See Berlin before you die

McTag

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 04:09 pm
Well thank you, gentlemen, and ladies too, I have just discovered this site and it is the widest site I have ever seen.

I want to go to Berlin, I have never been there and everyone says it's wonderful. My wife's not a keen flier, though, and I may have to go by myself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 04:34 pm
http://stern.de/_content/51/11/511124/schwein400_250.jpg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 04:41 pm
hi, mc tag : i agree, it must be the widest site - i'll need two screens side-by-side; but i would also say that it is a very interesting and well-designed site. certainly plenty to look at before going. have you considered the train? some years ago we stopped over in london before going on to hamburg/germany by taking the overnight ferry from harwich; quite an interesting cruise. the ferry now goes to cuxhaven (at the mouth of the elbe river) and the boat-train takes passengers to hamburg in about an hour (about another two hours from hamburg to berlin). it's a lot faster, but certainly not as interesting as going up the elbe river by ship. hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 04:55 pm
anyone planning to visit berlin or just visit on the internet might want to go to this site : www.berlin-tourist-information.de/index.html.en it's excellent for making hotel bookings; the price we got through the site was close to 50 % LESS than the rate quoted by the hotel ! we had the same experience when booking a hotel in vienna a couple of years ago. however when booking a hotel in lugano/switzerland(where we will go after visiting berlin), we got a slightly better rate by "haggling" with the hotel directly. still, the hotelprices in switzerland are pretty steep; but the hotels do seem to be of a very high quality. hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 07:45 pm
Somewhere in my photos I have a pic of a warning sign in Chianti about wild boars... will scan and post if I find it.
0 Replies