SCHOOL BELLS ARE RINGING!

fealola

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 11:55 am
Well, I'm sitting here with tons of paperwork to read, forms to fill out, checks to write, calenders to fill out, appointments to make, registration and SAT's to schedule. Sigh! It's going to take all day or longer! Then, within the next few weeks, school meetings to attend, college apps and college essays to deal with. And homework and transportation and food. On and on and on!

Are you relieved that summer is ending and school is starting or does the end of summer just bring more work and stress?

Spill it here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,136 • Replies: 5
No top replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 12:24 pm
more work and stress for me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 01:26 pm
One of the glories of the Empty Nest is being able to ignore "Back to School" ballyhoo. I confess I'm old and cranky enough to look forward to shopping without other people's children behaving like children-on-a-playground in shops and stores.

Still, I admit to a bit of wistfulness that I won't be heading into September with visions of New Beginnings.....
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 01:30 pm
Thanks for reminding me Noddy! I forgot to include the shopping! I havn't gotten to the required supply list in the packet yet! Rolling Eyes

Then the clothes and gym clothes, and sports uniforms Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 02:35 pm
This is probably our last "no school this year" year (for the next 17 years or so, anyway, including college), and I'm looking forward to it. Suddenly the world is devoid of the big bully kids and only the toddlers and babies are left... perfect. Makes zoo-, museum-, and farm-going much more enjoyable. There are either kids the sozlet's age to play with, or babies in strollers.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 03:00 pm
That's really true about the some of those activities and it's great!

But I have to warn you, Soz, the museums and such can be worse when you go there and there are school field trips going on at the same time! (I think I recall you saying you live in a large city, if so, it can get bad!)

I used to love taking my toddlers around and exposing them to things. Sometimes we'd just do things like stand for the longest time and watch a construction site. The cranes and trucks and noise. Welder's sparks. All very fascinating to little kid who's never seen it all before.

One when we didn't have air conditioning, we hung out at an indoor ice-rink. We had a free show by Randy Gardner and Tai Babilonia who were practicing!
0 Replies