The Things I've Learned from Cartoons

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:52 pm
You can fly an invisible jet, and no one will notice that you're somehow just sitting down, but still flying (and no one tries to look up your costume). (Wonder Woman)

Frogs can sing and dance though the style is somewhat passé. (Michigan J. Frog, mascot of the WB and from a Warner Bros. cartoon)

Even if you don't have fingers, you can still save the day. (Power Puff Girls)

Skunks who are cosmopolitan enough to have French accents are incapable of figuring out that a cat with a white painted stripe on her back is not a female skunk playing hard to get. (Pepe le Pew)

An ordinary American suburban family can have a genius scientist for a son who has a Russian accent. (Dexter's Laboratory)

Girls really go for red-headed geeky guys with no money. (Archie Comics)

If you stutter and are overweight, you can still get a good job announcing the end of the show. (Porky Pig)

Pop music inexplicably plays during every chase scene, even in outer space! (Josie and the Pussycats)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 01:08 pm
Honey production is so profitable that you have to expand the beehive hairdo to the beetower hairdo. (Marge Simpson)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 01:14 pm
I am so glad Jespah brought the cartoons to our attention. My life has been patterned after a cartoon character. So far, my efforts have been in vain. One adventure after another has ended in disappointment. I try to save people and they brush me aside. I constantly comb the local paper, looking for signs of trouble... I have a desperate need to help mankind. All of this because of my hero.... Johnny Quest.

I think you'll agree -- the world is a much safer place because of the efforts of Johnny Quest.

I am going to offer a rare opportunity to the members of this site. I am going to give you the chance to have your moment in the sun. The journey I am sending you could possibly result in the erasure of all the world's problems. Go forth people and...

DO YOUR DUTY
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 08:39 pm
I learned that only a toon would design a modern freeway.
0 Replies

DCPuppyGirl

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 04:41 pm
It is handy to have a neice who is a computer whiz, and a dog with many disguises, when you need to save the world from an evil supervillan, and his cohorts (Inspector Gadget).

Turtles like pizza, and talk like surfers (1980s Teenage Mutant Turtles).

Popular snack treats can become cartoon shows. (Gummi Bears).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 07:33 pm
I learned that the white one-shoulder dress and pearl ensemble of Wilma Flinstone was truly a classic when Nancy Reagan wore the very same outfit several years later to a formal dinner at the White House.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 06:18 am
Ha ha ha I just had a vision of Ronald Reagan bellowing "yabba dabba doo!"

Hey, welcome DCPuppyGirl! :-D

Oh yeah, I've also learned that superheroes - who you'd think would have access to a lot of new technology - love using old-fashioned fists (Superman, the Flash and Batman), rings (The Green Lantern), lassoes (Wonder Woman), clubs (HawkGirl) and a little telepathy (Martian Manhunter) - see Justice League.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 06:52 am
From the "Cartoon Laws of Physics":
Anything falls faster than an anvil.
Once a character falls past an anvil, said anvil will automatically shift position until it is directly above the falling character.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 07:02 am
Everytime I want to know what is happening in my company, I read dilbert !
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 06:15 pm
All my earliest exposure to Opera and Classical music came from cartoons and the Three Stooges. Think "Anvil Chorus"!
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:31 pm
I've learned that kids with skateboards can skate better than Tony Hawk (Rocket Power) Smile (:
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 10:10 pm
I've learn that if a gun goes in a rabbit hole and comes out a tree hole it is your gun. Even if you tie it with a ribbon and it comes out of the tree with another ribbon it is still your gun--do not under any circumstances pull the trigger, it will not be good for your face.

If you get hit in the head with a frying pan it will flat out your face but if you shake your head quick it will regain all its structure back.

If a Rabbit continually says "it is Duck season" then after a while says "Rabbit season" do not fall for the trick of the mind and allow it to stand so that he gets shot instead of you so that you can keep your bill in its place.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 07:26 am
I've always loved Daffy! :-D

A speech impediment is no obstacle to a fine announcing career: Porky Pig
You can kick serious monster butt yet still be fascinating by coloring: The Power Puff Girls (in particular, Bubbles)
White gloves go with any outfit: Mickey Mouse
Even superheroes can try to use cheesy pickup lines: Justice League (in particular, the Flash, trying to pick up Hawkgirl - "Is there a Hawkboy?")
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 05:23 pm
"Is there a hawkboy?" LOL never saw that one. Cheesy yet I still think it is so funny.

I also learned that stupid is a funny word. Dexter telling his computer "You are stupid. You are stupid and another thing you a stupid." All because computer made Mandarcs head bigger instead of smaller.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 06:59 pm
That Superman is a fictional character. Wink
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 08:39 am
Well, I find most of what Dexter says to be funny, but I think it's the accent. Speaking of which - in a match between Dexter and Jimmy Neutron, my money's on Dexter.
0 Replies