - will be with you in spirit! - love you 3, have the best time with the kids - CUBA - here you come...

Bethie - pink orthotic Alegrias - poifecto!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

((BEAgle)) - thinking of you x

((Blue))xox x

<i resemble this boid, without the beak and feathers Shocked - blue black green 'n yellow>

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-u6niEeBqBZE/TQ6XQDMrBwI/AAAAAAAAQFw/mt5Y6KGzEx8/s400/DSC00582.ARW.jpg

0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:52 pm
@annis,
Wishing you a great holiday Tulip and a safe journey. Enrich us with some photograps on your return.

Hi Izzie, how are you this Sunday morning, finding your feet?
wandeljw

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:05 pm
@Dutchy,
Manchester United is in Chicago right now playing Chicago's professional soccer team. Chicago is also in the middle of a heat wave. The match has just started at this very minute.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:26 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey Bosun - yep, not too bad - having some twinges, ya know, thereabouts in that region, not painful, no complaints - just... twingy! Tired tho...very tired. How be you Down Under? Nice day today?? x

hey jw - see, I just don't really picture the US with round balls - I know they have some great soccer players (heh, there's a chap in Az I know who's pretty darn good! Wink ) and of course, MrBeckham has been bending it out there for quite a while now ... so I shall cheer for the Chi-towners as I don't know many MnU supporters Razz (well, Stevie was a MU supporter... but he's not been here for a while Sad ) (poor chaps in that Chi-town heat...!)

JPB - hope you're having the most fab weekend in Chi-town - big love x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartbreaking news in Oslo - heartbreaking... heartbreaking
ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:54 pm
@Izzie,
Back on the dock after a day at the beach and in the shops ... waiting for the yabber-liner to appear on the horizon ... will slide into the nearest lounger and put my feet up while I listen to Knaan

and think about his messages

(his Waving Flag was used for the World Cup last year)
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 04:05 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
(poor chaps in that Chi-town heat...!)

Yes. Some UK newspapers are concerned about Rooney's well-being.

The first half has ended: Chicago Fire 1.............Manchester United 0
wandeljw

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 05:02 pm
@wandeljw,
The match has ended. Manchester United defeated Chicago 3-1.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:16 am
Sneaks onboard and peeks around. Shhhhhh - I think some are still sleeping. Maybe that's Dutchy I hear snoring, or one of the other guys. Surely girls don't snore like that.

Izzie - Prayers continue to go up for you. I am glad your surgery is over, and you are so upbeat. Yes, that nasty ole' thing is benign. It just sucks that you have to wait so long for them to tell you that. But never mind, we know the outcome will be such that you will continue to mend.

I know that a couple of you have been wondering what has been going on with me over the past 9 months. Where does time go? It just does not seem possible that my Dad has been gone this long. Anyhow, it brings me to the reason for my visit today - just to try and fill in some of the blanks. I feel like most of what I have to say will bore most of you - forgive me for that. Although, that is the great thing about the internet - you don't have to read it and can skim on by me. I won't get into the majority of things. I will just rattle on and touch on a few things. Still - I'm a girl so ya'll know that being of so little words is not my strong point.

First off - I should have graduated in June. I did not. I struggled horribly to finish between November and Christmas break. I can't really explain it. My mind was such a mass of mush and one huge blank. I tried really hard, but I could not make my brain function like it needed to. In order to save my grade that I had worked so hard for, I had to take a leave. This is allowed and will not affect me in the long-term. It just sets me back a year. Even though I am taking a break, I have 2 really good job offers on the table, and they have been very supportive of my time off. I am so grateful for that much at least. I have visited both schools, and I was extremely impressed with both. One will have me in the warm weather year-round, and one not so much. Still, I would be proud to teach at either.

During my time off, I have been doing a bit of traveling to help clear the ugliness of my life. I have been to NC to visit a very good friend. I have been to Oregon to visit with sis and family. I was able to still join my classemates for alternative spring break. We went to Florida and worked with Habitat for Humanity. Loved that. We also took a day and walked the streets with the homeless. We gave them supplies, including food coupons. I cannot believe that in my country we have people so unfortunate that they live on the streets, and then we have a government that seems to care so little about them. I won't get started on that, though.

Life with family - My mom, God love her, holds herself up and proud for us. Of course, she still struggles. It's just that she is bound and determined to not allow anything to change the way us as a family have always done things. Even my birthday. It's always been a ritual to have a big party on that day, as I was born on July 4th. Fireworks, good friends, family, band, etc. Plus, we still have our family outings at the cabin up at the lakes. Noah is doing great, and Kim is trying to get pregnant again. I think her calling in life is to be a momma. She thrives so much by being surrounded by her family, and they can certainly afford all the costs that go with it.

Changes in me - While I still am very much in pain (wonders if that will ever go away), I feel so different. Things I used to do that were probably not so good for me, I have zero interest in now. Mostly the dinking/partying side of me. Not that I was horrible doing those things, but I did my fair share with friends at times. Not saying that I don't go out with friends, but when I do, I don't drink at all. It's either water or diet coke. No interest in the rest of that stuff. It's been so hot that an ice cold beer outside the bar, I still crave though but even that is one and done. I don't know if any of that has to do with this deep emptiness I feel, or if I have just decided to grow up. I feel like a machine that gets up each day, goes about my day but with very little excitement inside. This too, shall pass, I know.

