Global Warming is a Hoax

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:32 pm
It seems to me that those in support of efforts to stop "global warming" are often in need of a shower.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:34 pm
cjhsa wrote:
It seems to me that those in support of efforts to stop "global warming" are often in need of a shower.

It seems like those who live in the Michigan wilderness are in need of marrying outside their own family.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:34 pm
Are those who need a shower the most ferocious opponents to global warming?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:36 pm
Gargamel wrote:
It seems like those who live in the Michigan wilderness are in need of marrying outside their own family.

It seems to me that someone has Koolaid for brains.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:37 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Gargamel wrote:

It seems to me that someone has Koolaid for brains.

My dad can beat up your dad.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:43 pm
Well then, I got $100 that says no way.

Did you ever read those links? I'm having trouble believing you didn't know about Big Al's Used Carbon Credits, sales and service.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:47 pm
http://nefariouslabs.r30.net/Dead%20Horse.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:51 pm
CJHSA logic:

FACT: Al Gore makes money off his stance on global warming.

CONCLUSION: Global warming is bullshit.

Makes perfect sense to me.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:52 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Well then, I got $100 that says no way.

Did you ever read those links? I'm having trouble believing you didn't know about Big Al's Used Carbon Credits, sales and service.

I read the first two. And boy was I shocked to learn that Al Gore, a politician, was associated with a questionable interest group!

Never said he was a saint.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 02:56 pm
farmerman :

not being a scientist , i can only read what conclusions scientists come up with .
until a few years ago i had my doubts about global warming , but seeing that the eastern end of lake ontarion hardly freezes at all any more and noticing the increasing infestation with insects (we have now been warned to be on the lookout for ticks that are spreading along lake ontario - until a few years ago the larva would simply not have survived the sustained temperatures of minus 20 to 30 C that we usually had for a few weeks during the first 30 years we lived here ) , i'm beginning to at least get CONCERNED .

the article quoting :NASA AND NOAA SCIENTISTS CONCERNED ABOUT WARMING TREND has certainly increased at my curiosity about possible global warming .
hbg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 03:14 pm
hbg. The climate worldwide is warming , of that there is no doubt, Im only doubting , via additional evidence , that humans may not actually be the real cause, since the percentage effects of all our species carbon and Sulfur and Nitrogen spewing does not seem to have a really significant (or even measurable) effect.

The last major interglacial stage was not catastrophic but WAS life altering for species. Polar bears seemed to have made it alright, palm trees grew in Maine and Massachussetts (we have pollen analyses from interglacial peat deposits that are of the 116000 ybp times)

I know this is cj's post so I dont want to interfere with the spirit of healthy debate among people who obviously respect each other. I feel a lot of love in the room.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 03:17 pm
thanks , farmerman !

i too feel much love also ! Shocked Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 03:21 pm
roger wrote:
I don't think farmerman disbelieves global warming, itself, Montana. It looks more like he's not convinced it is caused by human activity. This is a discouraging viewpoint, by the way. If we are not the cause, it's possible that we might not be able to be the cure.

I'm agreeing with an earlier post from Gargamel. What has caused it is not important. What is important is what we can do about it, if anything. I would add that we need to consider the total costs of trying to correct the situation to the costs of doing nothing.

I know, he just gave me something to think about ;-)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 05:14 pm
Gargamel wrote:
We're talking about the planet Earth. I can't remember the name of the one you're on.

Dammit! Now I have to get a paper towel to clean the soda off of my keyboard....
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:21 pm
About half way down this page, there is a neat little graph that shows the temperatures recorded in one of the ice core sites in Antarctica....roughly 400,000 years worth of info.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Study/Paleoclimatology_IceCores/

It's an interactive graph, so not only is it informative, but fun to play with as well.

Personally, I do not buy into the highly popular notion of "global warming" or at least the fact that we are solely responsible for it....the burning of fossil fuels and such.

The Earth is warming, yes...sure...agreed....but at some point she will cool, all on her own accord, and if we are still here as a species, there won't be a damn thing we can do about that either.

Epochs, ages and eras....not decades, centuries, or millennia.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 11:54 am
It's 12F here right now. We've lost all our snow three times this year, but it keeps coming back. I should be able to do some ice fishing on Monday as it's supposed to stay cold all week. Doesn't take long at 12 to make enough ice to walk on.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 06:54 pm
And during the Illinoian and Wisconsin periods, Michigan was covered by glaciers almost 1/2 mile thick. So it is a bit warmer, unless youve beeen shoveling really hard.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 07:42 pm
originally posted in the "humour" thread

Quote:
WARM MEMORIES

"it's a lovely way for the dead to provide comfort for the living ."
rev . vernon marshall of machester , england commenting on local crematorium's pilot project to heat its chapel with the energy generated by burning the remains of the departed .

from today's : globe and mail

let's ban cremations to reduce global warming and let the parishioners freeze in the dark .
hbg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 02:12 pm
farmerman wrote:
And during the Illinoian and Wisconsin periods, Michigan was covered by glaciers almost 1/2 mile thick. So it is a bit warmer, unless youve beeen shoveling really hard.

This is true, and the reason Michigan has more coastline than any other state except Alaska. Shhhhhhhhh... don't tell anyone. We like our uncrowded white powder sand beaches....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 10:42 am
Found on the "funny pictures" thread:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8122/warmingth8.jpg
0 Replies