whos worse ? nazis or americans?

Foofie

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 08:11 pm
jespah wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Anti-Semitism was never a state sponsored position, either officially, or unofficially, in the United States

It was. I hate that about our history, but it was. Deny it all you like, but it was.

Give me some examples that it was state sponsored. I never heard, read, or viewed in documentaries that there ever was "state sponsored" anti-Semitism in the United States. When I say "state sponsored," I mean by the federal government.

And, why would you "hate that about our history," as you say above? If something has been corrected today, why "hate" that about our history. Is this reaction an over-reaction, considering there has been prejudice against many groups in this country by one or another groups? Using the word "hate" just seems a bit over emotional, in my opinion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 04:56 am
I'm a JEW, Foofie. So, whaddaya think I'm gonna feel about officially sponsored antisemitism? How, exactly, am I supposed to feel about how the Immigration Department (which is a part of the Federal government if you have not already noticed) behaved during the Second World War, when my cousins could not leave Austria and Romania? And, did you read the links I provided? I gave you examples. The Wagner Act was an attempt to correct official antisemitism. And yes, it was out there. No time to split hairs now.

Anyway, I'm tired of this. If you feel you've "gotten" me, hey, enjoy your victory. I have spam to pull and other things to do around here, and a lot more threads to follow. If you cannot follow links or Google for yourself then I'm sorry for that. Have a lovely day.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:06 am
Amigo wrote:

Even the historians play their part in this mass hypocrisy, They just leave out the bad parts in school so we are all on the same page as we roll forward together.

I believe America shouldn't be teaching American children what is less than positive about our nation's history, since we do want these children to grow up to be good citizens. Why should we educate American children to be "self-hating Americans"?

Tell me of another country that points out its less than positive history, other than Germany, and that is just for WWII, and America never did anything like what the Nazi regime did (i.e., Holocaust).

In pointing out less than positive aspects of American history, you can even include the fact that Manhattan was bought for approximately $24 of wampum. Boy, what a deal, right?

So, since every other country (and Germany today enjoys its Oktoberfests without dwelling on WWII history) collectively has a nationalism that emphasizes the positive, I don't see why the United States should dwell on any less than positive aspects of its history, which other than "slavery," were fairly isolated historical incidents.

These involvements, that were less than positive, may have just resulted because the United States became a superpower by default, due to the rivalries in Europe that ended in WWII. If there had been no WWII, the United States would likely just be another prosperous nation, and there might not even be nuclear weapons. So, not blaming Europe, l don't blame the United States either. Perhaps, the nature of man (humans) could be blamed; the politics were like "pick-up-sticks"; we did not plan our becoming the only world's superpower.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:33 am
real life wrote:
Setanta wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:
i have yet to hear one actual good reason for being at war for any reason, the only reason for war is to build empires, period.

Any war fought in self-defense is reasonable. ........... When "real life" writes: So when a nation is attacked , if it defends itself it is 'building an empire' ?--he's being just as naive, and displaying just as much ignorance as you have done. Iraq did not attack us, nor were they threatening to do so. The invasion of Iraq was never remotely a war of self-defense.

I was responding to the same statement:

Quote:
i have yet to hear one actual good reason for being at war for any reason, the only reason for war is to build empires, period.

that you did.

Where did I mention Iraq? I didn't.[/i][/u] (emphasis added)

Uh huh . . . this is the kind of moronic ambiguity of which you are so fond. Did you have some other war in mind? Is there another war we are fighting right now?

Quite apart from that, you have a history of making this stupid assertion (to the effect that fighting in Iraq is a war of self-defense).

[url=http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3080535#3080535][b]In your post #3080535[/b][/url], in part, you wrote:
Let's also remember that the USA went into Iraq in 1990 to push the Iraqis back to Baghdad after we had turned back their invasion of their neighbor Kuwait.

The present Iraqi situation is the continuation of that conflict. Saddam did not live up to the agreements he made to bring about the ceasefire of 1990. He continued to harbor and finance terrorists and continued to attempt to restart his WMD programs and filled mass graves with the bodies of his political enemies.

Leaving aside the bullshit about "turning back their invasion of their neighbor Kuwait" (the Iraqis successfully invaded Kuwait, which is why we went to war then), you attempt to suggest that we are in Iraq because Hussein harbored and finanaced terrorists. This is obviously an attempt to suggest that we invaded Iraq in the interest of our national security.

[url=http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2400172#2400172][b]In your post #2400172[/b][/url], in part, you wrote:
As an Independent, I supported and do support the president's goals for Iraq and for containing terrorism in the Middle East.

Oh do you? Do you suggest that invading Iraq is a militarily effective means of containing terrorism in the middle east? Do you assert that Iraq before the invasion was a major source of support for terrorism in the middle east? If so, are you not asserting that we invaded Iraq in the interest of our national security?

Your post #1657076 also seeks to suggest that Iraq harbored terrorists, and specifically states that there were evidence that Iraq trained terrorists in hijacking techniques.

The same goes for your post #1608019.

Same with your post #1604084.

And your post #1511264.