The first time that a male ever turned his head when I went in for a kiss. *smiles* With that big tongue, lucky for me that he did. What a big boy he is - with a little baby spirit. I soooo love animals. Especially dogs. What can I say.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/2.jpg

This is my oldest nephew. He lives in Oregon. I was such a snot-nosed little brat when he was born, now look at him. There is no way, though, that he should be towering over me like this. Takes after his daddy on that. He did NOT get his height from my side of the family. Although my grandfather was well over 6 feet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/Oregon3.jpg

Well, folks, that is about it today from me. My attention span is about at the end of it's stride for this round. I will be back. I wish all of you happy travels and peaceful days. Take care.

Love
xo
Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 02:17 pm
@JustBrooke,
Babbling - 'tis so very good to see you.

You'll find your way, in time, girlfriend. Your direction will find it's way - hold onto all the beliefs and people that you hold dear, and they'll carry you forward. Your mush and blank will clear, tho life doesn't come with rose-coloured specs... rather, it's like looking through an Out Of Focus lens. It's oof. Some days, the images/direction becomes a little clearer, a little sharper - some days, it's all a blur and bokeh. Eventually, we all hope to see the picture.

'til then Babbling - know you're loved and cared for. Love to you and yours. xox
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 02:33 pm
@JustBrooke,
Strong post, Brooke.
Very good to see you in your post and in the photos. Dogs are love, eh? What a beautiful dog, great photo. Neat pic with nephew in the state I lived near for a while (meaning, I lived something like eighty miles south of the Oregon border).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 03:16 pm
@JustBrooke,
I don't peek in here too often, but glad I did today - to read up on your updates. Part of living is to go through some of the hardships and the loss of loved ones, but we all manage somehow with the passage of time.

Keep your chin up, and try to keep active. Glad to hear you have worked on a project with Habitat for Humanties - one of my favorite charities.

The pictures are absolutely lovely!

0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 04:47 pm
@JustBrooke,
Hi JustBrooke, how nice to see you after a long absence. That must have been me snoring as I just woke up. LOL So pleased to read you're doing well and heading in the right direction. Loved your photos and must say you look as lovely as ever, the break from college work must have done you good. Don't worry over having wasted a year you'll soon make that up, you had more important things on your mind and dealt with them in your own way, and very effectively too! Keep your spirits up, hope to see jump aboard a bit more, hugs from downunder.
Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:08 pm
@Dutchy,
Morning BEAgle - you were up late this morning a? Wishing you a great day Down Under - now, go and make MrsB a nice cuppa and brekkie in bed. Love you ((((D))))x

waves to ci and Lucy - send my love to the GGB and the SFBay - man, I miss that Bridge. xx

Osso - just read you have no A/C - girl, how do manage down there in the heat Shocked Gosh, 25 deg here is HOT HOT HOT for me - tho we have no need for A/C 'cept in the car, which of course, doesn't work in mine ggggggggggggrrrrrr. Hey ho! ((((Osso)))))

Bethie - sailed right up to you and saw you sleeping soundly on a lounger - will jump on the dock for a sit down next time we're heading Tranna's way - so glad you had a great weekend Bethie - music was beautiful - great meaning, great words. love love xxx

jw - ah, MnU did good a? Mind you, in that humidity, I do hope your fellas bought our fellas a cold beer.... no no, that's not Bud... beer beer. Hug wee Annie from me Winkx

Missssssssy - hope you had a great weekend too and the boyz are back home with you. love you much. x

TC - thinking of you and LOVE the news of the island. FABULOUS! ((YouandMrFixIt))

lyBlue - thinking of you 'n yours - hugs, smooches you, always xox x
JPB

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:27 pm
@JustBrooke,
Hi Brooke,

Thanks for the update. Lovely photos, as usual.

Don't give yourself a timetable. It's hard to find the floor after your world has been turned upside down. It will come eventually, but if you're not ready yet then you're not ready.

We're supposed to get our long-awaited cool down tomorrow and Tuesday. Then the steam engines crank back up and we reenter the stew.

Hoping all the crew has enjoyed their weekends.

(((( Iz ))))
Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:29 pm
@JPB,
Hey JPB - have been toe tapping for y'all weekend. So wish I could be with you. I miss you so much. Love to all the B's... and soooooooooooo pleased that it's finally gonna cool down a tad and you'll be getting a long awaited break in the weather. (((((((((((((((JPB)))))))))))))))xxxx
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:41 pm
@Izzie,
Iz - most of us in this area have swamp coolers, which as Roger pointed out are efficient but not that effective. Dys also told me they work less well as it gets more humid, which tends to progress later in the day.

He told me to put it on early (after the sun, the cooler needs the sun) and leave it on, as keeping the house the same takes less energy... until dark.
This takes a pump and water going, so I'm spare.
Huh.
I put it on when it gets to 88 or 89 in the house, maybe three in the afternoon, and it comes down to about 85/4, most days, though maybe not in August, not quickly but not all that long. I shut it off when it gets down to 85.
85 = 29.4; 89 = 31.7

This was hard on Pacco.

I'm used to living in Venice, ca, at much higher heat in the house - if not for so many days in a row - as it equilibrated with outside, but with open windows and ocean breezes.

Here, with the swamp cooler, I get two open windows for a notch, to make the system work. Drives me nuts, I like natural air. On the other hand, I've learned to avoid, #$%@, black widows coming in, and various flying things, and don't have good door screens. And wind here can mean a lot of sand in the house if windows are ajar.

It's confusing as I've lived with hotter. Somehow more entrapping.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:44 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add that I admire both Plainoldme and Butrflynet who have lived with to-me low temps in winter, per some of their posts.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 02:49:30