"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

McTag

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:54 am
@Barry The Mod,

I envy you, going to India.
The railways! It's a different world.
On these trains, you can get anything, from the entrepreneurs, mostly unofficial I think. Foods, all unfamiliar. Drinks. Reading material. Conversation, some intelligible. Loads of people speak English, and most are keen to converse. No windows, except on the AC carriages, and then you can't see out much. The porters with their red tunics and dhotis are very useful, and very reliable.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/113_1399.jpg

Well done Kaleb, getting his head engaged and all. Good luck
Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:12 am
@McTag,
Morning Morning Crew

how is everyone today?

have had a busy week with school and stuff going on and the weather has been wet and wild Shocked - thunder boomers, torrential rain and power outtages - but the sun is shining today and i finally managed to sleep for a bit. Break up from school next week so... that will be nice.

Little fella has been brilliant and helping me lots. R-boy is not too good right now, struggling, and it's hard to get my head around knowing he's alone and pretty much cut contact with everyone - in his words "the House abandoned him"... there's a thing. 24/7 - 10hrs support a week - 158 on own. Social worker sees/speaks to him once every 2 weeks Sad

so... plans for today - NONE Very Happy (well, appt later but that's abooot it) Was supposed to be going out for my colleagues leaving do tonight in the city, but can't quite make myself do it. Nem'mind. Off to London to the Bazza's in a couple weeks to see THE LION KING with Tulip and her family in the Big City, as a celebration for F-boys birthday. Yay - and will then go on to FQsis for a couple days hopefully - can't wait - they're on their hols in Egypt right now Razz

((Bazza)) guessing you're working tonight - ooof a? see ya soon Very Happy

BEAgle - so very pleased for you that you can finally start roaming around again and living life to the full. So so pleased - go out and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!! love... x

Misssy - ah, your little fellas will be home soon a? Hope your week went well, have been thinking of you too. Baseball this w-end? - hugs girlie x

POMcT - are you going on any hols this year, concerts coming up? How's the bass coming along - any news from the shop? Hoping you and FiB are both well and have a fab weekend. xx

Wishing we were but not gonna happen this summer (unless i suddenly push a button on the keyboard Razz ) . Ex is actually having little fella for one whole week Shocked and maybe a bit towards the end of the school break - but i have to wait for his schedule Rolling Eyes This will be a first, so it's very good for S-boy - he's delighted.

((Letty)) - hope all is well in your world - my rose bush here has many roses on it - they've all taken a bit of a battering over the last 2 days but today, they look stunning. ((Letty))

(((MaMaVerby))) - how's you - what's happening with Mumbai - any news yet? Hugs to you three xxx

Roberta wrote:

I had my first bout of cancer five years ago. Saw the doc today. I graduated!!! No more postcancer checkups. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is worth a HUGE celebration (((Boida))) Very Happy

((((Blue)))) - thinking of you - have a great weekend gallavanting Wink xox x

(((((Crew))))))

off to put 't kettle on...

Roberta

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:20 am
@Izzie,
Thanks for the yabber mention, Izzie. Good, good news. Working too hard to muster much energy, but I'm greatly relieved.

Sorry that things aren't better for R'boy. Phooey.

Don't work too hard. One of us in that state is enough.

Hugging you from Da Big Apple.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:13 am
@Izzie,
I have a cuppa please Izzie, white and one sugar. Glad to see you surfacing after your busy week but sorry for your worries over R-boy. Gee your 'sis' gets around, US one day, Europe all the time and Egypt at the moment. Lots to talk about when you meet up. Hope you, Tulip and the kids have a great trip to the big smoke in a couple of weeks. Will be able to go to the football tomorrow, first time in months, looking forward to it.

Joining the Captain for a cuppa. Wink
Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:30 am
@Dutchy,
Teas made... would you like to join me on the patio? It's been bucketing down again but the sun decided to peek out.

Gosh, D, I have been reading around the forum trying to do a little catchup and sheesh, I cannot believe the way some people think, but also they think out loud and say it seriously... gobsmacked! Shocked Stomach turning actually - yuk yuk yuk.

