Hillary can't win.

echi

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:03 pm
A Clinton nomination would energize Republican voters and cause significant numbers of Democrats to stay home.
An Obama nomination does the opposite.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,539 • Replies: 26
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:09 pm
This is a bunch of bull.

If Hillary wins, the Democratic party will unite behind her and she can run a winning campaign against McCain and the wounded Republicans. No Democrats should stay home.

I am a strong Obama supporter... and I find this thread annoying (you can imagine how Clinton supporters will feel).

Let's make sure a Democrat gets in the White House. Working to unite instead of divide Democrats is a good start.
0 Replies

Kitten with a Whip

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:16 pm
I think it is possible that Hillary could lose to MCAin but it is unlikely that even the re-incarantion of Ronald Reagan could get elected as a Republican in 2008.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:48 pm
It is the truth as i see it. I don't know why she inspires such active resistance among right-leaning american voters throughout this country, but she does. It's real. A Clinton nomination ensures a conservative voter turnout of biblical proportions. She will need every last Obama vote to win the general election, but the only way she might become the nominee is if she attacks Obama. Hey, it's just my opinion.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:49 pm
Annoying or not, I think echi's right.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:52 pm
What exactly is a "voter turnout of biblical proportions"?

I must have missed the part of the Bible where they held democratic elections.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 02:55 pm
It's obviously hyperbole. But the point is still valid. On the other hand, the Republicans are still behind this war that three quarters of the country are against. That kind of stupidity may just give her a chance.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 03:04 pm
Americans are totally hysterical. They pick their candidates based on fashion, fear, or what the media tells them.

It has become a total non issue for me. We are screwed no matter what and we did it to ourselves and will continue to. We are finished as the predominant world power and I'm not so sure that's a bad thing.

Meanwhile everyone wants a musician and a dj and they generally pay cash, liberal or conservative :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
Each of us looks at this from their own perspective of course but I don't see a Republican force coming out so much as an independent shift from supporting a Democrat to supporting a moderate Republican. There are a few indy voters here who have indicated a fence-sitting position until the candidates for the general are official. Personally, I would vote for McCain over Hillary and Obama over McCain.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 03:13 pm
Good point, kickycan. That definitely would help to bring out the obama fans. I doubt it would cause any conflict in the conservative's mind, though -- I'm sure the conservative media will be praising the noble war effort ever louder right through election day.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 02:45 am
echi wrote:
It is the truth as i see it. I don't know why she inspires such active resistance among right-leaning american voters throughout this country, but she does. It's real. A Clinton nomination ensures a conservative voter turnout of biblical proportions. She will need every last Obama vote to win the general election, but the only way she might become the nominee is if she attacks Obama. Hey, it's just my opinion.

These right-leaning folks are exactly the ones that wouldn't vote for Jesus Christ himself, if he ran as a Democrat.

Any Hillary haters are already so alienated that they'd never vote for any of the other Democratic candidates anyway.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 03:23 am
I should hope not.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 06:55 am
ebrown_p wrote:
This is a bunch of bull.

If Hillary wins, the Democratic party will unite behind her and she can run a winning campaign against McCain and the wounded Republicans. No Democrats should stay home.

I am a strong Obama supporter... and I find this thread annoying (you can imagine how Clinton supporters will feel).

Let's make sure a Democrat gets in the White House. Working to unite instead of divide Democrats is a good start.

If she steals the nomination from Obama via Superdelegates or trying to make Florida and michigan "count", she will tear the party apart.

Can't wait for this battle to rage on!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 07:01 am
woiyo wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
This is a bunch of bull.

If she steals the nomination from Obama via Superdelegates or trying to make Florida and michigan "count", she will tear the party apart.

I hate to tell you Woiyo, the Democrats will work this out just fine before the convention.

We have this primary thing, and we have good mechanisms for working it out (in fact we will even get a few weeks of good press from it).... but all of the truly painful sores and deep rifts are on the Republican side.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 07:24 am
ebrown_p wrote:
woiyo wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
This is a bunch of bull.

I hate to tell you Woiyo, the Democrats will work this out just fine before the convention.

We have this primary thing, and we have good mechanisms for working it out (in fact we will even get a few weeks of good press from it).... but all of the truly painful sores and deep rifts are on the Republican side.

Well the Democrats have their mechanisms.....but Clinton has their own agenda. Don't ever forget that the Clintons think they are BIGGER than your "little" party.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 08:28 am
DrewDad wrote:
echi wrote:

These right-leaning folks are exactly the ones that wouldn't vote for Jesus Christ himself, if he ran as a Democrat.

Any Hillary haters are already so alienated that they'd never vote for any of the other Democratic candidates anyway.
Of course not. But they will come out to vote against her -- i.e. FOR the Republican -- whereas they would just as soon sit this one out if the Democratic nominee happens to be Obama. That's all I'm saying. It doesn't much matter that McCain is a weak candidate -- no one would do a better job rallying the Republican vote than Mrs. Clinton. (I hope I am wrong.)
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 08:51 am
ebrown_p wrote:

I'm not a Democrat, so I'll trust you on that, but if as Woiyo proposed, Clinton loses the popular total but wins on superdelegates, I think the Democrats will have written off the independent vote.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 09:03 am
Re: Hillary can't win.
echi wrote:
A Clinton nomination would energize Republican voters and cause significant numbers of Democrats to stay home.
An Obama nomination does the opposite.

Have you had an IQ test recently?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 09:07 am
echi wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
echi wrote:

Of course not. But they will come out to vote against her -- i.e. FOR the Republican -- whereas they would just as soon sit this one out if the Democratic nominee happens to be Obama. That's all I'm saying. It doesn't much matter that McCain is a weak candidate -- no one would do a better job rallying the Republican vote than Mrs. Clinton. (I hope I am wrong.)

If the candidate is Obama, I won't bother to vote. That's straight talk from a Hillary Clinton-Independent.

Why anyone would vote for Hussein Obama is beyond my comprehension.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 09:19 am
Miller wrote:
echi wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
echi wrote:

If the candidate is Obama, I won't bother to vote. That's straight talk from a Hillary Clinton-Independent.

Why anyone would vote for Hussein Obama is beyond my comprehension.

I've asked you the opposite question about why you would vote for Clinton. Still waiting for a serious answer.
0 Replies