"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 11:53 pm
@ehBeth,

I can't top that. Tho' my belly dances on its own.

Up early this morning, I've put the toast on.
McTag

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 01:05 am
@McTag,

Quite a sobering realisation this morning, reading the paper...our Saturday paper (Guardian) had in its Review section an article of contributions from many successful current writers telling of their favourite book, or of a time when a certain book had made a great impression on them.
I had heard of less than a quarter of them, the books I mean. And read fewer than that.
So that made me feel a bit sad.
Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:44 am
@McTag,
Morning Crew - how lovely to see so many folk onboard Very Happy

Wanting to wish our Bethie a fabulous day <hope the ears have stopped ringing, so glad you had a wonderful night Beth) and a Happy Father's Day to all our Dad's and Grandpa's out there too...

http://talkinstuff.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/happy_fathers_day.gif?w=320&h=203

Have a great day y'all

love to those near and far x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:45 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Up early this morning, I've put the toast on.

<pass the Bovril POMcT Wink>
Dutchy

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:47 am
@Izzie,
Morning Izzie, how are you today?
Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:57 am
@Dutchy,
Morning BEAgle

http://projectprettyandfab.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/back-to-square-one.jpg Wink

but tho the body is a failure, my head is succeeding <sorta, kinda, will> - so no worries. Have work tomorrow so gotta take it easy today - just must keep moving when I can. Gotta cuppa beside me and after I've sipped I'm gonna go and do what I can. How's you?
Dutchy

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:04 am
@Izzie,
Sipping a cuppa also. Smile Quiet day with a visit to my sister and watching the football on TV. The rest of the week Wimbledon will be on, to be in the right mood, I've bought several punnets of strawberries and cream. You'll be watching Roger? Take care.
Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:11 am
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

You'll be watching Roger?

I'll be swooning no doubt Razz

and I'll be watching ANDY... ya never know, this may be our first year that we have a real shot with a British Champion since Fred Perry! He did well at Queen's... C'MON ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really looking forward to the tennis Very Happy It keeps me distracted, fer sure!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:22 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

It most be a global thing - the torrential downpours.

Not quite. The last drop of rain around here was back in April. Maybe. Don't know if you know about goatheads (thorny suckers!), but it's even been too dry for them. My neighbor's kid got a duckling for Easter. Poor thing hasn't learned to swim yet.

Just kidding. My neighbor's got better sense than that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:23 am
@Dutchy,
Thanks for the thought, Dutchy, but you've just bumbled into the last person on the planet without television.
Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:25 am
@roger,
oh my, there's Roger ...

<swoons> Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:28 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

the last person on the planet without television.

aha... but as I discovered recently - everything is on the computer these days and I watched the French Open on broadband thru my laptop when the TV aerial was cut ... depending on whether you're on dial up tho - could work out a little expensive in that case... Confused
roger

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 05:32 am
@Izzie,
Un huh. Dial up. Sad

Not expensive, though, but instead of a stop watch, I have to time the download with a calendar.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 08:41 am
I took possession of my new abode this morning. The previous occupants have moved to Scotland. It's a long story which began 17 years ago in a bout of sexual intercourse. It's unbelievable the chain of events that can take place, each one different from the next, following on a rumpy-pumpy session that turns fertile. Critical might be a better word. It is a bit like a nuclear chain reaction. The flight to Scotland is the present state of the shockwave.

To be brief the present husband is not the father of the 18 year old who has been having tantrums.

They left everything except their clothes. The garden shed is full of torture instruments. It's about time I ceased pampering myself all day long. An hour a day gardening should get me at least 7 years off purgatory. The fridge was fully stocked including a gorgeous cream cake covered in icing sugar decorated very prettily in green and pink floral style patterns. Half gone. But I must say that my quarter of the half that remained was absolutely wonderful. And everything else is quite in character for a lady who chooses such wonderful cake. There was a lavender sachet in every drawer of the elderly pristine furniture in the hallway and bedrooms. There are four of those and there is a brass bed in two of them. Unfortunately not made up. The woolen blankets all neatly folded. I forgot to look in the freezer.

One might walk in, switch the telly on and settle down on the pale cream leather sofa and watch the Test Match just as well as one might anywhere else. It's off to the auction block is that sofa along with a few other items. It's taken me years to get my present sofa into shape and I'm sweating on whether I can get it into position without taking the lounge window out. It has leaded lights. Pink and yellow floral style again.

There were about a dozen drumsticks and a tambourine. The garden is in expansive floral bloom although I did get the sap to plant four rows of potatoes a while back which are looking very well. There's a nice lawn and in the shed there is a swinging three berth recliner which I know how to convert to a single berth. On nice days. And it cannot be overlooked. It's a sun trap.

My present residence is going under the hammer fairly soon. There's been a lot of interest in it so I'm hoping for the best. I'll miss Charlotte and Helena in the pub though. Talk about beautifully efficient. They don't make one move that's not an improvement on anything in Britain's Got Talent. They allow me and Vic to admire them unashamedly. They had a mutual neck-licking session last night. Just a short one to annoy us.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:19 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
my belly dances on its own.

so you won't need years and years of practice before Hakim comes to your town! it's all good Very Happy
Stormwatch

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 07:41 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Stormy girl - hoping all is good with you and N is still enjoying his games. You winding down now? We've one more month and then be done for the summer - can't wait. ((Stormy))

Winding down for sure......
I have 4 more days of school. It's a busy 4 days but near the end. I'm feeling like the light at the end of the tunnel is not really a freight train heading my way now! Laughing
N. is now in play-offs for Babe Ruth. They won their first game tonight. It's single elimination though so we will see how it goes on Tuesday.

Hoping you are doing well Izzie. Your school year goes longer than ours...hang in there...summer vacation is coming.

Mismi, are your boys done with baseball now or still in all-stars?
Izzie

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 12:54 am
@Stormwatch,
Morning morning morning

can't stop - just llalallalallaaing "It's A Beautiful Day" Very Happy

((Blue xox miss you baby))

((((((((Crew)))))))))) good wishes to y'all x
Dutchy

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 01:20 am
@Izzie,
Morning Izzie, you're llalallallallaaing out of tune. Laughing Have a nice day.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 09:58 am
@ehBeth,

I'm meeting my out-of-town cousin this evening and we'll go to Mr Thomas' Chop House where they are not known for serving small portions.

http://tomsmanchester.thevictorianchophousecompany.com/

So, a few extra belly-wobbles tomorrow I have no doubt.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 10:13 am
@McTag,
let's order one of each of the starters (excepting the salmon) and share

+ 2 litres of water for me

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 01:52:16