"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 06:46 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie. I just drop in for a few minutes to see how everybody is going, and find that you are facing another challenge with your customary grace and courage. I don't believe in a heaven, but if there is such a place you will be licensed to take passengers with your extra brownie points.

Goes without saying that you have every positive thought I can muster.

Get some raw apricot kernels. There is quite a bit of evidence that they help, they can't hurt, and they're not that expensive.

Hi, and best wishes, to all Yabber-linerers.

Please take care, Izzie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:17 pm
@FlavourQueen,
hope MzIzz is having a decent rest

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/159/2/a/Pink_Lizard_Hammock_by_ursulav.jpg

or at least having a nice cool drink with fancy ice cubes
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 10:06 pm
Thanks FQ for the report.

Just cuz the surgery's over doesn't mean I'm gonna stop worrying.

How's my Iz?

Izzie

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 06:12 am
@Roberta,
Iz'a back Very Happy

was so lovely to waken to and to read all your messages, which I know are heartfelt

Bethie – the sun is shining brightly in the West Country Very Happy

sunshine superman, Bill W and Donovan’s walking on sunshine (feeling that embrace all over) and, yes ma'am, I do “proclaim” – that had to be the best video mentally-wise that I needed to watch – Beth, you made me laugh – ha, I’d say you had me in stitches – but they’re all internal and I don't wanna bust out <geddit, oh dear, that was baaaaad> Wink Thank you so much!

http://www.christmas-graphics-plus.com/valentines/animated/heart13.gif

love you much Beth x

OK, so, the scoop - so to speak <ahem>

I have to say, even tho this was one of the simplest procedures I’ve had done – it was by far the worst – I didn’t think much could be worse than my fused feet but... this was a right pain in the ...!

Head wasn’t in the right place for a number of reasons … but it’s done now, so onwards and upwards. I had eyes that would not cease to cry and the docs persistently kept asking me why, telling me everything was gonna be alright now, I couldn’t explain anything to them and I’d shutdown after 12 hours at the hospital - and decided to discharge myself. Of course they said I would need to sign a form negating their responsibility if I left – <pass me the pen> – but then they forgot to bring the form.

So my mother collected me sometime around 7.30pm and dropped me home; it's where I feel my safest and I'm so glad I was here and with peace around me. People – too too many people, too much black noise. I was in no danger coming home and wouldn’t put myself in danger, just, I needed to be home.

Thank you for all your well wishes onboard – I did sign on last night briefly but couldn’t find nor make out the words in front of me, plus I was a right miserable pathetic git - way too emotional anyhoo. Thanku Charlie, for letting the crew know and that I love them (whilst giving new meaning to a female “lunch box”! - who knew!!!!)– it was important to me that those who care about me knew I was, and am, alright.

So, I’m now a plastic wrap – by boob is hastily turning black all over covered in a large see through dressing; it feels like stinging pin pricks but not hugely painful or anything. The actual wound has a shape of heart in it – quite by accident, of course, I’d love to show y’all but ahahaha, wouldn’t that be stepping over the boundaries – abstract fer sure;) I was quite shocked at the size of the wound but they had been forewarning me the lesion was deep. No more itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikinis for me – ha… as if they ever were teeny weeny… ha, as if there was ever a bikini in the last few years Wink Maybe I will get me one of these tho:

http://images.clipartof.com/small/226500-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Pink-Polka-Dot-Bikini-Top.jpg

Do you think they make bra’s in different cup sizes – I’m a little lopsided now, tho on a positive note, a tad higher Shocked than previous gone south, so that's pretty darn good Mr. Green ), so if anyone asks me if I want a cuppa, I’ll say, yep, I'm missing one size on the right. You never know tho, it may balance out my limpaslot Razz

Really, <serious head on> it’s all good now – tad sore, more stinging than anything but I guess the anaesthetic is wearing off, nothing a few painkillers won’t sort out as they will my joints which fortunately are a lot less painful than yesterday and I slept well last night. Certainly, I'm not much worse for wear after yesterday's little nuisance.

They told me my next appointment with the surgeon would be in 3 weeks… errrrrrrrrrrrrrr…. 3 weeks – it doesn’t take 3 weeks to get results!!!!!!!!!!! So will be calling them later to find out why the delay. Possibly another clerical error – who knows. 3 weeks – that’s outrageous methinks – not that it will tell me anything I don’t already know as I’m 99.99999blah% sure it’s benign, but complete clarification of the All-OK is preferable to tie up the frayed end.

