dagmaraka

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:41 pm
me too, dadpad. today's computing experiences are making me thinking of finally converting to Mac, which i have sworn would never happen. 3 times this *&^%!*&^%!! machine demanded from me to restart it, each time downloading som different updates that required restart. Gah. Plague of locusts on it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:46 pm
Shocked

She just cursed her computer - is she crazy?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:06 pm
oops.

by 'it' i meant the PC makers...the Microsoft ....the Windows and the like....surely not my pretty pretty tablet.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:07 pm
good save!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 03:58 am
Re: Heathen Club
dagmaraka wrote:
In the eyes of countless religions, I'm going to hell.

Going to? Your avatar always let me to believe you were posting from hell. Anyway, I'm just an atheist, but it's nice to know I'll be in good company.

littlek wrote:
good save!

Are you sure? The Microsoft probably heard her. Maybe she can do some of her heathenly Voodoo puppet tricks to weaken his inevitable attack.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 04:48 am
Thomas wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
In the eyes of countless religions, I'm going to hell.

Going to? Your avatar always let me to believe you were posting from hell. Anyway, I'm just an atheist, but it's nice to know I'll be in good company.

littlek wrote:
good save!

Are you sure? The Microsoft probably heard her. Maybe she can do some of her heathenly Voodoo puppet tricks to weaken his inevitable attack.

Pshaw! He's tiny and a softie......
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:21 am
dlowan wrote:

So are other personalities, present company included, that are better left unprovoked.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:54 am
i'm afraid voodoo won't work over here in heathen club. that's for pagans and somesuch similar folk. we have no beliefs here whatsoever. you are what you is and then you turn to dust. simple.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:23 am
dagmaraka wrote:
i'm afraid voodoo won't work over here in heathen club. that's for pagans and somesuch similar folk. we have no beliefs here whatsoever. you are what you is and then you turn to dust. simple.

Ah! So this is an exclusive heathen club, restricted to Webster definition 2 heathens only. Webster definition 1 heathens, including wiccans, pagans, and so forth, need not apply. Got it.

Well, I guess that makes it almost makes it inevitable that we have a schism between true believers and liberals, splitting the A2K heathen community right through the middle. It was only a matter of time, I guess. Why should we heathens be any better than the rest of 'em?

<searching the Christian threads for nasty things to say about true believer heathens.>

<trying to find those discussions that usually start with: "Members of class X may say they are Christians, but they're really not. And I'm the authority to decide this.">

... well, I'm too lazy to do my homework today. Let's just say that hereby I insult you in the worst possible way.

<reaching for my doll and my needles too. You never know ...>
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 04:44 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
while heathen' is essentially the same, for some reason it doesn't irritate me as much.

I never thought about it, but it's a good point. For one thing, "heathen" doesn't have an "ism" in it; for another, it doesn't make an "ism" out of something that you're not. Now that you've introduced me to "heathen", "atheist" sounds a bit like "a-unicornist", "irracist", or "non-astrologer". I guess I'll re-label myself pretty soon.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 04:53 pm
I'm a born again fundamentalist heathen...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
I thought at first I wanted to be a Pagan but I was told I would have to buy a motorcycle. Since zipping around the countryside in the open air messes up my hair and creates an unplesant sound in my ears I've decided against being a Pagan and would like to know if I can be a Heathen? Is there a test?????
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:01 pm
I don't think so, but if they ban motorcycles, I may be screwed...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:01 pm
Um.... sure. Do, um........ do you believe in any god?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:05 pm
littlek wrote:

I don't know, how many do you have??????
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:25 pm
glitterbag wrote:
littlek wrote:

I don't know, how many do you have??????

None.

So do you believe in any gods?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 12:13 am
Gods are optional here...I am loosening up the boundaries. Just no straight-up religion of any sort, ya hear?

I spent the night in a gay night club - went to see the opening of the play Medea by my theatre company and then joined in the festivities...it was my friend's birthday. I got to stuff dollar bills down the pole dancing stud's speedo... several times. they're all gay anyways, so who cares, but i had a heathenly time!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 12:34 am
I suppose I beleive in a benevolent spirit who has the best intentions regarding all of us. I'm hard pressed to think of a deity that would love us less than our parents do....so I want to relax and bask in the glow of those who care about us.......I just have a hard time with organized religion....it always seems to get mucked up.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 05:43 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm a born again fundamentalist heathen...

May the Holy Trinity of Adam Smith, Darwin, and Freud bless your sou... I mean, may your gigs be obscenely profitable, your groupies and offspring numerous, and your ego eternally boosted.

Dagmaraka wrote:
Gods are optional here...I am loosening up the boundaries. Just no straight-up religion of any sort, ya hear?

Schism averted. Yet another good save.

Dagmaraka wrote:
I got to stuff dollar bills down the pole dancing stud's speedo... several times. they're all gay anyways, so who cares, but i had a heathenly time!

Right on!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 05:48 am
Thomas wrote:
dlowan wrote:

So are other personalities, present company included, that are better left unprovoked.

I'm not tiny.

I'm glad we don't have schism.

I've always been a tad turned on by Pan. And Dionysos, of course.....
0 Replies