OK - gonna go sit outside whilst I've got a couple mins - little fella and I are gonna have a cleaning splurge later <pass the bin liner, tut is gonna be thrown> Smile

love you too D. x
JPB

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:44 am
@Izzie,
Good morning, Miz Iz and yabber crew.

Dropping by to catch up and to see that gorgeous baby!

Congrats, MM and Stacey on the birth of your new grandson.

Another hot and sunny day in Chitown. We finally caved and turned on the AC yesterday, which translates to J was finally able to get some sleep last night.

The heat wave continues, with much of the next week forecast to be in the 90s.

Stay cool, everyone.

Love you, Iz.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 06:13 am
@JPB,
Hiya JPD, in the nineties is a nice temperature, I'll swab you anyday at the moment. Winter here but I long for the summer when we have long periods of ninety and more. A/C gets turned on at 100! Smile
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:47 am
@JPB,
Im a few hours south of you, and I know its hot here, so its got to be hot up there.
I am in Ky, straight down US41 from you.

My grandson Alex is doing fine, he got to come home last night.
But he had to go to the pediatrician today, so the went back to Henderson this morning.
He just needs to put on some weight, according to the dr.

He will though, I'm sure of that.
verbivore

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 01:00 pm
@mysteryman,
@McT - ur description made me smile... I dont know how to explain..probably it is the same with every country..when u sit there and think in those terms...but India..definitely cannot be described or concluded with so much..with a whole bunch of languages...myriad cutltures, dialects, outlooks..vrything is just unpredictable!!!!
so ... u cannot reeaally trust the porters...foreigners are cnsidered "rich freaks" here and they try and extract as much as possible..
"without windows..except for a/c and then u cant see outside...na..i dnt knw if it was like tht ages before ...bt now trains do have windows..a/c or non a/c..and u can see outside
loads know english and many are keen to strike up a conv...yesss! but thn the english thts familiar with a crowd whos keen to strike up a conversation with a foreigner..will b slightly different Smile you got to train yourself to understand...but yeah theres a whole chunk of 'good-hearted' people who actually feel "elated" to talk to a foreigner!
bazza...me too gt many preps to do..im lazing out coz
we are in a STUPID STUPID condition ryte now!!!!
we brought a baby-sitter for H-boy and she left..we are supposed to vacate this house by 20th,...and we havent got a new place to move to!
In short we are "panicked"! without a baby-sitter...we both are doing shifts at work and managing H-boy and in between are n constant search for an apartment...
izzie..i guess tht sums up my silence now...am quite quite unsettled as of now..hope to settle soon!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:59 pm
@JPB,
Evening Crew

Boida - good news is to be shared and no better place than with the Motley Crew! I know you still have other medical things going on - but, one down... few more to go. Very pleased for the great news. Very Happy

((JPB)) - hotter 'n heck a? Glad you've put the AC on and got some sleep - ha, it was hot here the other night (about 18 deg!!!!!!!!!!! Razz ) and lotsa thunder and palava going on. Has been torrential raining on and off for the last few days - when the sun comes out you just never would believe we'd had the rain! Love you JPB - hugs to the B's x

errrrrrrrr, word of caution JPB... watch out for the Bosun
Dutchy wrote:

I'll swab you anyday at the moment.

he's got a hidden cotton bud lurking!!!!!!!! Wink
(ha, he made I chuckle)

Missy - how things in 'Bama? Week's over now and time for the littlies to come home - know you will have missed them. Big love. x

FQ - if you read - have the very best time on your hols. Letting the crew know that FIL is having the op on Thurs - bro will back in the UK by the time he wakens up. Good news - it's been a long wait for all the family. Posivibes and thoughts to MIL. xxxx

MM - ah, your little Alexfella is home already - he's teeny now but he'll gain weight and be strong like his Grampa! Are you still truckin? Did you get another truck after the accident - hoping y'all are OK out there. x

MaMaVerby - oooooh, you've got so much going on - talk when you can and wish girlie and know we are thinking of you. I'm here all weekend and sending you all the posivibes and mucho love. xxx

((Blue)) xox x

So, quiet night here and have been listening to music for the most part. Saw this video and loved it.

