Good night, sweet dreams, I'm signing out now!

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:12 am
Oh, you mean the GRAND FINAL, margo! Smile I thought you meant THE CUP!
Everyone says it will be between Collingwood & Essendon, so you may not have to leave home. Laughing Anyway, whoever plays whom, it's bound to be very full-on! I think you're very brave to even contemplate it! Very Happy
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 08:47 am
msolga,

You SAID that you would go to the medicos, but you haven't, have you?

s
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:23 pm
msolga wrote:
Everyone says it will be between Collingwood & Essendon, so you may not have to leave home. Laughing Anyway, whoever plays whom, it's bound to be very full-on! I think you're very brave to even contemplate it! Very Happy

Olga - I'm only even considering it because my almost 80-year-old dementing aunt is desperate to go. I took her to the big Swans - Collingwood match the other week at Olympic Park. A bloody nightmare. I suspect that this is her last chance.

And the cost will be hideous - air fares, hotels, cat sitting - but she'll probably pay all that! Must wander off and see if the Lions beat the Crows. The winner will be playing the Swans next week at Olympic Park for a berth in the grand final! So it can't be Collingwood v. Essendon. Do you support a team? Confused
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 06:33 pm
Gee, sumac, I think the match may be the "rest" cure!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:14 pm
sumac wrote:
msolga,

You SAID that you would go to the medicos, but you haven't, have you?

s

Thanks for your concern, sumac. Very nice of you!
Yes, I did go. The same story: It's a lingering virus which was then causing havoc with my sinus passages & my ears. So this explains why I was dizzy, head achey & feeling a wee bit deaf! No suggestions, though, of how to "cure" the damn thing, of course! Sad
The good news is that I have 2 weeks holiday, starting this coming Friday. Rest! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:20 pm
Aw, margo!
You are SO good to your dear old aunt! Very Happy To even CONSIDER the trip is amazing & mind boggling! You are a hero! (pssst: don't tell your aunt, but I think you're safe! :wink: )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:22 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Gee, sumac, I think the match may be the "rest" cure!

osso

I think getting as far away from the game as possiblr is the most appealing "cure" i can think of! Laughing
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:27 pm
And it's goodnight from me, almost 2.30 am here, goodnight. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:31 pm
Goodnight, smokingunne! Happy dreams! Very Happy
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 08:14 pm
Goodnight from the US, smokingunne. Glad you are here. Where, precisely, in Ireland, do you hale from?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 01:05 am
smokingunne wrote:
And it's goodnight from me, almost 2.30 am here, goodnight. Smile

smokingunne

Welcome to A2K ! You should be up by now! Laughing

Tell us a bit about yourself!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 08:29 am
Maybe he's not quite as addicted to A2K as the rest of us are.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 08:33 am
margo wrote:
msolga wrote:

Olga - I'm only even considering it because my almost 80-year-old dementing aunt is desperate to go. I took her to the big Swans - Collingwood match the other week at Olympic Park. A bloody nightmare. I suspect that this is her last chance.

And the cost will be hideous - air fares, hotels, cat sitting - but she'll probably pay all that! Must wander off and see if the Lions beat the Crows. The winner will be playing the Swans next week at Olympic Park for a berth in the grand final! So it can't be Collingwood v. Essendon. Do you support a team? Confused

I'm going to that game. My first AFL match.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 08:37 am
Laughing Hey there, watch it. Laughing I so far love the site but being a Saturday here I just haven't gotten round to replying. I posted in too many threads
yesterday and have a list as long as your arm. :wink: Cool
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:04 am
sumac wrote:
Goodnight from the US, smokingunne. Where, precisely, in Ireland, do you hale from?

A town recently turned city named Lisburn in the Northern part of Ireland.

And my screen name has nothing to do with my status in life. Laughing Cool
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:15 am
margo wrote:

smokingunne

Welcome to A2K ! You should be up by now! Laughing

Tell us a bit about yourself!

I'm a 54 yo married man with one son born after a long honeymoon of 14 years. We didn't plan it that way. Embarrassed
I am a medically retired butcher (Shop)
Only started to use computer a few years ago, now an addict. Confused
Loves Guinness. Will that do for a start, pick up bits and pieces as we go along. Laughing Cool
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 01:48 pm
[quote="Wilso"]I'm going to that game. My first AFL match[/quote]

Hey Wilso
Do you mean next Saturday night? At Olympic Park (or the final in Melbourne!?) Do you wanna take my aunt? <please Exclamation > Think of it as character building! (I have enough character already!) I'm expecting a couple of friends down from Brisbane.....you could take them too! You'd have my eternal appreciation! I'll go down the coast instead. Twisted Evil

[quote="smokingunne"]A town recently turned city named Lisburn in the Northern part of Ireland. [/quote]

Welcome and have some fun here. The secret to fun is to avoid politics. That way madness lies. (but you probably know that already! )
[quote="smokingunne"]Only started to use computer a few years ago, now an addict.
[/quote]

[quote="littlek"]Maybe he's not quite as addicted to A2K as the rest of us are.[/quote]

We're all addicts. Why else would I be here at 5.30am on a Sunday morning! (well - the boss cat insisted I get out of bed, and what else is there at this hour Rolling Eyes ) Razz

msolga wrote:
I thought you meant THE CUP!

She's going down to Melbourne with a tour group for the Cup! Watch for reports of a little old lady (LOL) laughing out loud(LOL) lost on Lonsdale!(LOL) Laughing
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 02:49 pm
Margo wrote

Quote:
Welcome and have some fun here. The secret to fun is to avoid politics. That way madness lies. (but you probably know that already! )

Laughing I don't need anybody to tell me about that. Laughing Cool
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 02:53 pm
Laughing Laughing Neutral Mr. Green
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 03:06 pm
Next Saturday night Margo
0 Replies