In fact, therefore, when i wrote:

Quote:
When "real life" writes: So when a nation is attacked , if it defends itself it is 'building an empire' ?--he's being just as naive, and displaying just as much ignorance as you have done. Iraq did not attack us, nor were they threatening to do so. The invasion of Iraq was never remotely a war of self-defense.

. . . you already had a long history of attempting to peddle right wing propaganda about Iraq's womd programs and about alleged training of terrorists for hijackings.

You're pathetic.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 02:57 pm
Religion

Nazis - German pagan myth into a religion.

American - Pagan myth into a religion, Christianity.

Like most religions the "prophet" is given the "gospel" and that gospel is always that "we" are the chosen people and "thay" are "savages" or "infidels" or "Gentiles". The religion always serves as a divine sanction for spreading terror, enslaving people and taking their countries resources. It was necessary for the Nazis to get their own version of a religion if they also wanted to be the chosen people and claim rights to this divine sanction.

They almost made it and could have written their own version of history and developed their religion but they lost the war and history is written by the victor.

The Nazis go down in shame.

Americans celebrate Columbus day
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 06:30 pm
Right here. The chosen peoples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_people

The Nazis ethnocentric belief system never got a chance to develope like American Christianity

or Judaism

or Islam

or Mormonism etc,etc.

The Nazis took it to far to fast. But for the victims the terror, suppression and exlpoitation is all the same no matter what ethnocentric religion is used.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:16 pm
Amigo wrote:

Like most religions the "prophet" is given the "gospel" and that gospel is always that "we" are the chosen people and "thay" are "savages" or "infidels" or "Gentiles". The religion always serves as a divine sanction for spreading terror, enslaving people and taking their countries resources. It was necessary for the Nazis to get their own version of a religion if they also wanted to be the chosen people and claim rights to this divine sanction.

"Gentiles" just means "other nations"; there's no inference of anyone being better or worse, just from a different group.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:03 pm
Ok, Whats different about them?

this?

"For you are a holy people to YHWH your God, and God has chosen you to be his treasured people from all the nations that are on the face of the earth." Deuteronomy 14:2

or this?

"Now therefore, if you will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people," God promises that He will never exchange His people with any other.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:13 pm
Amigo wrote:
Ok, What different about them?

this?

Deuteronomy 14:2, "For you are a holy people to YHWH your God, and God has chosen you to be his treasured people from all the nations that are on the face of the earth."

So? If one doesn't have YHWH as one's god, then what's the concern over who might be YHWH's holy people? You don't like exclusive clubs? Resent the people that could be a member of an exclusive club? Don't you belong to some club (aka, religion)?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:39 pm
Do you mean do I resent not being born Jewish so I can be loved and chosen by god?

No, I don't think so. Wait, What do I get?

No, but thanks for making my point.

God does not choose you, You find him and hes not at the clubhouse.

The aarow is the gate
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 10:50 pm
Amigo wrote:
Do you mean do I resent not being born Jewish so I can be loved and chosen by god?

No, I don't think so. Wait, What do I get?

No, but thanks for making my point.

God does not choose you, You find him and hes not at the clubhouse.

The aarow is the gate

What I mean is that Jews have their club called Judaism; Protestants have their club called Protestantism; Catholics have their club called Catholicism. Most people have pride in their own club. If you have any feelings about those in another club, and their respective "club pride," I can't respond to that, it's your concern, not mine

I personally have no comment about other people's feelings about their clubs; it is none of my business.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:00 pm
That means I win.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:01 pm
teaching kids selected bits of history (by whom? certainly not by african americans and not by native americans...) leads to good citizens? who knew. I thought we wanted citizens who can think critically (which is very different from self-hating). i thought that was called propaganda, not history.

and, by the way, more and more nations are complexifying their history textbooks, adding the 'bad stuff' in; historians work with other historians across borders, bringing diverging historical narratives together... the goal for most of them is as much diversity,analysis, learning.... not selecting and preaching only what's comfortable or positive.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:04 pm
Amigo wrote:
That means I win.

Si, el ganador del dia.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:09 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
teaching kids selected bits of history (by whom? certainly not by african americans and not by native americans...) leads to good citizens? who knew. I thought we wanted citizens who can think critically (which is very different from self-hating). i thought that was called propaganda, not history.

and, by the way, more and more nations are complexifying their history textbooks, adding the 'bad stuff' in; historians work with other historians across borders, bringing diverging historical narratives together... the goal for most of them is as much diversity,analysis, learning.... not selecting and preaching only what's comfortable or positive.
Are you talking to me or poofie?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:21 pm
you were not talking about selective history. foofie was.

i already know what history YOU would write (only the bad stuff against which we must rebel) :wink:
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:26 pm
Shocked who's poofie...<snort>

Happy V-day, Amigo...

RH
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:29 pm
Very Happy Hey, Thanks rockhead. Happy Valitines day to you too.

Let's go get a couple beers and steaks. I know where we can pick up a couple Valintines cheap.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:30 pm
aw, aren't you cute together, you boys.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:32 pm
Go away Poofie lover!
0 Replies