Does Bush know he sucks?

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 03:51 pm
Bush has released his budget.

Do you think he is intelligent enough to know just how bad his presidency was???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 752 • Replies: 10
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 03:57 pm
I was just wondering something along these lines yesterday. Do assh*les know they're assh*les and just don't care, or do they actually believe they aren't assh*les?

I believe Bush is in the second category. He is truly clueless about his own incompetence. How could he not be? He's been moved up the ladder his whole life, after every failure. He's a coddled, smug little prick.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 03:59 pm
He's very lonely and he needs a hug.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 04:09 pm
Here is a hug.
I stoutly oppose those who wish to belittle the intellectual faculties of BUSH and his ardent admirors.
BUSH had got a hug from Indian PM( India is my birthplace not by choice but by chance)
and Bush had patted the lady on the back who happens to be a person in Germany( where I live)
I wish not to butcher the torturing Bush during his fag end of his political life.
He had exposed his intellectual acumen as the UNITER and not a DIVDER
He had united the non-American globe and divided his own home country.
Right from the first day i sensed that here is a man who present the inadequacies of US populace.
Rama
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 07:53 am
Not only does Bush not know he sucks but apparently all the republican candidates don't know it as they vow they are just going to continue the same policies.

Quote:
On issue after issue, John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee have shown themselves eager to carry on President Bush's legacy. There has been almost no distinction between their rhetoric in recent GOP debates and Bush's 2008 State of the Union address. What they have promised, essentially, is a third Bush term. A look at the issues:

Taxes: "[M]ake the tax relief permanent."

Immigration: "America needs to secure our borders."

Iraq Surge: "[S]ome may deny the surge is working, but among the terrorists there is no doubt."

Iraq Withdrawal: "We will not rest until this enemy has been defeated."

Health Care: "The best way to achieve that goal is by expanding consumer choice, not government control."

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/05/third-bush-term/
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 08:58 am
What other policies would you suggest?

Should we all wear tie dye, smoke dope all day and sing Kumbaya?

Is that what you want?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 09:15 am
cjhsa wrote:

Is that what you want?
Just a thought here but perhaps we could elect a democrat and reduce government spending back to drunk sailor status rather than Bush/republican "it's ok, we can have our kids pay for it by not actually putting it (spending) in the budget)
go for it Shiksa and sing your heart out.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 09:30 am
You will never get spending under control electing either of the major party candidates.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 09:30 am
cjhsa wrote:

Is that what you want?

No; I don't believe in recreational drugs; but I don't think it should be prosecuted to the extent it is. If you want to sing and wear tie dye; be my guest.

What I do suggest however; is having a better health care system where all people have affordable health care. I suggest getting rid of the current tax cuts which only benefit the wealthiest in the country and does nothing for the middle class and also strips our government of needed services such as disabled children having access to schools with medicare paying for special buses and other services. Consumer choice is just code word for insurance choice since they control our health services.

I suggest at least scaling back in Iraq so that we can concentrate on other needs and to keep our economy from being sucked dry and giving control over to Iraqis with us just being there to support in deed and not in just empty words and eventually withdrawing all together; like Obama recommends.

There are other alternatives to issues besides tax cuts and war; which to do date has not solved anything. Middle class is eroding and falling into poverty and AQ is just as strong as ever. We should go back to responding to threats by monitoring them and responding as needed;you know swatting flies and getting rid of extra perks just for the rich in that outmoded Reagan trickle down theory which never works as has proven by the test of actually doing in republican adminstrations.
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 09:33 am
for someone who thinks we "Misunderestimate"....i have nothing else to say...
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 02:21 pm
Prof. Peter Shane of Ohio State University law school believes the current Bush administration is creating faux law. He told IPS, ‘The Bush Administration’s repeated utterance of its constitutional philosophy shapes executive branch behavior by solidifying allegiance to norms of hostility to external accountability.’

‘Like the torture memo or the rationalizations for warrantless NSA wiretapping of domestic telephone calls, the Bush 43 signing statements embody both a disregard for the institutional authorities of the other branches — especially Congress — and a disregard for the necessity to ground legal claims in plausible law. They are best understood as an attempt to invent law, and as an exploitation of Congress’s unwillingness, at least while in Republican hands, to allow the administration’s more extreme theories of presidential authority to go unchallenged,’ he said.

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/02/06/6884/
0 Replies