Trophy husband quits

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 01:28 pm
Fred Thompson to announce momentarily that he is out of the race. Well, he was sooo dynamic while he lasted I hate to see him go. (nice voice too)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 681 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 01:31 pm
In this race some horses are not yet drawn the attention of the betters.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 01:52 pm
The lion's share of his energy went into invoking the memory of Ronald Reagan. I'm not sure if he knows he died.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:39 pm
Gala
If you wish to enjoy the real, decent democracy
seek your residenence elsewhere but not in USA.
Democracy is a foriegn word and liberty statue as well
We the non americans are well informed about liberty and democracy.
Rama
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:40 pm
Oh yeah . . . Rama-Lama-Ding-Dong . . . ain't no flies on that boy!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:58 pm
What kind of shiboleth in the name of DEMOCRACY
you the innocent couch potatoes wish to realise your never fulfilled AMERICAN DREAMS
Forget about the banal MLK who was shot dead at the prime of age.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:06 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Gala
If you wish to enjoy the real, decent democracy
seek your residenence elsewhere but not in USA.
Democracy is a foriegn word and liberty statue as well
We the non americans are well informed about liberty and democracy.
Rama

I'm not sure what F. Thompson has to do with a real, decent democracy. He's a nit-wit actor with a conservative political agenda and a low energy level.

And, I am going to reserve comment for the time being, because I haven't a clue as to where you are coming from.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 05:08 pm
Gala
I am as ill/well informed as other humanbeing around the world.
here is my cut and paste
Republican Fred Thompson, the actor-politician who attracted more attention as a potential presidential candidate than as a real one, quit the race for the White House on Tuesday after a string of poor finishes in early primary and caucus states.

"Today, I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort," the former Tennessee senator said in a brief statement.

Thompson's fate was sealed last Saturday in the South Carolina primary, when he finished third in a state that he had said he needed to win.

In the statement, Thompson did not say whether he would endorse any of his former rivals. He was one of a handful of members of Congress who supported Arizona Sen. John McCain in 2000 in his unsuccessful race against George W. Bush for the party nomination.

Thompson, best known as the gruff district attorney on NBC's "Law & Order," placed third in Iowa and South Carolina, two states seemingly in line with his right-leaning pitch and laid-back style, and fared even worse in the four other states that have held contests thus far. Money already tight, he ran out of it altogether as the losses piled up.

Thompson, 65, exits the most wide open Republican race in half a century; three candidates each having won in the six states that have voted.

In Florida, McCain, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani are battling for the lead ahead of its Jan. 29 primary, while former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee evaluates his next steps amid money troubles.

In an interview Tuesday, Huckabee suggested he would have beaten McCain in South Carolina if Thompson had dropped out earlier.

"The votes that he took essentially were votes that I would have most likely had, according to the exit polls and every other analysis," Huckabee said on MSNBC.

Despite initial impressions that Thompson could garner strong conservative support, it never materialized. He never won backing from more than one in five conservatives in any of the earliest primaries and caucuses, including the 19 percent who exit polls for The Associated Press and television networks showed supported him in South Carolina. His showings were similarly weak with white born-again and evangelical Christians.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 05:13 pm
Gala wrote:

And, I am going to reserve comment for the time being, because I haven't a clue as to where you are coming from.

Many of us feel that way Gala. Rama just cuts and pastes his way around the internet with the hope that something he finds will actually be appropriate to the conversation. At first I thought it was a language problem, but I can't even be sure of that any more.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 06:39 am
Green Witch wrote:
Many of us feel that way Gala. Rama just cuts and pastes his way around the internet with the hope that something he finds will actually be appropriate to the conversation. At first I thought it was a language problem, but I can't even be sure of that any more.

Thanks Green Witch-- it's his tone that's off-putting. Who likes to be lectured, let alone by someone so sanctimonious?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 06:57 am
If clearing throats equaled votes, the Great Right Hope would still be in there.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 06:01 pm
My language is this
Decency
Decorum
Decipline
and non-commerical or hypocracy.
I respect those who abide by the decent behaviour and i care not about my faulty English
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 06:25 pm
Fred Thompson ?!?!?!?

To hell with that idiot! Don't let the door hit you on the way out as$hole. Laughing
0 Replies