Good night, sweet dreams, I'm signing out now!

sumac

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:29 am
Good night, wabbit, and chicken soup for you, msolga.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 12:57 am
And a pussy-cat smooch back to you, dlowan, my dear! Very Happy
It's not that I go to bed THAT EARLY, it's more that I sort of fade into a delirium! Confused I fall asleep on the couch during, before or just after the 7 pm news. And this has been happening for 3 weeks now! Shocked Just can't get my energy back. Crying or Very sad I haven't been so sick in years! How dreary! Just making it to work each day is a major achievement. 4 weeks till the term holidays. Will I make it, I wonder? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 12:59 am
sumac wrote:
Good night, wabbit, and chicken soup for you, msolga.

Thank you, Sumac! You have no idea how much soup has passed my lips this past 6 weeks or so!
BUT STILL NO CURE! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:49 am
msolga

How tedious for you. No wonder I haven't seen you around much. Was wondering about you the other day (but did nuthin! Sad )

My boss made me havea f lu shot - because I get terrible bronchitis. So far.....fingers crossed!~

I hope you feel 110% soon! Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 02:02 am
Hi margo!

I actually had my first ever flu shot this year ... about 4 months ago. Now this! Grrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad ... Guess it's not the same variety of flu, yes?
This variety makes you feel like an exhausted blob all day ... Then sleep & sleep at night, only to wake up just as exhausted. That is, after the worst (inability to get out of bed!) is over .... Good grief, it's so boring! Sad ... And makes you feel very cranky at work all day. Mad
Hope you don't catch this one, margo ... Horrible!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 04:30 am
Poor Msolga!!!! Hope you feel better soon.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 04:39 am
Msolga- Have you been checked out lately by a doc? I remember a nasty virus from many years back, that took 6 weeks to throw off. At the time, half the immediate world had it. Have not heard about anything like that lately, though.

Is what you have going around in your area, or is it just something that you have picked up? IMO, it might be a good idea to check in with the MD, and possibly take some blood tests. Maybe you have contracted a secondary infection, and need an antibiotic.

In the meantime, here's some virtual chicken soup for you.
I know that it will make you feel better! Very Happy

http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/47/1a6c.jpg
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 05:12 am
I'm afraid that I agree with Phoenix. Something that puts you out and off and sleepy for so long, and working through it making recovery harder....makes you wonder exactly what is going on. Yes to blood tests.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:22 am
Dear Phoenix & Sumac

This is a whopper of a virus that has been doing the rounds here for the past 4-6 weeks. Lots of people have it & schools are particularly infectious places to be. (Lucky me!)
I saw a doctor when I first got it, around 3 weeks ago & had something like 4 days off work (including a near comatose weekend in bed. Shocked ) It leaves you very tired & stuffed up after the worst is over .... Some poeple are saying it can take 5 weeks(!) to shake off. Maybe you're both right & I should visit the doctor again. I'm getting VERY tired of this! Evil or Very Mad

Thank you for the virtual chicken soup, Phoenix. Very Happy Delicious!

Is this what you had, when you were so sick, dlowan? How long did it take you to get better?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:47 am
Glad you saw the medicos initially, but bugs can evolve into different things. For peace of mind, worth a return visit.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:50 am
OK, sumac, if things don't improve considerably over this coming weekend, that's exactly what I'll do.
Many thanks for your concern. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:51 am
I agree- Often a viral infection will leave a person susceptable to secondary bacterial infections. I think that for your peace of mind, it's worth a trip to the doctor!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:55 am
Thanks for the advice & concern Ms Phoenix! Very Happy (Actually, I'm wondering if I might have asthma .... Another good reason to see the doctor!)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:46 am
Bedtime for us folks living Eastern Standard time. (at least for this person who has to work tomorrow - Yay! Friday! Very Happy )
Good morning to you folk who are staring another day right now!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:28 am
Goodnight A2Kers.
This is so very boring: heading for bed just as most of you are starting to sign in! Doesn't seen right, somehow ...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:42 am
Well atleast you got to talk to me !!!

Nighty night
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 07:15 am
Msolga - don't know if it is the same bug - but it took about eight weeks - longer to stop feeling exhausted. On top of the viral part, I got secondary infections in my ears, eyes, sinuses, throat and lungs. Six lots of antibiotics - three different types. You don't wanna know!

Frankly, I didn't really start getting better until I had acupuncture!!! And I bought some colostrum.....

I DO hope you feel better soon!

Since I could neither speak nor hear, I had to take about 3 weeks off work, in all (went back for bits of it, then another part of me got an infection!) - ended up using holidays to try to recover.

REST!!!! Eat chicken soup!!!!! Take care of yourself - Maybe Margo and I will have to pop down to Melbs and force soup and spirits down you?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 07:33 am
Gee Dlowan, you are scaring us !
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:03 am
She don't scare me, Gautam. She wants to pop into Farm Town and feed me chicken, I'll start ailing right now.

The time differences are great, by the way. There is always someone online from Australia, Guam, and even New Brunswick when I get a bad case of insomnia.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:05 am
You chicken about chicken soup, G, or the spirits?

You quite well there Roger? heehee
0 Replies