what kind of greeting will Bush get re state of union speech

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 09:32 am
Will Bush get the usual long applause when he enters the House of Representatives? How much applause support will the Republicans give him?

Will the crowd throw rotten tomatoes at Bush? I can dream, can't I?

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 954 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 09:42 am
Hail to the Chief!

http://www.funnydesigns.com/images/mooning-you-psych.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 10:20 am
Butrflynet
Butrflynet wrote:
Hail to the Chief!

http://www.funnydesigns.com/images/mooning-you-psych.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:47 am
Gus and Gargamel have great suggestions
Gus had a great idea posted on another site:

You know what I would love to see during Bush's speech tomorrow? A complete lack of applause. That idiot thrives on perfunctory applause. Every time people clap he leans forward and either gives a wink to the crowd or just maintains that clueless look of arrogance. I think a lack of applause would destroy the man. He would crumble and turn to dust.

And then we can have the janitor sweep up the dust and release it to the winds.

and Gargamel topped it off with more ideas:

Yes, I like that idea, Gus. But I would like to take your scenario further. Not only should there be a lack of applause, but during the awkward silence following one of our Honorable Commander in Chief's pauses, someone, Joseph Biden, say, should put his palms to his mouth and make a loud, obnoxious farting noise. After which there will be another pause, followed by uproarious laughter.

Then again, Bush might laugh, too. Bodily function humor, poo-poo and pee-pee, is probably his favorite thing after snorting coke off the Book of Revelations.

So, let's stick with your idea, Gus.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 04:33 am
Now that it's over, what actually happened?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 05:37 am
for those that still have kitchen tables Bush offered these kind words;

Quote:
"At kitchen tables across our country, there is concern about our economic future," the president told the nation in his annual address Monday night.

Brilliant, I say, President George is frickin' brilliant.

But the speech, (was) interrupted nearly 70 times by applause.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 06:53 am
More words from the president, regarding tax relief and people who support letting it expire,
Quote:
Others have said they would personally be happy to pay higher taxes. I welcome their enthusiasm. I'm pleased to report that the I.R.S. accepts both checks and money orders.

I say that's almost funny enough to take on the road... 51 more weeks, and counting down...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:10 am
Striking 'Daily Show' Writers Review State of Union Speech
Striking 'Daily Show' Writers Review State of Union Speech for 'NYT' Site
By E&P Staff
Published: January 29, 2008

The New York Times offers today at its Campaign Stops area on its Web site an appraisal of President Bush's address by a group of out-on-strike 'Daily Show' writers who call themselves The Topical Satire Initiative.

They are bitterly disappointed that Bush did not "bring to the fore the most pressing issue of our generation: human-animal hybrids."
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 10:40 pm
So, as usual, the only tool in your arsenal is ridicule, without a word of discussion of anything he actually said. It's so much easier to ridicule someone than to prove him wrong, isn't it?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 10:56 pm
I listened to the speech on NPR, and the commentator didn't even wait till it was over, but inserted his snide asides as the speech was being given.
0 Replies