WTF!!! HUCKABEE: Christian army of gods soldiers

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 04:45 am
WTF!!! HUCKABEE: Christian army of gods soldiers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/06/AR2008010602261_pf.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 872 • Replies: 18
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:29 am
What seems to be the problem?

Do you have an opinion or is WTF the best you got? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Solve et Coagula

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:39 am
woiyo wrote:
What seems to be the problem?

Do you have an opinion or is WTF the best you got? Rolling Eyes

Ey woiyo, no probs at all, just dream on... smile

Best wishes from Switzerland

LWWB
Roger
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:46 am
Fact is, the USA is about 75% Christian and the only other large groups are "unspecified" or "not religious".

http://www.teachingaboutreligion.org/Demographics/map_demographics.htm
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:05 am
but that doesn't mean they want a theocracy. In some ways I hope Huckabee gets the Rep nomination giving us a chance to have a referendum on a theocracy in November. I'm planning on voting in the Republican primary next month. I have no idea who I'm going to vote for, but as much as I don't want Huckabee in the White House I may vote for him in the primary -- too soon to tell.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:34 am
Huckabee couldn't create a theocracy out of our democratic republic if he wanted to. Do you think Bush has created a fascist regime? Hmm?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:44 am
I don't think Huckabee would get the chance. I do think his campaign would be a theocratic one and I'd like to see that referendum in the general. The US may be 75% Christian but that doesn't mean they want a Christian nation.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 09:12 am
I didn't read the article, but isn't there something in the constitution that prevents any single president of changing the way the system works? And particularly by having church and state fuse together, as it is wont to do in a theocratic society?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 02:34 pm
the constitution has been a very fluid document of late.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 09:47 pm
This article and Hucka-who's statements remind me of that "Jesus Camp" documentary.

Soldiers for Christ.....great! just what we need.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 09:56 am
Could Huckabee be the anti-christ?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 07:40 am
najmelliw wrote:
I didn't read the article, but isn't there something in the constitution that prevents any single president of changing the way the system works? And particularly by having church and state fuse together, as it is wont to do in a theocratic society?

Huckabee:
Quote:
I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that's what we need to do is amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than trying to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family.

video here
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 11:25 am
Ayatollah Huckabee Condemns US Constitution with new Fatwa

Mike Huckabee says he wants to amend the US constitution to bring it into line with the divinely revealed law of the living God:

' "I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

Ayatollah Huckabee is behind the times. Ayatollah Khomeini has already rectified this unfortunate secular humanist lapse in the Iranian constitution, way back in the early 1980s:

"Article 2

The Islamic Republic is a system based on belief in:

1.the One God (as stated in the phrase "There is no god except Allah"), His exclusive sovereignty and the right to legislate, and the necessity of submission to His commands;
2.Divine revelation and its fundamental role in setting forth the laws;
3.the return to God in the Hereafter, and the constructive role of this belief in the course of man's ascent towards God;
4.the justice of God in creation and legislation . . .

Even Michigan's evangelicals appear to have been put off by Huckabee's theocratic tendencies. Mitt Romney beat him in Michigan among evangelicals by a small margin, in contrast to what happened in Iowa before the dark (and sometimes bumbling) side of Huckabee became apparent.

http://www.juancole.com/
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 01:37 pm
Huckabee Directly Equates Homosexuality With Bestiality
By Greg Sargent - January 17, 2008, 12:00PM
At some point you'd think Mike Huckabee's views would be seen as so controversial that there's no way he could possibly be a contender for the nomination of one of America's two main political parties.

Especially now. In an interview with Beliefnet.com, a religion Web site, Huck has just clarified his view that the Constitution should be amended to be brought in line with God's will -- and he directly equated homosexuality with bestiality.

Huck, in elaborating on his views that the Constitution should be subjected to Biblical standards, had just wrapped up a discussion of the fact that marriage has meant "a man and a woman in a relationship for life." With this context firmly established, this exchange followed:

QUESTIONER: Is it your goal to bring the Constitution into strict conformity with the Bible? Some people would consider that a kind of dangerous undertaking, particularly given the variety of biblical interpretations.
HUCKABEE: Well, I don't think that's a radical view to say we're going to affirm marriage. I think the radical view is to say that we're going to change the definition of marriage so that it can mean two men, two women, a man and three women, a man and a child, a man and animal. Again, once we change the definition, the door is open to change it again. I think the radical position is to make a change in what's been historic.

That's pretty clear cut. Changing the definition of marriage so it can mean "two men" or "two women" is equivalent to changing it to mean "a man and an animal." No ambiguity here whatsoever.

Late Update: John Aravosis makes a key point about this latest Huckism:

This guy thinks it's fair game to talk about Romney's Mormonism? Fine, then let's have the media start talking about Huckabee's fringe views on Christianity.
Really, there's been surprisingly little discussion of this.

Separately, it's worth pointing out that Huck's quote above doesn't even use the tried-and-true "slippery slope" argument to couch his view that homosexuality is akin to bestiality. It's a direct equivalence.
link
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:57 pm
Thank you Blueflame for the wonderful news which had escaped my critical attention.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 06:15 am
blueflame1 wrote:

That's pretty clear cut. Changing the definition of marriage so it can mean "two men" or "two women" is equivalent to changing it to mean "a man and an animal." No ambiguity here whatsoever.

I don't agree. He seems to be outlining a progression that runs (in his view) from bad to worse, to ridiculous. He's saying these things are outside his definition of marriage, not drawing any other equivalence than that.

(I think he's wrong and an incomplete moron, but that's beside the point)
0 Replies

older

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 07:27 pm
I don't understand the fear that the Christians have with homosexuals. I'm not one myself, but I don't fear homosexuals anymore than I fear myself turning into a Christian. I can't remember the last time a homosexual came nocking on my door handing out pamplets telling me how I should just give up the way I live now and be more like them...and bring your wallet. As far as turning the fear of homosexuals into a political point, I think one sets themselves up in the minority when they build a platform against something that isn't in itself hurtful to other people. Why vote for fear? One things for sure...a homosexual will never get my teenage daughter pregnant!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 08:27 pm
Ever notice how all too many Christians aren't?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 10:02 pm
JTT wrote:
Ever notice how all too many Christians aren't?

All the time.
0 Replies