Survivor: Fans vs. Favs.

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:52 pm
So did Fairplay really want to go home or was he side swiped? I thought they talked about it being a ploy in order to throw the other alliance off and vote out Liz/Liza (?). I was distracted when watching.

I'm cheering for YaoMan again. As much as I like James, I'll take brains over brawn any day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,338 • Replies: 32
No top replies

caribou

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 10:03 pm
I wasn't thinking much about the idea of this season... until I watched it and had many laugh out loud moments.

It could be interesting.

Yau-man bashing Fairplay into the canoe! Ha!

Ozzie/ Amanda, James/Parvati. What are those boys thinking?

Go Fans!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:01 am
Favs my ass. Yes, I like Yau-man and James. Other favs? Who they hell are they? I remember Johnny Fairplay. A fav? Glad he's gone.

Too soon for me to distinguish one fan from the other.

This could be interesting, but in the past, gimmicky stuff hasn't worked well on reality shows.

We'll see.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:43 am
Yau-man's back? Cool.

I didn't know this had started. Who else is on it?

Can't imagine Yau-man doing as well this time because being under the radar was a big percentage of his game.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:14 pm
I think Fairplay was trying to play both sides and when he started making up another story no one believed him. He made it sound like he wanted off to save face only.

Loved the Yau Man knocking Fairplay down and getting idol. Another proof he wanted to stay Fairplay said how he planned to get Yao voted off.

I like the Fans to win. I think the Favs are overconfident - hooking up with girls, bragging about how they have so much food. Also, as far as outwit - since everyone knows the Favs personalities it will make it more difficult to outwit., A

The Favs - James, Pavoriti, Amanda, Ozzie, Amanda, Eliza, Ami, Jonathan, Cirie, Fairplay - don't remember which ones they were all on.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 06:16 pm
Definitely too much mushy stuff going on. These people need to concentrate on the game, or they're gonna end up out of it.

Liked what happened with the fans. Good-bye Mary. Who was more stunned? She or her boyfriend?

The favs seem to have enough food this time. These people need to be more hungry.

BTW, loved watching Ozzie dive and swim. Smile
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 07:11 pm
So does anyone think that fake idol Ozzie created is going to fool anyone?

Chet is pathetic, he needs to have his torch extinguished, and I think he's ready to do it himself.

Now that Cerise executed Yauman, I want her to be back stabbed by the four orgy people that she alined with. I'm not likin' James as much this trip.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:03 pm
Green Witch wrote:
So does anyone think that fake idol Ozzie created is going to fool anyone?

Chet is pathetic, he needs to have his torch extinguished, and I think he's ready to do it himself.

Now that Cerise executed Yauman, I want her to be back stabbed by the four orgy people that she alined with. I'm not likin' James as much this trip.

Funny about James - I didn't like him at first on the other Survivor he was on. I remember him making some sexist remarks.

I had some hopes for the other team until they booted one of their stronger players and let Chet stay. Not only is he physically useless - he is mentally out of the game.

Although if they do change up the teams like what was indicated this could change things quite a bit.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 05:40 pm
"It's a f%^&g stick!"

I hope it gets a little more interesting now.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 01:29 pm
Last night is another example of will they ever learn from past - always get too cocky and over confident and boom you're kicked off. Ozzie, even knowing that he has been talked about being voted off does not use the immunity idol. Idiot, if he used it, he would have removed his biggest threat in challenges. Instead he pulled a "James". And what the heck - wouldn't James remember what happened to him and suggest to Ozzie he use it - seeing they are in an alliance, the idol would be used thus having him and Ozzie even.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 01:36 pm
I thought last night's show was great. I was glad to see Ozzie go - he was too cocky and starting to get really catty about Jason. Eliza's reactions as the whole thing unfolded were hilarious.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 01:53 pm
I definately loved it!

I love when some one gets so full of themself and then wham!!!

But you would think they would have learned.

Jason isn't the brightest bulb in the world, but it is nice to see some one show that Ozzie isn't as awesome as he thinks he is.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 02:38 pm
Cirie has orchestrated a lot of the moves, while keeping a low profile. She's playing smart.

Bye Ozzy. Now the previous "in-group" is outnumbered. Those people had better start winning challenges.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 02:44 pm
Last night was just classic. James saying "I thought I was the dumbest person to ever play Survivor" about Jason. Everyone with their little finger crossing promises. Ozzie saying how easy it is to lie and snickering about Jason falling for it and then getting all pissy about people lying and giving him the boot. Cirie is definately the master manipulator. I thought last night's episode was one of the best shows in years.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 02:48 pm
I was going to ask about Cirie, how she's doing (haven't been following at all). Glad she's still in and doing her social-genius stuff. :-D
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 03:30 pm
She's completely wicked! She reads people so well and always makes them think that her ideas are their ideas. Amazing. She's also still way under the radar. I don't think her name has been mentioned at all.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 03:34 pm
boomerang wrote:
Last night was just classic. James saying "I thought I was the dumbest person to ever play Survivor" about Jason. Everyone with their little finger crossing promises. Ozzie saying how easy it is to lie and snickering about Jason falling for it and then getting all pissy about people lying and giving him the boot. Cirie is definately the master manipulator. I thought last night's episode was one of the best shows in years.

What the f*ck with the finger crossing? Are we all in first grade? Wow the heck as an adult makes a promise and then crosses their fingers - like that means it is o-k to break a promise? You still broke a promise. I have more respect for the ones that said yeah, I won't vote you out and still knowing full well they would without crossing their fingers (it is a game) and realized that whether they crossed their finger or not, they did break a promise.

Who the heck doesn't break a promise in the game?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 04:19 am
This is a doozy season. Amanda gets four out of six votes, but she fooled them all. She had the immunity idol.

James was ordered out by a doctor--major infection.

What next? Or should I say who next?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:22 am
This show lost all interest for me when it was discovered in the third season that it was maneuvered and tightly orchestrated. The word "reality" has nothing to do with anything. I refuse to be manipulated so Ive stayed away ever since they started to hog up their sets with tikis and crappy decorations.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 06:14 am
So take your marbles and go home, Farmerman. We like the tacky tikis and faux grass huts. It's a friggin game show, not National Geographic.

Finally, a good use for an immunity idol. The faces of all the different people seeing the wheel of fortune turn was the best.

I liked Eric's comment about James "being the last man". He's right. Eric is what I think of a "guy" - neither boy nor man, he's a chrysalis morphing from one stage into the another.
0 Replies