"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 03:17 pm
@Izzie,
I've just been googling the island. Seems quite a likeable place, Tai.

Izz - here's the blog - the lead article -
http://espn.go.com/tennis/
better link - http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/blog/_/name/bodo_peter/id/6628838/time-stir-master-dirt-debate

I've an old friend who was a junior champion player in sweden in her young days. She was the roommate of a another long time friend, they both being stewardesses (as they were then called) for an international airline. She was very patient with the rest of us when we played, even just to play with us at all, which I can imagine would have been incredibly trying. Anyway, those were the Borg years and we all watched a lot of tennis.

I also liked Becker, at least what I read about him - much like I liked Lindsay Davenport, as a good person. I think of Federer as Mr. Finesse.
JPB

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 05:02 pm
@Izzie,
Thanks for all the well wishes, folks. I was able to ride a bicycle around the 'hood today. I only went 1.5 miles but that's more than I thought I was going to be able to do. I woke up thinking, "My knee hurts", but then I realized that's like saying the sun rose today. When doesn't my knee hurt? Interesting side note - this is the opposite leg from my broken ankle/tibia of last fall/winter. I thought that was pretty well healed but now that I'm favoring the newly hurt leg, the other one is talking to me in tones I'm not used to hearing/feeling. Sheesh -- if it isn't one side it's the other.

Quote:
Cooked veggies need to be semi raw (tho I'm not too keen on any cooked veggies really - raw's good, raw carrot, cabbage, onions, caullies and pretty much all salad fodder / rabbit food.

That's just about the way I feel about fruit. Cooked fruit? No thanks. My dinner salad is going to be Luv-er-ly, I'm sure. Razz

HELLO, TAI CHI!!

Can she hear us?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 07:41 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
Spendi - little bit contrary today a?

Well--if I can't go into bat for a 6 year old goal-scorer, and have a bit of fun at Dutchy's expense at the same time, it's a poor do.
spendius

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 11:25 am
@spendius,
I just had a delicious homemade soup starter for tea. We call the main meal of the day between 5pm and 6 "tea" where I come from. Posh folks call it dinner and have it later. Which ruins the evening.

It was a cerely concoction. 6 sticks of celery, a tea-cup of red lentils, 2 red and 1 green pepper, 2 onions and 2 veg stock cubes. I know the cubes are cheating but I didn't get where I am today without a bit corner cutting. Chop them up, stick it all in the pressure cooker half full of water and stew for a bit. Then partially liquidise. It's best when a few chunks of celery survive whole. And it improves after 24 hours in the fridge and goes off in about 4 days. Salt and pepper to taste. 8 goodly portions.

Here's a magic spell--

Quote:
Jump down a manhole
Light yourself a candle
Don't wear sandals
Try to avoid the scandals
Don't be a bum
You're better chewing gum
An' if the pump don't work
It's 'cause the vandals took the handles.
Izzie

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 01:56 pm
@spendius,
Good Evening Crew

Spendi - Subterranean Homesick Blues - heh, we all get the blues a?

Dinner's around 7pm here <obviously posh us iz> ... baked salmon (oven for 25 mins), seasoned, lemon, baked spud (oven for hour and 15mins), sourcream and chive dip, salad... mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good - easy peasy lemon squeezy. Love soup - tomato's my fave, with seasoning of course!

So, where's the world tonight then!

Busy day at work - ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyy gawsh - home, bed, up, school run, dinner, bed

but what a beautiful rainburst earlier on

thee most fab rainbow from my back door

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Tg0KcNo7H5A/Te6AAyrpEmI/AAAAAAAAR5c/aeNdqej2n-w/s640/DSC09667.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-97Z_F1ZCAlY/Te6A3VFybII/AAAAAAAAR5s/sxXMguIANro/s640/DSC09682.jpg

Little fellas not too well tonight - just a cold but still, he's a little warm Sad

Okeydokey - off to make a tea

BEAgle - hope all is well with you and you're waking up to a great morning Down Under - see ya when you grab a tea x

JPB - how's the knee doing now? Nooooooo... I don't think she can hear you Wink x

((Blue xox)) and yours xxx

laterz (((((Crew)))))

Izzie

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 02:01 pm
@ossobuco,

thanks Osso - I had a gander, folk with some strong views Very Happy I loved Lindsay Davenport - I think she has to be one of my fave ladies. I'm a Venus fan - I think she's remarkable. Really looking forward to Wimbledon - not long now!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 02:12 pm
@Izzie,
Did you know Izzie that a law had to be passed to stop toffs feeding their servants on salmon. In many parts of Scotland it was the cheapest food around.

