A Little Political Humor from The Onion

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 08:30 am
Bill Clinton tosses his hat into the ring for the upcoming election. You've got to love The Onion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 763 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 08:52 am
I sure do... (Hadn't seen that yet, thanks!)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 08:58 am
Love it! Laughing
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:19 am
I just can't get this line out of my head...

The Onion spoofing Bill Clinton wrote:
"No longer will I have to endure watching candidates like Hillary Clinton engaging in single-pump handshakes with voters, as I use every last ounce of restraint not to shout out, 'No! Warm double-clasp! Warm double-clasp!'" Clinton said. "America deserves someone who can do it right."
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:27 am
engineer wrote:

"No longer will I have to endure watching candidates like Hillary Clinton engaging in single-pump handshakes with voters, as I use every last ounce of restraint not to shout out, 'No! Warm double-clasp! Warm double-clasp!'" Clinton said. "America deserves someone who can do it right."

"Ooooh, Bill. You make me titter with laughter when you hold it like that!" giggled Monica, his newly rehired ethics-in-government strategist.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:41 am
Quote:
While the announcement has come as a surprise to many, Beltway observers said it was not completely unexpected, citing footage from a recent Democratic debate that showed Clinton fidgeting in his seat, gripping the arms of his chair, and repeatedly glancing at all the television cameras while rapidly tapping his right foot. Analysts also noted one debate in which Clinton mouthed responses to all the moderator's questions while making hand gestures to himself.

Hehhehheh
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:55 pm
engineer wrote:

That was my favorite bit too.
0 Replies