The Things I've Learned from Cartoons

jespah

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 04:17 pm
I consider myself to be a fairly well-educated person, and I gotta say, I've learned a lot from our animated friends. For example -

* You can walk off a cliff and be perfectly safe. You won't fall unless you look down. Then, watch out! (Roadrunner)
* Anyone can get their hands on an anvil, whenever they want one. (pretty much every Warner Brothers cartoon)
* Being a smart aleck not only doesn't get you into trouble but it can often get you out of it. (Bugs Bunny)
* A woman can live with several men and not have a relationship with any of them - and no one seems to mind. (The Smurfs AND Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
* Cows can walk upright. (Cow and Chicken)
* Someone out there will love you, even if your head is football-shaped. (Hey Arnold)
* Interspecies love is cool, but often unrequited. (Sponge Bob Square Pants)
* You can be in show biz even if you have a speech impediment. (Donald Duck AND Daffy Duck)
* Kids make good race car drivers. (Speed Racer)

Etc. Etc. Etc.

So, what have you learned?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 9,924 • Replies: 35
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 04:29 pm
I've learned that round bombs with fuses are available anytime you want them, but they only blow up in the face of the one who's the foil at the particular moment.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 06:09 pm
Some funny stuff:

I've learned that birds and mice are smarter than cats. I don't know about you but my cats are outsmarting me on a daily basis so I figure I'd better stay away from bird and mice.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 06:27 pm
And, all animals of any species are much, much smarter than humans (and actually I sometimes things this is absolutely the truth). Plus, they can all speak English.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 06:41 pm
Consider Elmer Fudd.....

'Be vewwy vewwy qwiet.....da's a wabbit nearby'.....

Sylvester may have a lisp, but he speaks better English than Elmer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:00 pm
And a mouse can have a pet dog (Mickey and Pluto)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:21 pm
It's not indecent for a duck or a pig to were a shirt but no pants.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 08:18 pm
Along with Swimpy and Donald....
Its okay to not wear pants but, when you get out of the shower you must use a towel <????> I never got that but, it works somehow.

Mickeys a mouse, Donalds a duck, Plutos a dog, whats Goofy...or is goofy a dog??? No matter, we're all just grand, now arent we?

Dog is a mans best friend and worst enemy all in one. <Dino and Astro>

Skunks are pretty civilized and educated. <pepe>

Dogs are not good sheriff material <Deputy Dog>

Mice can save the world <Mighty Mouse>

gosh....theres a long long list
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:12 pm
Well I learned that 'My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht"!! Laughing

And from the bear family, I learned to spell,.."g-u-n-p-o-w-d-e-r,....tobacco",...from when baby bear fills father bear's pipe for him Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:20 pm
If you get flattened you can reinflate yourself by blowing the end of your thumb.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:22 pm
Gee, I'd forgotten that one, edgarblythe. Thanks for the reminder. Never know when it will come in handy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 10:06 pm
Also, you can walk off a cliff without falling, but only if you don't know you are doing it.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:27 am
I've also learned that too much caffeine is as bad as not enough! Laughing Laughing

http://animatedgif.net/beavisbutthead/cornholio_e0.gif
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 07:29 am
And that nonviolent cartoons,..just aren't quite as funny:

http://animatedgif.net/beavisbutthead/itchy_e0.gif
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 01:28 pm
Some cats are psychic, but ducks are pretty much uniformly evil (Courage the Cowardly Dog).

You can carry around a security blanket but still be appealing and actually kind of mature (Peanuts).

You can travel through time, and no one looks at your clothes as if you were out of style, even if you're wearing a robe and wooden sandals (Samurai Jack).

The Grim Reaper can be your friend! (Grim & Evil)

People who are intelligent enough to write newspapers columns, or observant enough to be photographers or reporters, are too dumb to figure out that when you remove your eyeglasses, you don't suddenly turn into someone else (Superman).

You can look cool while wearing a cape, even if you're not going to the opera and it's doesn't help you fly (Batman).

Villians have an unlimited supply of masks. In fact, they seem to go to mask-making school, either in prison or while completing their villain training (Scooby Doo).

Three syblings hang around the Warner Brothers movie lot in California, but only the middle child has a Liverpudlian accent. The other two sound like Californians, and no one notices that (Animaniacs).

Roosters can outsmart dogs pretty much any time they want to (Foghorn Leghorn).

You can be over 60 (70? 80?) years old and still be pretty damn sexy (Betty Boop).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 06:22 pm
Some of the best political commentators are cartoonists ... So clever!
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 07:27 pm
ACME has a never-ending supply of products. (Roadrunner)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 08:26 pm
"Don't take life too personal... It ain't nohow permanent."
-Walt Kelly's Pogo

Feline matter is malleable.

"Would you like to shoot me now or wait until you get home?"
"Shoot him now! Shoot him now!"
"He doesnt have to shoot you now!"
I say he does, so SHOOT ME NOW!"
->blam<-

"hmmph... pronoun trouble."

I have a panel from Calvin and Hobbes over my desk at work, enlarged to reidiculous, where Calvin is saying "A day can really fly by when you are deliberatly avoiding the things you are supposed to do"
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 10:07 am
If you didn't spend $50,000 per annum on buying crap from Acme co., you could eat at the best restaurants in town seven days a week instead of trying to catch some scrawny bird called roadrunner that wouldn't make a decent sandwich.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 11:00 am
Let's just face it, Batman is the one WITH the brain. -Justice League (new incarnation)
0 Replies