So, again, thank you all –

Spike, it’s always a pleasure to see you, I read your words each time on the other thread and you’re in my thoughts – heck, you even somehow speak some of my thoughts in a way I am unable to do. Thank you so much for jumping onboard. ((((((Spike))))))) x

BEAgle (I am chuckling as I so know you wish to quip about my boob – ahahaha! ((BEAgle)) )…

Osso and yer chicken soup <one of my close friends Barbara had a double mastectomy, she’s an inspiration and always will be – we talked the other day – my surgery is like a small boo-boo compared to what she endured and beat, chemo, the lot - bless her 5 years on, she is totally amazing. I can always borrow one of her chicken fillet’s tho if needed, to be honest, another scar is as Charlie and I say, a lifeline map of what we go though, so, it’s all good to remember and gain the next perspective)…

Boida (let your hoper rest, it worked for me thanku and it must concentrate on you now, posivibes coming across the poind to you goil)…

RH (good to know you have water babbling and firey fleurs)…

Letty (thank you for your songs and thoughts here and on WA2K, I know you have been thinking of me)…

Bethie (just perfect, the songs, the spirit, the vibe)…

Spike (Apricot kernels – B17 – thank you for that info, useful to know, thank you, and for your thoughts)…

JPB (your neverending support is a blessing, you know that)…

SpecialAgentjw (I know, ya know, the girlie-body stuff can be a little uncomfortable reading, which makes it all the kinder that you are here too – bodytalk stuff is just about what’s on the outside so it means so little to me, I have little vanity there anymore, it’s the inside that counts – so thank you being here)…

TC (I can see your tree and yep, over the years - your posithoughts have come through, means so much)…

Missy (love you so much Dixie, no words could ever say it more -thank you for being who you are in my life)

and lyBlue (xox every.step x) …

and all the crew who are and have been watching over me – Thinking Pink

Sorry if this sounds like some kind of blah speech, you're all individuals and y'all know who you are, so I do this my way even if it sounds corny yeuch – my intent is that I tell you simply because… just because – some things can’t be bottled; I’m safe to say to here and I know y’all get me and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks anyway.

So yep, still emotional, pain is lessening and I found my perspective again. I will get my mojo back once this flare ceases and gives me back some energy and when I can pick up my camera again.

I felt strong hands, I also felt carried. Thank you.

Charlie – have the best holiday, level crossings – France is awaiting…you will have theeee most marvellous time and so very deserved - i love you x

Tulip, safe flight, CUBA is awaiting you and the kids – your birthday in a few, you must celebrate in style. Have the very best time – loving you x

Now, as I sit here with some kinda of post-anaesthetic inane grin on my face, I must play this again… t'was the most perfect tube!

(Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Undela Undela Undela la la la)
(Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Undela Undela Undela la la la lallallalla...)

Live, Laugh, Love…
Izzie

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 06:14 am
@Stormwatch,
Stormwatch wrote:

We are on to the state tournament starting Saturday.
N. told me he is going to be the starting pitcher.....I'm biting my nails already.
There will be tougher teams there.... Shocked

soooooooo Stormy - how'd N go??????? We need news of the pitch and to know if you have any nails left. Wink ((Stormy))
Dutchy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 06:35 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, splendid posting very positive, however I won't fall for your "booby" trap. Wink Hope your recovery goes well and speedy. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 07:02 am
(((Izzie)) Amazing. You are amazing. Thoughts and prayers still there with you hun. Hugs and kisses
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 09:21 am
@Izzie,
The entire crew is relieved, Izzie, altho the procedure caused you pain. Don't worry about me being uncomfortable about girlie stuff. JPB always tries to explain things to me (if I am a little slow). Smile
Stormwatch

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 10:43 am
@Izzie,
Izzie, so glad that procedure is over for you. Stay strong and heal fast.....with all the positive vibes being sent your way I just know all will be well for you soon Smile

N's team is still in the State Tournament. It's a double elimination and they have now won 3 games and lost one. Sooooo they HAVE to keep winning at this point. They are playing incredibly well as a team...I'm so proud of them all. Last night was an unbelievable game. The games go 7 innings unless it is a tie, then it goes till someone wins. The game last night got tied 4-4 in the 5th inning...and kept going and going and going. They ended up playing 16 innings!!! We won it 5-4. N. was brought in to pitch in the 10th inning and finished the game...he was awesome!! Unfortunately they can only pitch 7 innings without a full days rest so he can't pitch tonight's game. The coach was saving his " ace pitcher" as he calls him for tonights game, but had to use him last night to shut the other team down. We have a great team and other great pitchers so one of them will do their job tonight...they can do it! The game last night started at 8:30pm and didn't end till 1:30am, and then we had a 2 hour drive home. We are all exhausted and I have no voice because I was screaming so much...lol It might rain today, I think it would be good to get rained out tonight and give our boys some much needed rest. I'll let you know tomorrow how things go tonight....please keep fingers crossed tonight...thanks!
Izzie

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:09 am
@Stormwatch,
Stormy - oooooooh, such good news for N... tell me, do they 'scout' at these tournaments at all? Could we have a future "Sox" player in our midst. We have 'scouts' that turn up at a lot of sports clubs looking at prospective rugby players from an early age (oh, and the other ball sport... ya know, the round ball not the oval one Wink - I would imagine they prolly do that in the USA too - well, they must do I suppose, just I wouldn't know at what age they start to look at the kids. Fingers are crossed girl. Will look forward to the next sports report ((Stormy))x

ah jw - I know, JPB is good at explaining these things - you made me smile just picturing you and JPB having those conversation <chuckles> Oh, I must tell you, I watched, cried my way through The Lake House a few days ago... as I do - ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... sweet memories Keanu! x

