Obama Supports Sex-Ed for Babies

Miller

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 12:47 pm
Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

July 18, 2007 1:13 PM

ABC News' Teddy Davis and Lindsey Ellerson Report: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told Planned Parenthood Tuesday that sex education for kindergarteners, as long as it is "age-appropriate," is "the right thing to do."

"I remember Alan Keyes . . . I remember him using this in his campaign against me," Obama said in reference to the conservative firebrand who ran against him for the U.S. Senate in 2004. Sex education for kindergarteners had become an issue in his race against Keyes because of Obama's work on the issue as chairman of the health committee in the Illinois state Senate.

"'Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners,'" said Obama mimicking Keyes' distinctive style of speech. "Which -- I didn't know what to tell him (laughter)."

"But it's the right thing to do," Obama continued, "to provide age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools."

ABC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,572 • Replies: 26
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:13 pm
Re: Obama Supports Sex-Ed for Babies
Miller wrote:

ABC News' Teddy Davis and Lindsey Ellerson Report: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told Planned Parenthood Tuesday that sex education for kindergarteners, as long as it is "age-appropriate," is "the right thing to do."

"I remember Alan Keyes . . . I remember him using this in his campaign against me," Obama said in reference to the conservative firebrand who ran against him for the U.S. Senate in 2004. Sex education for kindergarteners had become an issue in his race against Keyes because of Obama's work on the issue as chairman of the health committee in the Illinois state Senate.

"'Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners,'" said Obama mimicking Keyes' distinctive style of speech. "Which -- I didn't know what to tell him (laughter)."

"But it's the right thing to do," Obama continued, "to provide age-appropriate sex education, science-based sex education in schools."

ABC

Why do you have a problem with telling 6 yr olds about the birds and the bees? Maybe you have better information than the article provides, but I wonder what your definition of age appropriate sex ed is.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:14 pm
Miller, you are a hater. Admit it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:15 pm
So what? He said age age-appropriate. Children that age have questions just as much as older children about where babies come from. I don't see anything wrong with a school telling them where in a general fashion without getting into too much details which would only confuse them. I imagine the only getting hot under the collar would be the ones uncomfortable with sex education in the first place.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:18 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I know; someone should do a search on just how many threads miller has on Obama. (not good at searches here in this forum) He/She is obsessed.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:28 pm
woiyo wrote:
Miller wrote:

ABC

Why do you have a problem with telling 6 yr olds about the birds and the bees? Maybe you have better information than the article provides, but I wonder what your definition of age appropriate sex ed is.

Teaching babies sex ed in the age range 2-5 years of age is a waste of time. So what purpose would it serve?

Kids find out about sex on their own and at the age of 2 they aren't thinking about the "birds and the bees".
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:30 pm
revel wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I know; someone should do a search on just how many threads miller has on Obama. (not good at searches here in this forum) He/She is obsessed.

And OBAMA 08 isn't an obsession? Get real... Shocked

The OBAMA 08 thread has 8108 posts... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:34 pm
Actually, I found a lot of different sources than this falsification by Miller from - quoted by her - July 18, 2007 1:13 PM.

Thanks to google and newspaper subscriptions, Miller's lies are easily to spot.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:55 pm
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/sex-ed-for-kind.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 02:37 pm
Miller wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Miller wrote:

ABC

Teaching babies sex ed in the age range 2-5 years of age is a waste of time. So what purpose would it serve?

Kids find out about sex on their own and at the age of 2 they aren't thinking about the "birds and the bees".

Age 2? Is that when they start kindergarten?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:12 pm
woiyo wrote:

From 3 months onwards here.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:13 pm
Age 5 here.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:14 pm

Besides being OLD NEWS, Sex-ed for Babies? That is just a lie.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
woiyo wrote:

From 3 months onwards here.

Kids enter day care/kindergarten at age 2 months in most parts of the USA.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:20 pm
Miller wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Miller wrote:

ABC

You have to be five by the cut off date sometime around October. I am the mother of two daughters and the grandmother of one; I can tell you; they are interested by then. Parents should do their part in teaching about morality and the consequences of early sexual behavior to pre-teens and upwards but I don't see anything wrong in teaching facts of how babies get here to grade schoolers and even kindergardeners in schools. Believe me they want to know and it is not as easy to answer that as it might seem in a clear logical manner which don't get them more confused. A little professional help don't hurt nothing.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:22 pm
Quote:
A little professional help don't hurt nothing

Say what?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:23 pm
Miller wrote:
Kids enter day care/kindergarten at age 2 months in most parts of the USA.

Fine.

You can go here to to day care from ... I don't know what age.

But I was merely giving the date for the earliest entry in kindergarten in Germany.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:27 pm
Yes, daycare is not synonymous with kindergarten.

Revel is right about cut-off dates. Sometimes kids are entered into kindergarten late -- "redshirted" -- but early entrance almost never happens these days.

Perhaps you were thinking of "preschool," Miller?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:34 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yes, daycare is not synonymous with kindergarten.

Revel is right about cut-off dates. Sometimes kids are entered into kindergarten late -- "redshirted" -- but early entrance almost never happens these days.

"Thinking"?????????????
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 03:43 pm
sozobe wrote:

Preschool is often called "daycare".
0 Replies