Janet Reno Endorses clinton

Miller

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 03:28 pm
Janet Reno endorses Clinton

Former U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno, who served in Bill Clinton's administration, is backing his wife in Tuesday's presidential primary.

Reno, who ran for governor in 2002 and served as Miami-Dade State Attorney, is one of Florida's best-known politicians. "She's got a large statewide following in Florida,'' said Ana Cruz, who leads a volunteer group called Hillary for Florida.

A Miami Herald poll last week showed that women voters favor Clinton over chief rival Barack Obama, 45 to 21 percent. But Florida's highest ranking female Democrat, Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink, has stayed neutral in the race.

"We haven't stopped pursing her endorsement,'' Cruz said.

Miami Herald
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 769 • Replies: 5
No top replies

paull

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 03:33 pm
LOL, she said "pursing".

And, this isn't news, except as one more reason not to vote for Hillarious.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 03:45 pm
That's a decent endorsement. It looks like Clinton is going to try to steal some cheap delegates by winning big in Florida and trying to get their delegates re-instated.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:38 am
You know she really wasn't too bad as an attorney (not talking about the Waco or ruby ridge tragedies) as far as being a toady for the Clintons. When it came to it; she tapped a republican to look into the allegations of the Clintons. Not only that but the democrats who were in charge of congress at the time reauthorized the special prosecutor's statute. Of course we all know how it went from there after Star was appointed who was a loyal partisan hack for the former Bush administration.
American Heritage

God; do we really want to go through all this all over again with basically the same players playing the same scripts? I hope not; I wish she never announced her candidacy but allowed them both to continue on with the roles they have now which is not bad.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:42 am
revel wrote:
You know she really wasn't too bad as an attorney (not talking about the Waco or ruby ridge tragedies) as far as being a toady for the Clintons.

I agree. I thought Reno did a fine job under difficult circumstances. She certainly didn't let the Clintons run her over. Not that I'll vote for Clinton in the primaries, but Reno's endorsement does carry some weight for me.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:29 pm
I always dug her as a high-handed top-cop, but as far as who she's endorse? If she didn't preface it with "I'm not in favor of a populist/fascist because..." I'll not be influenced.
0 Replies