Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:46 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,571 • Replies: 18
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:57 pm
What would we expect from this Rag of a liberal newspaper. I am still trying to find anywhere in the article that shows all the Bills Hillery has sponsored that became law.

Where in the article are her accomplishments?
"Domestically, Mrs. Clinton has tackled complex policy issues, sometimes failing."

What are those issues?

She is a carpet bagging Communist, incapable of running her own campaign, and has shown absolutely NO Leadership at all for NYS.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:58 pm
woiyo wrote:
What would we expect from this Rag of a liberal newspaper. I am still trying to find anywhere in the article that shows all the Bills Hillery has sponsored that became law.

Where in the article are her accomplishments?
"Domestically, Mrs. Clinton has tackled complex policy issues, sometimes failing."

What are those issues?

She is a carpet bagging Communist, incapable of running her own campaign, and has shown absolutely NO Leadership at all for NYS.

Her health care reform would still be with private insurance companies. That's not Communistic.

Her coming to NYS to be a senator is not carpet bagging. I think of it as her having the good sense to stay in the East where she is appreciated.

If she is in the general election, I'd guess she'd get the NYS electoral votes. Many New Yorkers (NYC) like her.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 08:21 pm
Obama bites the dust! Laughing
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 05:01 pm
Miller
I read the laborious, long litteral editorial and ignored.
the so called projecter of future butcher of humanity should pay high respect for the man who enthuse/invigorate the corporate culture.
I bet that NYT had miserably failed to take this stand.
Await for the inevitable hour of the result.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 05:29 pm
my favourite take on hillary

the biggest alimony settlement ever granted to a married woman, the presidency of the united states of america (if bill can make it happen)
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 08:51 pm
The editorial staff of NYT
should feel ashamed of their profession.
If and only if they have some scruples to uphold the neutrality.
They had indirectly acclaimed a war without reasons and legitimacy.
Of couse these intellectuals wish to shake the world
according to the whims and fancies of their pay masters.
I am quite disgusted with these embedded easy chair intellectuals.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:24 am
Sounds like Caroline Kennedy is going a bit senile these days. How else can you explain her support of Obama?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 07:04 pm
Miller
You know this song?
Winner takes it all= Abba
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 08:34 pm
Foofie wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Her coming to NYS to be a senator is not carpet bagging. ...

She's a "carpet bagger"?

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpetbagger]Wikipedia[/url] wrote:
The term carpetbaggers was used to describe white Republicans in the South who had allegedly arrived with all of their worldly possessions stuffed into a carpetbag, ready to loot and plunder the defeated South. [1] Although the term is still an insult in common usage, in histories and reference works it is now used without derogatory intent. Since 1900 the term has also been used to describe outsiders attempting to gain political office or economic advantage, especially in areas (thematically or geographically) to which they previously had no connection.

With Some Help, Clintons Purchase a White House
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 06:59 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Foofie wrote:
woiyo wrote:

She's a "carpet bagger"?

The term carpetbaggers was used to describe white Republicans in the South who had allegedly arrived with all of their worldly possessions stuffed into a carpetbag, ready to loot and plunder the defeated South. [1] Although the term is still an insult in common usage, in histories and reference works it is now used without derogatory intent. Since 1900 the term has also been used to describe outsiders attempting to gain political office or economic advantage, especially in areas (thematically or geographically) to which they previously had no connection.

She seems to fit the definition exactly.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 02:18 pm
Does it not matter that Clinton’s key foreign policy advisers are drawn heavily from the ranks of the neoliberals, who cheered as loudly for President Bush’s war as did the neoconservatives?

Isn’t it troubling that she can’t hold a candle to Sen. John McCain when it comes to fighting Pentagon waste or pushing for campaign-finance reform to curtail the power of lobbyists?

Isn’t it disturbing that Sen. Clinton has received more money than any other candidate of either party from the big defense contractors, according to a report on the Huffington Post?

Why have the war profiteers given her twice the campaign contributions that they sent to McCain, if not for the expectation that she is on their side of the taxpayer rip-off that has seen the military budget rise to an all-time high?

It’s for the same reason that the bankers, Wall Street traders and other swindlers who produced our economic meltdown fund Clinton.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20080129_obama_clinton_and_the_war/
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:16 pm
The Financial Times also endorsed Hillary.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:35 pm
woiyo wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Foofie wrote:
woiyo wrote:

She's a "carpet bagger"?

She seems to fit the definition exactly.

Yeah .... I meant: She's a "carpet bagger."

No question mark.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:45 pm
Doesn't seem to have bothered New Yorkers, does it? So why does it bother you?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 10:09 pm
username wrote:

Hillary bothers me.

New Yorkers can elect whomever the hell they want to represent them, and I couldn't care less.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:10 am
username wrote:

The educated voters in NY will recognize she has accomplished nothing as a Senator for the State. Take away the liberals in NYC and she would lose big time.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 07:27 am
woiyo wrote:
username wrote:

The educated voters in NY will recognize she has accomplished nothing as a Senator for the State. Take away the liberals in NYC and she would lose big time.

That's not what I've heard from our corporate people in NY. They say her office has been all about helping local corporations and has had a receptive ear to their concerns.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:27 am
engineer wrote:
woiyo wrote:
username wrote:

That's not what I've heard from our corporate people in NY. They say her office has been all about helping local corporations and has had a receptive ear to their concerns.

How has she helped?

Name the 5, or even 1, bill she sponsored that became law.
0 Replies