Defending Israel to the 'End Times

Zippo

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 02:31 pm
Quote:

These are busy days for Christian Zionists. While President Bush recently returned from his trip to the Middle East "optimistic" that a peace agreement between the Israelis and Palestinians could be reached by the end of the year, Pastor John Hagee's Christian United for Israel (CUFI) is setting forth plans to put the kibosh" if not on the entire peace process" on any agreement that would sanction the division of Jerusalem. And Dr. Mike Evans has launched a "Save Jerusalem Campaign" while Joel C. Rosenberg's Joshua Fund is planning a major celebration in Jerusalem in honor of Israel's 60th anniversary.

Fundamentalists of any stripe annoy me, because they see the world through the (only black or white) perspective of a particular religious text, which is always treated as the literal word of God.

But so-called Christian Zionists scare the absolute stuffing out of me.

These are people who truly believe that if they can become enablers to the process of setting off some global conflagration, that will enable their biblical prophecy of the "end days" to be fulfilled.

I kind of hate to rain on their parade of absolute certainty, but I do have a question: who would Jesus bomb?

It gives that old hymn "Onward, Christian Soldiers, Marching as to War" a whole new meaning.<p>And on top of it all, if they really knew what most Israeli Jews thought of them, they would be absolutely shocked and amazed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 295 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 06:00 pm
This reminds me of a song by Janes addition

JANE'S ADDICTION

"Idiots Rule"

I got a lie
A fat fuckin' lie
About a law
Idiots obey
They made it easy
Now cheaters have their way
You hi-di-ho's
You're living on your knees

Forget the rule!
Oh - idiots rule!
Forget the rule!
Oh - idiots rule!

Now there's a time...
But i say non like now
There's a time
Where idiots are bound
If there's a pole
Planted in your back
Then you're a fixture
Not a man

Forget the rule!
Oh - idiots rule!
Forget the rule!
Oh - idiots rule!
Idiots!
Idiots rule!
Idiots!
Idiots rule!
Idiots!
Idiots rule!

You know that man
You hate?
You look more like him
Every day everyday
Hi-di-hos!
2 good shoes
Won't save your soul
Idiots rule!
Idiots rule!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 05:03 pm
Re: Defending Israel to the 'End Times
Zippo wrote:
Quote:

These are busy days for Christian Zionists. While President Bush recently returned from his trip to the Middle East "optimistic" that a peace agreement between the Israelis and Palestinians could be reached by the end of the year, Pastor John Hagee's Christian United for Israel (CUFI) is setting forth plans to put the kibosh" if not on the entire peace process" on any agreement that would sanction the division of Jerusalem. And Dr. Mike Evans has launched a "Save Jerusalem Campaign" while Joel C. Rosenberg's Joshua Fund is planning a major celebration in Jerusalem in honor of Israel's 60th anniversary.

Fundamentalists of any stripe annoy me, because they see the world through the (only black or white) perspective of a particular religious text, which is always treated as the literal word of God.

But so-called Christian Zionists scare the absolute stuffing out of me.

These are people who truly believe that if they can become enablers to the process of setting off some global conflagration, that will enable their biblical prophecy of the "end days" to be fulfilled.

I kind of hate to rain on their parade of absolute certainty, but I do have a question: who would Jesus bomb?

It gives that old hymn "Onward, Christian Soldiers, Marching as to War" a whole new meaning.<p>And on top of it all, if they really knew what most Israeli Jews thought of them, they would be absolutely shocked and amazed.

You have stuffing?

Anyway, Christian Zionists should not scare you. I believe, you should be comforted that so many Americans are caring towards America and Israel? Christian Zionists also tend to be conservative on social issues. I think they are a bulwark against society unraveling.
0 Replies