Dont forget MLK

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 05:38 pm
My high regard for this American
If anyone care to pour forth his/her views about this non-entity I am here to uphold this noble soul.
( I have enough cut and paste to substantiate my critical observations)
Rama
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 499 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 02:38 pm
But nearly 40 years after his assassination in April 1968, after the deaths of his wife and of others who knew both the man and what he stood for, some say King is facing the same fate that has befallen many a historical figure—being frozen in a moment in time that ignores the full complexity of the man and his message.

"Everyone knows, even the smallest kid knows about Martin Luther King, can say his most famous moment was that "I have a dream" speech," said Henry Louis Taylor Jr., professor of urban and regional planning at the University of Buffalo.

"No one can go further than one sentence," he said. "All we know is that this guy had a dream, we don't know what that dream was."

At the time of his death, King was working on anti-poverty and anti- war issues. He had spoken out against the Vietnam War in 1967, and was in Memphis in April 1968 in support of striking sanitation workers.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=2008-01-20_D8U9PS180&show_article=1&cat=breaking
Just ask the presentday voters who behave like members of fanclub.
The issues MLK raised are still there to get attention and for remedy andjustice.
None of the comrades in the fore-front of this election dare to bestow their attention.
Obviously because they think that those issues that MLK raised should be kept alive( unresolved) to make this drama(election)as a cure for boredom..
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 04:43 pm
The voice which had reverberated around the globe was silenced by the corporate contagerous criminals.
Pity your name is BARBARISM
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 02:45 pm
The only difference I find between Mahathma Gandhi and MLK is
MLK got a NOBLE PRIZE
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:06 pm
MLK is the most unpopular person in modern USA
as is the case of Mahathma Gandhi in India.

Consume counts .
Civil courage not.
Rama
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:14 pm
Ramafuchs what does this mean? —

In this sentence:

some say King is facing the same fate that has befallen many a historical figure—being frozen in a moment
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:23 pm
Ami
I don't know.
Perhaps my computer is infected with Bill gates virus or some are making mischief.
It happens only when I pick up a relevant article and try to cut and paste.

Anyway my links will reveal my views and expose my real colour.
Thanks
Rama
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:40 pm
I also read your post (not all of them). It's hard to understand you sometimes. Please don't take this offensively.

I only tell you this because at first I thought you might be crazy. If people think your crazy they won't reply.

It would be a shame to waste a good messege or have somebody judge you because they couldn't understand you.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:46 pm
Amigo wrote:
I also read your post (not all of them). It's hard to understand you sometimes. Please don't take this offensively.

I only tell you this because at first I thought you might be crazy. If people think your crazy they won't reply.

It would be a shame to waste a good messege or have somebody judge you because they couldn't understand you.

You aren't the only one that has thought he or she was crazy. I still think he is something, I'm not sure what, perhaps high on drugs, or he or she thinks she is a poet or some all knowing philosopher, or ? Whatever it is, the opinions often don't add up.

By the way, in regard to MLK, I hope everyone realizes he was a Republican.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:50 pm
okie wrote:

That was back when Republicans actually stood for something. Now they have to cleanse themselves of the Bushshit.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:59 pm
okie wrote:
Amigo wrote:

You aren't the only one that has thought he or she was crazy. I still think he is something, I'm not sure what, perhaps high on drugs, or he or she thinks she is a poet or some all knowing philosopher, or ? Whatever it is, the opinions often don't add up.

So was Lincoln and Eisenhower. What the hell happened?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 02:14 pm
I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of thermonuclear destruction.
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality.
This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant.
I believe that even amid today's motor bursts and whining bullets, there is still hope for a brighter tomorrow.
I believe that wounded justice, lying prostrate on the blood-flowing streets of our nations, can be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men.
I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.
I believe that what self-centered men have torn down men other-centered can build up.
I still believe that one day mankind will bow before the altars of God and be crowned triumphant over war and bloodshed, and nonviolent redemptive good will proclaim the rule of the land.
"And the lion and the lamb shall lie down together and every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree and none shall be afraid."
I still believe that We Shall overcome!
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1964/king-acceptance.html
0 Replies