I remember once driving along the north shore of Loch Fyne and seeing rows and rows of salmon cages. Kippers are not bad but Manx spoil you for all the rest.

There's a seafood restaurant on that road where rumour has it Tony Blair and Gordon Brown made the famous gentleman's agreement which caused so much trouble for us all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 02:15 pm
@Izzie,
WOW! What fantastic pictures of rainbow. Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 02:36 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie querida, The rainbows are glorious. Tell S-boy I hope he's feeling better.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 05:54 pm
@Izzie,
Those are beautiful Iz. Amazing.

JPB - wow - you rode your bike. That is a happy thing...hopefully both of those knees will quit talking back to you soon!

This weather is miserable. I had to let G-baby's pet lizard go. It really shouldn't have been a pet in the first place - but I was scared to death I was going to come home and find it a shriveled up little pile of bones. I will get in trouble later. To be sure. Benji was quite happy. Hopped out of my hand and scooted to the nearest bush.

Baseball in this weather is excruciating. And that's all I have to say about that. Gbaby is playing catcher. Doing a great job. J is playing 2nd base. Got popped in the eye by a ball the other day. Has a nice little shiner right now. He didn't cry...cause he's TOUGH. S has a mohawk. I gave it to him Sunday night. Shaved that head all but for a strip down the middle. Hilarious.

Izzie - I hope S feels better soon. So sorry he is not feeling well. ((S'boy))

Dear Dutchy - there is nothing I would like better than for you to break out the suntan lotion. Wink

Hugs y'all
Dutchy

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 06:30 pm
@mismi,
Morning all, great shots Izzie, wish S-boy well. Busy day ahead, got word last night the family is coming over this weekend, so better have the house ready.

Miss sunshine only to happy to oblige, would be a blast. Wink

Spendi I shall follow your advice and spoil my little grandson, I agree $5.00 is peanuts, so I bought him a large parcel of mining shares in BHP Biliton!

Waves from downunder.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 06:39 pm
@Dutchy,
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HVvgtSV01Uw/SRopG1ISxhI/AAAAAAAADv8/ahz1AxDIe2I/s400/Peanut+basket.jpg
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 05:21 am
@Dutchy,
Quote:
a large parcel of mining shares in BHP Biliton!

Is that a subtle insider's tip Dutch?
spendius

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 05:30 am
@spendius,
Take care though Dutch. Little lads of 6 are quite capable of giving the opponents a cut if they are too well rewarded for scoring goals. You could buy his next pair of football boots.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 01:04 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Busy day ahead, got word last night the family is coming over this weekend, so better have the house ready.

Please take it easy BEAgle <wags finger> So very pleased for you and A that they're coming down. Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 01:08 pm
Evening Crew

thanky'all re rainbow - seeing is believing sometimes - it was stunning - and many thanks for S-boy wishes too - he was coco this morning having fallen asleep by 9pm last night!!!! 9pm ... and it was still light outside Shocked

I'm too tired to even think, fatigue's crahp - the last 24 hours have gone from functioning reasonably well, no, not well, really good - to hating my body with a vengeance and flaring today. My thumb does not look human - yeuch - tho I did enjoy school today spending most of my time behind the camera - and my knee and feet are nasty. Effing frustrating.

My car windscreen got dinged on the way to work with a flying stone - it now needs replaced (dammit) and I'm too tired to call anyone today - it'll have to wait until tomorrow after work or Friday. TV aerial is bust too so the haunted fish tank doesn't work - not that that's a problem - just a nuisance. In fact, both those things are pretty irrelevant in the bigger picture.

Must go eat something - tomato soup's prolly the best bet right now - then......... big boy meds and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thinking of those near and far, wishing the world well and at peace

Catch y'all tomorrow - g'nite x
Dutchy

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 03:32 pm
@Izzie,
Good night Izzie, hope the body recovers to some extent and you're feeling bertter tomorrow. (((Izzie)))
mismi

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:24 pm
@Dutchy,
I hope she's bertter tomorrow too. Smile Wink I couldn't help it. ((Dutchy))

I really do hope you feel better tomorrow Izzie.

We are taking it easy tonight...hugs to all xoxoxoxox
Dutchy

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:37 pm
@mismi,
You pedantic typo critic, my turn will come, just you wait miss sunshine. Wink
mismi

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:48 pm
@Dutchy,
Very Happy - you called me a "pedantic typo critic" - made me laugh out loud!

You wouldn't have to go far to see my typos dear man - they are inevitable.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 04:55:53