Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:18 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,867 • Replies: 43
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:42 pm
There is only one candidate that talks about he economy constantly, In fact he has talked about the economy so much he has even apoligized for it at times, and that is Ron Paul. Why is he not mentioned.

And I'm a Democrat.

Ron Paul on the recession.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piUEmriwY3Q
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:48 pm
One thing with Paul is that he is not going anywhere. It is amazing that his district continues to reelect him.

He has radical ideas that I think would severely damage the country. E.g., he favors a flat-tax that would intensify our plutocracy.

What do you find appealing about Paul?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:53 pm
((ebrown pulls up a chair to watch what should be a very interesting interchange))
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:55 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
((ebrown pulls up a chair to watch what should be a very interesting interchange))

Why don't you contribute something for a change. You usually limit yourself to personal attacks on other posters.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:57 pm
Advocate wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Why don't you contribute something for a change. You usually limit yourself to personal attacks on other posters.

In spite of the irony of your post... I think I will just watch this one for a while.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 05:10 pm
There was no irony. I presented a truism.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 05:15 pm
<<hums quietly to self... waiting for Amigo to come back>>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 05:15 pm
pulls up chair next to e brown.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 05:31 pm
Advocate wrote:
One thing with Paul is that he is not going anywhere. It is amazing that his district continues to reelect him.

He has radical ideas that I think would severely damage the country. E.g., he favors a flat-tax that would intensify our plutocracy.

What do you find appealing about Paul?
How much more of a plutocracy can we have?

None of Ron Pauls ideas can be defined as radical (that I know of). The Status quo is radical.

Ron Pauls ideas are reactionary and conservative. They are the same ideas the country was founded on. We have become so used to these radical status quo practices of the plutocracy that we believe and have been told that a return to the conservative ideas is "radical".

Fox news tried to ban Ron Paul from the republican debate. Isn't Ruppert Murdoch part of this Plutocracy?

And isn't it radical for A media monopoly man to be so closely tied in with our government?

What appeals to me about Ron Paul is The issues he is able to put into national presidential debate on T.V. forcing a dialogue on things the powers that be would rather be (re)introduced to the American public. But these ideas are growing in the minds of an increasing amount of Americans from all parties, all races and all ideologies.

The very same radical ideas we had in 1876 in Philidelphia. The Plutocracy thought they were pretty radical then to.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 06:04 pm
requests sofa next to e brown.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 06:06 pm
hey watch the spurs slim.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 08:57 pm
Take notes butterheads.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 10:52 pm
Great, I am surrounded by mindless lurkers.

Amigo, how would Paul take us out of the recession?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 05:20 am
Isnt Ron Paul that loudmouthed tranny who used to be on the Howard Stern show?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 08:23 am
farmerman wrote:
Isnt Ron Paul that loudmouthed tranny who used to be on the Howard Stern show?

That's Ru Paul.

Ron Paul is the one that published loud mouthed racist tracts and now denies he wrote or was aware of their content.

Everyone was aware of the content of Ru Paul.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 08:26 am
Didn't Ron Paul propose we eliminate the Federal Reserve?

That would stop swings in the market in anticipation of Fed Reserve rate cuts.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 08:29 am
Homophobic tracts, too.

Published for many years over his name. There was a good quote, lemme see if I can find it. Here we go:

Quote:
Paul says he didn't write the letters, that he denounces the words that appeared in them, that he was unaware for decades of what 100,000 people were receiving every month from him. That's an odd claim on which to run for president: I didn't know what my closest associates were doing over my signature, so give me responsibility for the federal government.

But then the next paragraph makes a good point, too:

Quote:

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2008/01/11/ron-pauls-ugly-newsletters/
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:35 am
It is really something when Cato slimes a Republican candidate.

But the truth is that Paul demolishes the nutitude test, qualifying him as a Republican president.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:51 am
Just watching.
0 Replies