Why not Kucinich?

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 06:09 pm
They bar him from debates. They marginalize him. They ignore him. The media has it out for this guy, and it seems that the people don't care too much for him either.

Why is Kucinich considered unelectable? Is it all about money? Is his campaign not well-financed enough? Is that all it is? Because if it is, then why not just forget about voting and just elect the richest assh*le in the country who wants the job?

What else could it be? He is the only guy who has been consistently against the Iraq war. Also, he's the only one as far as I know who has a plan for a single-payer, not-for-profit, universal healthcare system. Also he's for legalizing gay marriage. He is against corporate lobbying, and has taken no money at all from lobbyists.

He seems like a sensible, scrupulous, principled person. Ah, THAT must be it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 931 • Replies: 18
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 07:35 pm
Re: Why not Kucinich?
kickycan wrote:
Is that all it is? Because if it is, then why not just forget about voting and just elect the richest assh*le in the country who wants the job?

You're starting to catch on.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:04 pm
It's because he's vegan. Automatic laughingstock.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:07 pm
He's married to an attractive woman, that should count for something.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:08 pm
I would vote for the man, if he stood any sort of a chance to get the nomination. There is just no real groundswell for him . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:13 pm
He reps my point of view, at least more than others. I've some quibbles.

Why his numbers are so low, what a morass, don't get me going.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:14 pm
OK, I'll say it. I think what is going on here is SHORTPHOBIA.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:15 pm
Agree with edgar and Osso.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:22 pm
The screen opened to l'k agreeing with shortphobia.

I need to scroll up.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 09:26 am
Kucinich, interesting thought.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 09:47 am
I never thought Kucinich had a chance but I've always liked him.

I must admit that his demanding a New Hampshire recount is one of the stupidest and useless gestures I've seen lately.... and I'd say the same thing if Obama had won the primary.

Kucinich got 2% of the vote either way.

We need to be looking at real issues.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 09:54 am
Shortophobia has been an issue since Lincoln defeated Stephen Douglas.

Kucinich has a mixed record. He was the youngest to be elected mayor of Cleveland but only lasted one term. Does anyone know why he lost re-election as mayor of Cleveland?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 02:18 pm
Edgar had aired my views succinctly( Thanks Edgar)

He is a diamond in the dustbin-still a diamond.
But in USA's election the dirt in the crown will be honoured.

My respect to this unsung, unhonoured sublime soul.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 09:53 am
True to his campaign, Dennis Kucinich bowed out of the Presidential race with dignity-and with his powerful anti-war message intact.
He told his supporters that he began his campaign because “leaders in Washington, many in my own part, were intent on continuing a war, a war that has cost the lives of more than 4,000 of our brave young men and women and 1 million innocent Iraqis. A war that will cost this nation two trillion dollars.”
He added: “We asked for jobs, we get war. We asked for health care, we get war. We asked for funds for education, we get war. We ask for a clean environment, we get war. It is time to end this war. It is time to end war as an instrument policy and have the government start taking care of things here at home.”
Kucinich noted how the media excluded him time and time again. “I was locked out of six debates,” he said. “There was no way to get the message out.”
But he kept his head up and vowed to continue the fight for economic rights, civil liberties, social justice, universal single-payer health care, and peace. Such a fight, he wisely pointed out, “is not about a single day, or a single year, or a single campaign, or a single candidate. It is a lifelong endeavor.”
He thanked his supporters gracefully: “I stood strong because you gave me strength. I spoke out because your voices needed and deserved to be heard.”
http://www.progressive.org/mag_wx0125b08
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 05:58 pm
My humble appeal and request to Kucinich is this.
Get out of this .
Enthuse the young and vivid populace by forming a thir party.

The rational world expect from you that
you are not a dumb driven drivelling shivering giberring jabering joe or jane
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 01:53 pm
"We already know the state of the union. It's a lie." - Congressman Dennis Kucinich

Candidates who raise the dollars necessary to wage a credible presidential campaign must first prove fealty to corporate interests, the media included. No one knows if Clinton or Obama will be the nominee, but it doesn't really matter. Both are in the running because they have already made Faustian bargains.

The corporate media give the impression that sniping between Billary Clinton and Barack Obama is actually worthy of attention. Neither Billary's attacks against Barack nor his against them are meaningful. In fact, the presidential campaign should take on less importance as activists make important political decisions in upcoming months.

The first order of business for progressives is to support the people who truly support the nation's interests and that fight must begin with Congressman Dennis Kucinich, who recently ended his presidential campaign. He fought the good fight, but he was literally cut out of the picture by ABC News, ignored during debates, or exiled from them altogether.

Kucinich has introduced impeachment resolutions against Dick Cheney and vows to continue the fight to uphold the constitution. He announced plans to introduce a new impeachment resolution against President Bush on the same day the State of the Union address takes place. Kucinich must now fight another battle because of his convictions. On March 4th he faces a primary challenge against a well funded opponent.”

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/12510
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 05:05 pm
Export not a product
which is not there at home.
I mean Democracy.
USE not your high tech intellectual
to spread your DREAMS
which is still unfulfilled.
You are alone in your misadventure
and we are not with you.
send an application to qualify yourself
as a member of the majority.

Rama
0 Replies

paull

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 06:56 pm
Quote:
Does anyone know why he lost re-election as mayor of Cleveland?

Cleveland went bankrupt while he was mayor. Not all his fault, it was a sign of the times. A guy to the left of Obama, who has no strategies, only a whiny accusatory voice, easily identifiable. You guys are better off without him.

McCain the gook hater against Hillary the do nothing cuckolded liar.............wake up in January and see I am right, when McCain takes the oath.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 06:12 pm
Pity
democracy is controlled by the
compassionate corrupt corporate club in USA.

No one wish to have this show .

let the approved/acclaimed/accepted/admired person
leave the world in peace .

We are fed up with U( If you think that U are the the only one to rule/ruin)
0 Replies