The excitement that is Obama!

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:42 am
You have to see this video.

www.dipdive.com

The Obama campaign is about hope and promise. More than any other candidate he offers clear principled solutions combined with idealism and hope.

We can win.

All we need is your vote.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 567 • Replies: 19
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:49 am
ebrown, I guess I have never understood why a man with your political views would choose Tom Tancredo as an avatar.

Would you be kind enough to enlighten me.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:51 am
It was meant as a joke (and surprisingly no one else has even noticed).

I will change it today.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:52 am
I noticed!!

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2553090#2553090
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:54 am
Good video.

Idealism has come back. May he not let anyone down. I don't think he will.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:54 am
I noticed, long ago, we shared a laugh over the irony iirc.

You are correct though that Obama has the ability to excite and motivate people.

And who thinks this is going to stop when the election is over? Not me. I am far more personally engaged now then I ever have been before. I know that the problems we face aren't going to be magically solved when he is elected president. It is going to take tons of hard work and tough times and yes, some compromises that I will not be happy with.

But that's the beauty of his whole deal. He makes me want to get off of my lazy ass and work. Millions more like me. It's People powered politics at its' finest. An example of how things get done.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 12:06 pm
Thanks McTag and Cyclo...

The country needs a leader with idealism. I am even impressed that when Obama talks about his campaign... he talks more about us then himself. The people centered description is right on.

Sozobe, A little while ago I saw poster of your avatar on the MBTA. Funny thing, I immediately thought of you without even noticing what the poster was for. ((I am not sure, but this may mean I spend too much time on A2K.))
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 12:10 pm
Obama in Albuquerque:

Quote:

While I was lucky enough to be in the Kiva, those who were not so lucky still got to see the man of the hour. Those of us in the auditorium were wondering why he was running so late; the event was scheduled to begin at 1:15, but Obama did not arrive until 1:50. Before the economic summit began, Barack addressed a crowd of around 1,000 people outside the Kiva auditorium who couldn't make it into the main room, or our two overflow rooms. There is an amazing energy all throughout this massive building and in the streets of Albuquerque.

That's what I'm talking about right there. Taking the time to put those who couldn't make it in, first. To show them that they mattered as much as anyone else, even though they weren't a photo op and weren't on the schedule. That's the kind of stuff that makes people proud to vote and work for the guy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 12:11 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Sozobe, A little while ago I saw poster of your avatar on the MBTA. Funny thing, I immediately thought of you without even noticing what the poster was for. ((I am not sure, but this may mean I spend too much time on A2K.))

Laughing

Sozlet always does that when we see Rosie someplace -- "Look, it's you!"
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 12:26 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Obama in Albuquerque:

Quote:

While I was lucky enough to be in the Kiva, those who were not so lucky still got to see the man of the hour. Those of us in the auditorium were wondering why he was running so late; the event was scheduled to begin at 1:15, but Obama did not arrive until 1:50. Before the economic summit began, Barack addressed a crowd of around 1,000 people outside the Kiva auditorium who couldn't make it into the main room, or our two overflow rooms. There is an amazing energy all throughout this massive building and in the streets of Albuquerque.

That's what I'm talking about right there. Taking the time to put those who couldn't make it in, first. To show them that they mattered as much as anyone else, even though they weren't a photo op and weren't on the schedule. That's the kind of stuff that makes people proud to vote and work for the guy.

Cycloptichorn

I completely agree. Obama brings hope to all of us who are severely frostbitten by the Bush administration.

The Billary (Bill+Hillary) camp can never convey such enthusiasm.

Ironically, I got into a traffic jam yesterday at our local state university,
as Hillary was arriving to speak at the sports arena there.... rather annoying all the police activity.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 12:40 pm
Thanks for taking the time to explain what Billary meant, Jane.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 12:54 pm
Doesn't it fit well for their campaign, gustav?
Especially after Bill is grazing through the southern heartland (rooting for Hillary) which he hasn't seen since his own campaign trail.

Just say No to Billary!!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 12:59 pm
In Obama's name, Amen!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:01 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Especially after Bill is grazing through the southern heartland (rooting for Hillary) which he hasn't seen since his own campaign trail.

Just say No to Billary!!

It is too early in the game for me to dismiss Hillary because of Obama's eloquence.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:03 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

It is too early in the game for me to dismiss Hillary because of Obama's eloquence.

It is the Obamaniacs that DO have such a disdain for Clinton that make me weary of Obama.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:05 pm
I never liked the Clintonians, even before Obamarama, maposche.

Gustav, you can do as you please!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:09 pm
maporsche wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

It is the Obamaniacs that DO have such a disdain for Clinton that make me weary of Obama.

It is Clinton's actions which make people disdain her candidacy. You've blinded yourself to this fact.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:12 pm
I am neither a Clintonian or an Obamian, but merely a spectator delighted in seeing the advent of Bush's departure upon us.

Anyone, at this time, will fill the office quite nicely.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:16 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Anyone, at this time, will fill the office quite nicely.

Well, I am a bit more demanding. I don't want just anyone!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:25 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

Just say No to Billary!!

If Hillary wins the primary I will be happy to support her in the general election. I am sure she would make a fine president. But...

I am convinced that Obama is the best candidate.

He has idealism and inspires idealism in other people. This is the mark of a leader. Being able to unite people for a common goal is a valuable skill for a president.

He is able to articulate his positions on difficult issues... and he can take a stand when necessary. He has shown this on issues from the war, to immigration.

He gives thoughtful answers even when they are simple or politically expedient. His position on talking to leaders in Iran is a great example of this.

It is fortunate that we have two strong Democratic candidates. Hillary would be a fine candidate and she would certainly have my full support in the general election. I certainly didn't intend this thread to be attacking anyone.

Obama brings hope, idealism and change. He has the character of a great leader combined with principles and has shown the courage to stand up for what is right.

I feel strongly that an Obama presidency is the best thing for the country.
0 Replies