Missy - darlin' Dixie - how are you? All good in Dixieville? Are you picking the fellaz up this weekend or are MaMa&PaPa gonna bring them up to you. I know you'll be so pleased to have them home - give them a big love from their AuntyIz. Hope you and the Professor have enjoyed your week. Love you so much. xxxxx

Dutchy wrote:

Hi Izzie, splendid posting very positive, however I won't fall for your "booby" trap. Wink Hope your recovery goes well and speedy. (((Izzie)))

ahahhaha - I was waiting for a "bird in the hand" quip or a "you'll always be a handful"... ha, you were being a good boy. There there. Very good boy BEAgle! <pats top of beak and preens feathers> Feeling better by the minute D - I'm about to settle down to Series 6, episode 16 of 24. Getting a Jack Bauer <swoons> fix... another 56 episodes to catch up on - gee, can ya tell I didn't watch the haunted fish tank for years!!!! Ha, can you tell how much I am missing my camera not being able to go and play outside Mad Love to you & MrsBEAgle - big hugs xx

((Blue))xox x

Lovin' y'all x
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:30 am
@wandeljw,
Ha! You are such a brat!

Gentle non-squeezy hugs to Miz Iz. I'm glad you're safely ensconced at home.
verbivore

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 01:54 am
@JPB,
Izziee wassup? where are you? and more importantly..how are you??!! guess I got to read back to know..what happened
Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 02:29 am
@verbivore,
Time you showed up verbivore and give our dearest Izzie some moral support, she needs all of us right now! Hope you and your little man are ok?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 04:14 am
Izzie, querida,

Good to hear from you. Rest, relax. Keep cool. Sit on a chair under a tree and listen to the breeze make that music with the leaves.

Sigh.

Izzie

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 05:46 am
@Roberta,
Morning Crew Very Happy

Ah Boida, 'tis cooler over here than in your part of the world - the sun was shining gloriously this morning but we're now back to showers on and off. Mucho green outside and I'm surrounded by my trees. Got a black kitty curled up beside me and am taking it very easy. There is Murphy fur on the carpet - they had a bit of a tumble this morning.

Not much discomfort bodywise - tho I can't lift my arm up without some tweaking in booby parts and a slight wince - other than that - all is very good in a lopsided way. My joints seem to have settled Shocked - must be all the painkillers they put inside me. Gonna have to get to the dentist next week, would go today if I could but I'm not allowed to drive for another 24 hours. Gonna be tricky putting the seat belt across me tho <slightly winces>

I do feel quite a fraud. The surgery was so so easy - I'm actually comfortable with people in scrubs - they are fixer uppers. Just being around or even near other people was the awful thing and waiting for 7 hours from the wire to the op was horrendous. Too much noise. Too much.... distrust. The did let me stay in a room on my own for a few hours as I was in quite a pickle. I know that makes me wholly weird, pathetic really - somehow I have gotta get over myself with this people thing. I can "do" people when I'm well - just not when I'm not feeling good.

Anyhoo - I'm rambling and I don't even know where that came from Razz

BEAgle - how are you today? When is big girl 'I' coming back down for her netball? Hope all is good with M&K and that he's been getting some good catches. No doubt the freezer is gonna need to be filled again soon. Love you D - give A a big hug from me. x

Verby - how are you Little One? And how is your Little One? Hope H is doing well now - it must nearly be time for him to be off all his meds - do hope all is good with him. Thinking of you and hope that the move went well and you're now more settled. Drop by here when you can, I know life is very busy for you and you don't get much free time - the most important thing is for you to enjoy yourself when you can. (((((I, E, H-boy))))) xxx

JPB - has it cooled down there yet? Sending you cooling breezes from across the pond and all love. x

(((Missy))) hugs and kisses x

(((Blue smooches))) xox x

off to make a brew...
verbivore

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 07:47 am
@Izzie,
BEAgle!!!! You are quite right!!! Cant believe I missed all of these!!! Life has been hectic- but thats no excuse!
Bazzzaaaa - tht was gr888 talking to ye!
Izziieee- I was shaken a bit to read all that !!! Ill call you soon
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 06:58 pm
@Izzie,
a woman can never have too many fans

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3041/2698025914_487a695d4b.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 07:01 pm
for the few people who haven't heard, I am newly addicted to Alegrias

a woman can definitely never have too many of these lovelies

http://www.tooqt.com/IMAGES/alegria/ALG-502.jpg

so comfy ( and the insoles can be removed to tuck in orthotics )

overly cute
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 09:07 pm
@ehBeth,
'a woman can never have too many fans', wow ehBeth, how many fans do you have? Smile

Coldest day of the year down here, down to 1 degree with many places in the hills well below zero, unusual for us.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 09:46 am
Love ya Izzie you are far too kind! will send you a postcard X You take care am thinking and wishing you well X You are a woman of great spirit and that will keep you going! We all love and miss ya girl XXXX Sgirl says thanks XX
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 05:06:09