Why 7 days for Creation?

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 10:04 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, I think he's just playing there. He's much too intelligent than to ignore
facts. He gets his kicks out of that thread (evolution) especially when farmerman and wandel are around.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 10:30 am
@CalamityJane,
Nonetheless, he is intent only on obfuscating the topic, not shedding light.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 10:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Jane said it best, edgar. He's baiting you. And me. And anyone else who'll fall into the trap of taking him seriously.
spendius

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 10:59 am
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
spendius isn't really used to the common world as we know it, he's too sheltered in his little cocoon.

Perhaps you will be kind enough Madame to fill out this delightful, utopian image which you have conjured up with a few descriptive details in order that viewers here might have some idea of what it actually is you speak of and also that I might be allowed to confirm or deny its validity which it is impossible for me to do as it stands as a mere word formation derived from the common book of tired and washed out cliches on which a very great deal of American conversational intercourse seems to be based.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:20 am
@spendius,
I have no idea what you just said!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:23 am
@Merry Andrew,
I could swear I have been saying the same thing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:25 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
spendius isn't really used to the common world as we know it, he's too sheltered in his little cocoon.

Perhaps you will be kind enough Madame to fill out this delightful, Utopian image which you have conjured up with a few descriptive details in order that viewers here might have some idea of what it actually is you speak of and also that I might be allowed to confirm or deny its validity which it is impossible for me to do as it stands as a mere word formation derived from the common book of tired and washed out cliches on which a very great deal of American conversational intercourse seems to be based.

Pompous, too.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:46 am
@spendius,
yes "tired and washed out cliches" eventually just become tired and washed out cliches, and we all know close only counts in throwing horse shoes and hand grenades.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 11:48 am
@Merry Andrew,
It cannot possibly be a "trap." We engage spendi for the sheer fun of it. We all know he has a very sheltered life that involves his small abode and the local pub - and nothing else.

I believe it's some kind of habit formed for people like spendi who doesn't realize they've fallen into this deep ****-hole that removed most of the light from their lives. I also think spendi comes from a community of like-minded people, and that's the reason he can repeat the absurdities we find him posting here on a2k. He's the one in his own "trap."
spendius

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 12:21 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Jane said it best, edgar. He's baiting you. And me. And anyone else who'll fall into the trap of taking him seriously.

I can't imagine any of you lot taking anything I post seriously. It is self-evident that you avoid seriousness like the plague presumably out of a fear of where it might lead. You flatter yourselves in thinking you even can take my posts seriously.

They are written for others whose identities I do not know in the hope that the next trial of the Dover type might be taken seriously instead of being a taxpayer pickpocketing operation in the service of fees and personal grandstanding.

I will be shortly posting on the Evo thread an exchange between Freud and Jung which goes to the heart of the matter. It won't matter to me whether you take that seriously either. In fact you might be well advised to avoid it.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 12:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
We all know he has a very sheltered life that involves his small abode and the local pub - and nothing else.

That is Cal's "sheltered cocoon" ci. My response to her applies to you.

You're a joke old boy. You dream up a fantasy and no sooner do you do it than it becomes a fact to you.

spendius

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 01:36 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
I have no idea what you just said!

It's half-time in the Colts/Texans game so I've just time to say Cal that it's a sort of mental barbell for brain exercise for beginners. You are supposed to keep trying. With a few years of practice you might be able to lift Veblen and after that Talcott Parsons and who knows you could maybe make some of Proust's easier stuff. You're letting yourself slide with tabloid headlines.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 01:42 pm
@spendius,
No! It was just an easy way out for not getting into a discussion about "spendius"
I had said my piece and that's that, no need to go into further discussion what
"cocoon" means or what I think who and what you are. Being dumb at the right time has its advantages!
spendius

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 02:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
Don't blame me. effemm quarter-backed it. You received and made a yard. Then Ed caught the next one and made an inch. Then you fumbled. Ed dropped the ball. Andy sliced a punt and I intercepted.

After three 1st downs I'm in the red zone and looking good and the defense is all over the place.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 02:24 pm
@spendius,
We can only arrive at conclusions from what we read in your posts; they are essentially very limited in factual knowledge of the past or current events.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 02:33 pm
@spendius,
To get back to the topic of why 7 days for Creation.

Why not?

As nobody knows anything about it it might as well be 7 days as 700, ooo billion years. Personally, given the omnipotence, I would have made it 7 micro-milliseconds but it is an old story and they didn't have stop watches in those days. And 7 days is just long enough to stop people laughing and just short enough to be impressive. It might be thought that His Highness, a father substitute according to the authorities, was inefficient if He had took 7 bloody weeks. Hating father was said to be all the rage until Christianity straightned it all out and agreed the rumpy-pumpy should be shared equally.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 02:41 pm
The only thing I take seriously about you, spendi, is annoyance that others don't keep you on ignore, in the science threads.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 02:53 pm
@spendius,
That's what you creationist love to do; magnify 4.5 billion years to 700,000 billion years. If you ever bothered to analyze the seven day creation, there are too many errors and omissions to take it seriously.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 03:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
spendi, How do you reconcile the "loving god and vengeful god?" Are they different degrees of love and vengeance?

Why has god made the bible such a mystery that he needed to have so many bible scholars to interpret his book? Even bible scholars are confused with many of the messages in the bible. Was that intentional on god's part? How does god intend to get his message across with so many errors and omissions? Can't humans expect god to be perfect in writing a book that is the primary message for humans to worship him?

Perfect = god is an oxymoron.
spendius

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2009 03:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
spendi, How do you reconcile the "loving god and vengeful god?" Are they different degrees of love and vengeance?

The OT is a confused mix of both but the NT (that's Christianity--which is us) is the loving God and, as such, supercedes all other gods like Isis and that confounded nuisance Hecate.

Time will tell whether the Burning Man takes over.