The Romney Whisper Mystery

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:32 am
Whisper

/25/08, 12:12 pm EST
The Romney Whisper Mystery

We're linking to this over on the Video Feed too, but I just couldn't pass up a chance to weigh in on the whisper-assist to Romney in last night's debate.

Tim Russert is asking Romney whether he'd do what Reagan did to solidify Social Security. Romney looks a little non-plussed until there's an audible whisper from somewhere "Â…raised taxes," after which Romney immediately starts in "I'm not going to raise taxesÂ…."

Watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NlIMQ31EjY

So many questions. Whose voice was that? The only innocuous explanation I can figure out is that one of the other candidates had a live mike and whispered it to themselves. But I think MSNBC and Romney owe us all an explanation.

Recalls "the bulge" from the Bush/Kerry debates doesn't it?

UPDATE: MSNBC keeps offering up iffy explanations, the latest of which is that it was a live mike in the crowd that picked up an audience member, whose prompt was heard by no one on stage.
-- Tim Dickinson
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 434 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 03:02 pm
"Mitt Romney has a fascinating family history that offers oddles of insights into America's recent past.
But don't hold your breath waiting for Mitt to share it."
http://www.cipa-apex.org/toomuch/articlenew2008/Jan7a.html
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 03:56 pm
Okay, I don't know if this is just the power of suggestion working on me because I read a comment that says this, but it *does* seem like if you listen very, very carefully, you can hear the voice go on after the clearly-audible "raised taxes." It sounds like whoever it was went on to say "I'm not gonna--" and then gets cut off as Romney says "I'm not gonna raise taxes." It's eerie Laughing
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 04:00 pm
secracy
indecency
thy name is
(American) democracy
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 08:29 pm
Yeah, Romney don't know crap except that he's a Republican. Social Security needs to get tied to a tree and shot while the children of baby-boomers will still buy off on it.
0 Replies