GAZA: STOP BLOCKADE AND WAR. Sign the Petition now!

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 03:51 pm
GAZA: STOP BLOCKADE AND WAR. Sign the Petition now!

The years-old blockade of Gaza is at crisis point: with the humanitarian crisis growing, the southern border has been breached and 350,000 Palestinians are pouring across. The situation is out of control -- the world must step in.

To prevent catastrophe and protect civilians on all sides, your voice is needed urgently: we're running an emergency global campaign to international, European and Arab leaders, calling on them to stop the siege, oversee open borders and help broker a ceasefire. We'll deliver the petition when we reach 150,000 signatures - please add your name below, then spread the word:

To the United Nations, the European Union, the Quartet, the Arab League & Israel: We demand that you end the blockade and growing humanitarian crisis in Gaza, ensure the free flow of supplies by land, sea or air, and help to broker the ceasefire which civilians on both sides desperately need.

Sign the Petition now!
http://www.avaaz.org/en/gaza_end_the_siege/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 277 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:23 pm
I signed. Very Happy

I signed for Burma too. Very Happy
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 08:03 pm
"Open borders" with Egypt? Does Egypt want the Palestinians coming and going? Just my own opinion, but the years of showing the world a divided politic, with guns firing into the air, might have made any potential friends reluctant to be the Good Samaritan now. Who was it that said, "You reap what you sow"?
0 Replies