Under a Lilac Tree

(((((Crew))))

Dutchy

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:28 pm
@Izzie,
Morning crew, I just woke up and felt someone pulling my leg, when I looked up it was a smiling Captain trying to "swab" me. Laughing

Busy Saturday ahead, taking Mrs.B shopping first up, lunch at a friend's place and off to tghe football. The weather is cold but no rain, so"ll rug myself up. and wearing my beanie.

Best wishes to FQ's father in law, hope all will go well, keep us posted Izzie. Off for a cuppas and some brekkie. Catch you later.
Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:40 pm
@Dutchy,
bruhahahaha Bosun Razz

go get yer mop and bucket Wink

enjoy your lunch and footie... and beanie up boyo Very Happy

Laterzzzzz x

mismi

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:53 pm
@Izzie,
HI HI HI

gotta run. Wink hopefully will get to see you all tomorrow for longer

no baseball Iz...maybe on TV. But I really need to clean my house. yuck.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:00 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi, enjoy your house work Smile , meet you tomorrow. Decks all scrubbed spick and span Captain. Lifting anchor and heading out of the door. Ciao.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 08:08 am
@mismi,
hey hey hey Mis - ohhhhh, I had every intention of doing the same yesterday - we did some - but I feel the need to shuffle funiture again Razz Enjoy the weekend when you're not in clean mode - love those little fellaz on their return Very Happy

hey BEAgle - spit spot and all - excellent work - was the footie good? Cooking a roast a? mmmm... that would be nice... <thinks of what's in the freezer> hmmmmmm!

sun is shining and it's full steam ahead!

Laterz
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 09:15 am
@Izzie,
Izzie, Izzie on the wall, who is the fairest,......
Good day Izzie and crew.
Saturday. Yes, it is Saturday.
Summer is humming, wish not to blink.
Work and play, ,..a-- day.
Jungle I call garden would make Jack proud. (bean stalk character)
No bike still.
Whistling informed furniture is needed in an upstairs room.

Verbivore. Speaking of India. Do you have a garden. How many spice jars in your house? How spicy do you flavor?

Congratulations on the the aisle four pick up mystyeryman.

Sending tidings everyones way.

Izzie

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 10:05 am
@alex240101,
(((((((((((((((((((((AlexChap))))))))))))))))))))) Very Happy hugs you

alex240101 wrote:

Congratulations on the the aisle four pick up mystyeryman.

HA, LOVE THAT!

oh we are so easily distracted... little fella and I dancing....

being reallllllllllllllly silly shuffling furniture Very Happy

WE WILL CONQUER THE LOUNGE!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 04:10 pm

A bit of excitement round here tonight.

The alarm went off on one of the houses across the road. We went out to investigate ( this has happened several times before at this house, and ever time I checked, nothing was ever amiss) and maybe for that reason, I was slower than my lad in getting out. He saw a couple of men making off round the corner and up the street, and when we looked at the house, the side door had been kicked in.

So I got in my car with my lad and we drove off after them, and soon saw them. They saw us, saw my lad was on his mobile, and they split up. We followed one, while giving the police descriptions of both. The rozzers arrived a few minutes later, caught one in about ten minutes and the other one thirty minutes later, when we told them where he was.

So- result!
Izzie

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 04:20 pm
@McTag,
Huge result POMcT - Master of Arms - well done you two and the Boys in Blue methinks!

<ooooooh... see now I worry about that you might have got hurt - but then again, very proud of you for doing what you did!>

gosh, Mens Rea's in Manchester Shocked

Dutchy

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 05:43 pm
@Izzie,
Morning Izzie, Sunday morning here and I've just surfaced. Nice lie in after my trip to the football yesterday and feeling great. Mrs.B has made breakfast so I'll better join her. Have a great Sunday Captain whatever you're doing.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 09/21/2024 at 05:03:29